As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Tossin' Nades and Mournin' Caydes

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    They're getting rid of blackout? Damn, it's a ton of fun.

They might not get rid of it. Personally I'd like them to tune it so it gives a little something back to the player because going full Benny Hill mode when a Minotaur decides he is bored of guns and just wants to smack you into the stone age with no upside for you is kind of dull imo.
    Tune up guardian melee damage in turn and I think it would be a perfectly fine modifier.
    Nah, that's still death against groups of thrall or anything bigger than a dreg. If you wanted it to have an upside I think the thing to do would be to make it easier to dodge melees through some means.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    There is no good god damn mother fucking reason that 3 powerful engrams in a row should decrypt into the same mother fucking armor slot.

Jesus Christ Bungie.

EDIT: Getting 1 additional power level total from every single fucking milestone together, in a week, is super rad!

Got chestpiece 4/5 times from my main characters powerful engrams today, weapon was SMG 3/5 times.

Last week was just as awful, its gotten to the point where my least played alt who doesnt raid, overtook my mains power level.

Pure RNG is a sign of bad design.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    yeah, I'm still playing, but the faction rally reminds me of why I quit in the first place, which I'm now remembering was just after a faction rally.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    All right, 32.5 ranks to go, and have basically met all the hunter ornament requirements (still need to spend a bit of renown but that's gonna happen waaaaay before I hit 35).

The public events at Artifact's Edge on Nessus are a great way to farm Golden Gun kills of Vex. Load in, grab the flag, pop six of the Vex up in near that little alcove, fast travel back in again, repeat. I only needed to do that three times by the time I discovered it, but I think you could probably get at least half a dozen runs in per event.

Also tearing through that Lost Sector with Crimson feels great.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I hit Rank 50 with DO today (plus another 7) and put on the Graviton Lance catalyst.

It was at that point I realised the grind had only just begun.

Masterwork upgrade requires you to kill 500 enemies (fine enough) and 1000 enemies with the Cosmology perk (urk).

Oh well.

I've managed to sort out all of the ornaments bar the high value target chests for the Warlock chest-piece as well.

Am I right in thinking the Flashpoints increase the rate at which High Value Targets spawn? (in which case I should be headed to Mercury to farm the 27 I need)

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    so apparently you can’t get hive melee kills for the ornament with arcstrider

i think i would literally shit myself if bungie ever shipped anything that worked properly

Apparently it's only top tree Arcstrider that doesn't work. I'm at 9/65 and I've only played Nightstalker. I can't image that I've killed 9 enemies with smoke bombs... I wonder if it's counting regular melee kills as long as I have a charged bomb.

Quoting again for new page. This is really ridiculous.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I hit Rank 50 with DO today (plus another 7) and put on the Graviton Lance catalyst.

Masterwork upgrade requires you to kill 500 enemies (fine enough) and 1000 enemies with the Cosmology perk (urk).

Oh well.

I've managed to sort out all of the ornaments bar the high value target chests for the Warlock chest-piece as well.

Am I right in thinking the Flashpoints increase the rate at which High Value Targets spawn? (in which case I should be headed to Mercury to farm the 27 I need)

I'd say Mercury anyway for those specifically, because the one vex jump loop event is fairly common (flashpoint or not) and spawns 3 High Value Targets on its own. Each with its own chest at each jump point.

EDIT: Plus numerous others too.

I'm fairly sure that the "locked" chest events don't count, though. The Scavenger ones on Titan didn't at least.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Very late to the party, but is it true that your faction declaration is account-wide? :\

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Very late to the party, but is it true that your faction declaration is account-wide? :\

Yup! Although it tells you that in the small text before you accept.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    yeah, I'm still playing, but the faction rally reminds me of why I quit in the first place, which I'm now remembering was just after a faction rally.

they are soul suckingly stupid

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

Oh well.

I'd say Mercury anyway for those specifically, because the one vex jump loop event is fairly common (flashpoint or not) and spawns 3 High Value Targets on its own. Each with its own chest at each jump point.

My understanding (from Reddit) is that those chests don't count.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Neat, that was part of the rando theory I had absentmindedly about the plot after watching the vidoc again. Although I worry about some details
    Uldren as the bad guy seems a bit farfetched, since I imagine they want to bring Mara back at some point. I sooner expect nastybad Fallen, some Darkness, or somethire: Dredgen Yor / Shadows of Yor.

Hype though. I want directions like that.

That could still happen, though. In fact
    The expansion story could totally end with Mara coming back and beating her brother down for screwing up so hard that he killed a guardian leader.
    I suppose that's possible, I just feel like they don't mind tension, they do mind actions that would make that character irredeemable in the eyes of the audience. I think if Uldren killed Cayde, most people wouldn't be ok with anything befalling Uldren besides death.

So while I guess Mara could kill her brother, it feels a bit too dark, particularly when they talked about changing up the tone (which I interpreted in some ways to be maybe less dark / less galaxy-threatening).

Maybe it's a case where Uldren brings in his House of Kings allies, they do the Prison Break, Cayde gets killed, Uldren is responsible but not directly, and Uldren has to suffer/sacrifice prior to Mara's return.

Or maybe Cayde dies, Uldren dies, Petra dies, and Mara stays dead, and like Variks joins the Nights Watch or something, but I think that strays a bit too far from our T for Teen superhero game.

(still sad that Variks wasn't in the trailer)

(still think the Yor stuff is coming back since didn't they say Rose/Thorn is returning?)

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I think this guy cracked the code on the story for the Forsaken: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8pbjqn/spoiler_a_dark_theory_concerning_the_potential/

No joke, don't read if you don't want the main expansion spoiled because I think he might be right on the money.

This would be super boring and predictable so yeah it's probably bang on the money for Bungie's storytelling capabilities.

• Options

Oh well.

Which, the locked ones or the jump ones?

The jump ones for sure give you renoun, so the game considers them high value chests, it would be odd (though, I guess not surprising) if it didn't count for the ornament.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I think this guy cracked the code on the story for the Forsaken: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8pbjqn/spoiler_a_dark_theory_concerning_the_potential/

No joke, don't read if you don't want the main expansion spoiled because I think he might be right on the money.

This would be super boring and predictable so yeah it's probably bang on the money for Bungie's storytelling capabilities.

I don't know, I think its a pretty big departure from anything they've done so far.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Writing characters is hard. I know, what if... there were no characters??

*intense murmuring amongst bungie employees*

Luke Smith gives a thumbs up

*interns start burning all the scripts they can grab*

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I don't know, I think its a pretty big departure from anything they've done so far.

<insert joke about how minimal Destiny's in-game story is>

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Hunter ornaments done, then I finished the daily milestones. Turned in those coins on my Titan and got 3/5 armor pieces I needed. I’ll start on the warlock ornaments and hopefully I’ll get those last 2 pieces of armor that I need for the Titan.

This rally is working out pretty well.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

After completing the base game where they pretend they're going to kill of one or some of the Vanguard and then don't, I immediately thought Cayde-7 would be a good compromise.

Here's hoping that a possible Cayde-7 allows Fillion to go somewhere new and interesting with the performance. However, I don't have much faith in Bungie writing him that way seeing as how they seem to just be some folks with a lot of money who like to have Mal in their videogames.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Hunter ornaments done, then I finished the daily milestones. Turned in those coins on my Titan and got 3/5 armor pieces I needed. I’ll start on the warlock ornaments and hopefully I’ll get those last 2 pieces of armor that I need for the Titan.

This rally is working out pretty well.

I was pleasantly surprised when my hunter went from 0 to 5 faction armor pieces by the end of the evening last night. I don't know if that was just blessed RNG or what. Only have titan to gear at this point myself.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46940

TWAB up

not a whole lot of new info

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

Oh well.

Which, the locked ones or the jump ones?

The jump ones for sure give you renoun, so the game considers them high value chests, it would be odd (though, I guess not surprising) if it didn't count for the ornament.

The jump chests, they're not considered High Value Targets.

I think the sticking point is that the chest needs to drop from the yellow bar where the yellow bar was killed. If it appears elsewhere in a fixed position, or is already up and is waiting to be unlocked then it doesn't count, though many of those do count for Renown.

For example the Hive Knight yellow bar that appears in the main Titan area next to the Tank public event, when it dies it spawns a chest in the back corner of the zone, not where it dies. Gives you renown, does not count as a high value target.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46940

TWAB up

not a whole lot of new info

At the very least it mostly clarifies what the "Annual Pass" is, though it's unclear why things were rebranded, other than to move away from the term "expansion" due to it too heavily suggesting "significant addition of content and overhaul of old content".

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

After completing the base game where they pretend they're going to kill of one or some of the Vanguard and then don't, I immediately thought Cayde-7 would be a good compromise.

Here's hoping that a possible Cayde-7 allows Fillion to go somewhere new and interesting with the performance. However, I don't have much faith in Bungie writing him that way seeing as how they seem to just be some folks with a lot of money who like to have Mal in their videogames.
    So looking at the annual pass, one of the future content updates is named Joker's Wild. If one was to expand upon the idea of cards, since Cayde's gun is the Ace of Spades, right? Perhaps this would be the one where he returns.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Given the new darker tone ill be very dissapointed if theres not multiple notgrimoire cards that discuss what does and doesnt count as cabal genocide and the ethics of imprisoning fallen archons. I hope Cayde had a translator at those trials.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    So going back to the replies re: rank with vendors, it’s not in the app for me (this is Progress/Vendors/FWC):

9pyr7zx2d1ov.jpeg

And I know you can see it in-game, but I was at work at the time. I’ve also noticed that not every vendor in the game actually shows your rank when you visit them, and I can’t figure out why.

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Probably because only some of them have rewards associated with seasonal rank.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So, it took about an hour and half to get 4/5 warlock ornaments done. The helmet is still left to do at 33/50.

FWC is treating me right, I’m already dreading the next rally with the lesser factions.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Yeah, I don't get the predictable complaints.

• Options
    DrellokDrellok Bogey's Turrible Wingman Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Don't know how many of you frequent the Bungo forums, but they have a post about some D1 veterans reportedly missing the "Saladin's Pride" and "Young Wolf" emblems in the collection.

Source

nfrojbuj6g0v.png

or in DIM collections tab:
    odwcmeaip622.png

Drellok on
    XBL: DrellokTV
  • Options
    I wish they'd put in the 200 additional vault slots now.

Particularly if things in collections are somehow available to be "withdrawn", so we wouldn't even need the space as much.

Right now even with the extra 100 in Warmind, is still pretty tight.

• Options
    I'm debating trying to lfg the leviathan raid(s?), having never done them before, since I'm done with everything else this week aside from the rally stuff.

Has there been any substantial change in mechanics and stuff since launch? I thought I'd watch a guide or two, but they're all pretty old and I'm not sure if they will be outdated.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    They added challenges, where every week there's one encounter where you can try fulfill certain conditions or stay within certain restrictions for bonus loot, but I don't think there's anything fundamental about the encounters that's been changed.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    They should bring back fun modifiers that boost your power, not diminish them

Gimme modifiers that boost certain gun types. I mean, everyone will skip "sidearm day," but all the others might be fun

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I took off my wormhusk *gag* for a few matches the other day so I could try graviton forfeit and rat king. Despite how squirrelly it fires it made for a few fun, tense games but goddamn did I miss the heal. Rat king may actually be pretty damn sick once it gets its masterwork that adjusts stability I think? And adds the heal on perk trigger.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    They should bring back fun modifiers that boost your power, not diminish them

Gimme modifiers that boost certain gun types. I mean, everyone will skip "sidearm day," but all the others might be fun

How will you work on your guns if you skip sidearm day?

• Options
    LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    I love me The Last Dance very much to the point I have PvP masterworked it (and Last Hope is good too)

They are dead...you..are..not...
  • Options
    The FWC sidearm is going to be spicy in PvP and I am sad we won't have access to it until at least the next rally.

I mean, I won't have access to it until Y5 at the earliest since I'll be, uh, infiltrating the competition for their catalysts for the rest of the season, but never mind I guess. Just don't tell Lakshmi.

• Options
    LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    The FWC sidearm is going to be spicy in PvP and I am sad we won't have access to it until at least the next rally.

I mean, I won't have access to it until Y5 at the earliest since I'll be, uh, infiltrating the competition for their catalysts for the rest of the season, but never mind I guess. Just don't tell Lakshmi.

Don't worry, the screenshots are safe with me

They are dead...you..are..not...
  • Options
    Luarithae wrote: »
    Huggles wrote: »

Don't worry, the screenshots are safe with me

I'll be using FWC shaders of course. Because I'm really great at infiltration.

This discussion has been closed.