As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Anyone do the re2 demo a second time? Do you only need a basic silver account?
    I haven't tried it yet, but you probably could even do it on a guest account.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I got my fill from playing it once. I can wait until the full game launches. I only got up to the weapons locker and took out the zombies there before it ended. Never got bit once. I'm thinking the people playing before that got damaged in that beginning section just didn't take their time.

The game definitely feels creepy and you don't feel safe as you walk along, but it is manageable. I'm looking forward to playing through this as much as I did the original.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone with the Borderlands Collection up for some co-op fun? I feel like getting and shooting some new guns with someone.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone with the Borderlands Collection up for some co-op fun? I feel like getting and shooting some new guns with someone.
    Ah, and I almost picked that up during the sale, too. I do have BL2 on the 360 and steam, if you're available on those.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I have BL2 available on Steam but just the base game and it's not installed at the moment. I do have BL1 installed however.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Apparently Sea of Theives wasn't originally conceived as a pirate game; they had several concepts they were looking at.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Cool. Understandable considering its nature as a flexible "sandbox" game with modules being added in one area or another, but I didn't know anything about the original proposals.

(Other) people like pirates. So that makes sense.

edited January 2019
    Last night, while playing The Assembly...I missed my gamerscore-odometer rolling over to 100,000 for the first time.

Which is kind of sad! Now I need to photoshop "100,660" into "100,000" for posterity.

Synthesis on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    that's a dumb photoshop, there's no reason for the console to be that big if there's no drive in it.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Having watched more than my share of Xbox One teardowns, the optical drive is surprisingly thin and slender, and sandwiched between other parts.

But yes, it should be smaller.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Having watched more than my share of Xbox One teardowns, the optical drive is surprisingly thin and slender, and sandwiched between other parts.

But yes, it should be smaller.

They basically use laptop drives now. But even with a full-size drive the bulk of a console is about heat management.

Not surprisingly, it's been a while (HP Pavillion, in fact) since I owned a laptop with an optical drive. In the meantime I've owned 3 Surface Pro devices, including the original 1080p i5 device. Laptop optical drives aren't as ingrained in my memory as they used to be, but I'm pretty sure you're right.

In fact, the last teardown I watched, the (slim) Xbox One and XB1X use the same UHD drive (no reason not to). Since it's almost a certainty Project Scarlet will have one (in either one or both of the devices, if there are two), I wonder if we'll see games start being distributed on UHD as a convenience measure for owners with bandwidth caps (probably the majority in the US).

It'd be a nice feature for those who own physical games. Pop it in an original lauch Xbox One (if still supported for the new library), and it starts the download instead.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Last night, while playing The Assembly...I missed my gamerscore-odometer rolling over to 100,000 for the first time.

Which is kind of sad! Now I need to photoshop "100,660" into "100,000" for posterity.

Pity they don't do an automatic screen cap for that like when you get other Achievements.

On the bright side, what are the odds you got exactly 100,000 when it rolled over, anyway? That might never have been an actual shot you could get without having planned for it, anyway.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!

Pity they don't do an automatic screen cap for that like when you get other Achievements.

On the bright side, what are the odds you got exactly 100,000 when it rolled over, anyway? That might never have been an actual shot you could get without having planned for it, anyway.

I think there might've been in this case, given the number of achievements The Assembly has.

That being said, I would've settled for 100,100 or something.

You might think I'm joking, but I absolutely am going to photoshop this and pots it to my timeline.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Dance with the Angels!

(meh)

edited January 2019
    It's better than the other AC game on Xbox 360.

Remember Markov's wife? Of course you don't. Know one remembers anyone from that game. :lol:

Speaking of things worth remembering, if you really want a HOTAS to play Ace Combat 7, you have the choice of the cheaper Thrustmaster T. Flight HOTAS and the more expensive Hori HOTAS, both XB1/PC compatible.

Synthesis on
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Perfect! I can now stop putting the disk in once every day now that the official announcement is out (and now I can just leave the disk in!).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    It's better than the other AC game on Xbox 360.

Remember Markov's wife? Of course you don't. Know one remembers anyone from that game. :lol:

Speaking of things worth remembering, if you really want a HOTAS to play Ace Combat 7, you have the choice of the cheaper Thrustmaster T. Flight HOTAS and the more expensive Hori HOTAS, both XB1/PC compatible.

I have Assault Horizon on Steam but only because there were Idolmaster skins. Still a bit salty that Harmony Gold fuckery meant that the Macross skins were Japan-only.

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Looks like Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, We Happy Few, Lego Movie: the Video Game, and Saints Row: The Third are coming to game pass.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    Well, it's always good to get the library bigger, and We Happy Few is definitely a "try it first" kind of game. But I can't help but think that anyone who wants to play Shadow of Mordor already paid the $5 to get the GOTY edition.

In my case, albeit a small one, it's good because I initially bought it on PC but have transitioned to mostly console gaming. I've been meaning to go back and play it again, and there is nothing stopping me from doing so on PC, but I'm happy I now get to on console.

Shadow of War, the sequel that was ruined by loot boxes that I managed to completely ignore, was actually a great implementation of cross-play between console and PC for a single-player experience.

I still haven't beaten it, because there's even more side stuff to do, and I'm not entirely clearly with quest path brings to me to end of the game....but still, fun times. Controls are less terrible.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    My brain automatically assumed it was the sequel. The first game? I think it's cheaper to buy copies of that game than it is to buy coasters for your table. I found a few copies in the "take a penny, leave a penny" tray at the gas station.

Too little too late, perhaps, but Shadow of War eliminated loot boxes sometime last year.

I want to go back and finish it, too, but up around the point you have to build your orc army and go conquesting, or whatever it was, it just started to feel less interesting and unfocused.

Even before that, the game was completely playable without lootboxes. I may not have opened a single one until the announcement of their discontinuation reminded me they were a thing.

Still not a good idea though.

With or without them, the late game stage, when you're basically conquering entire territories in a very formulaic matter, does feel rather unfocused. You have to actively search for which quest chain will advance the "plot."

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I actually like Assault Horizon, fite me irl

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Has there ever been a remaster of Ace Combat 4 anywhere? It's in my top 3 favorite games ever but I know it hasn't aged that well in-game (the storyboards and music is still class)

TexiKen wrote: »
    Has there ever been a remaster of Ace Combat 4 anywhere? It's in my top 3 favorite games ever but I know it hasn't aged that well in-game (the storyboards and music is still class)

I'm pretty certain not, but maybe someone in the Ace Combat thread could tell you otherwise.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Yo me too.

I got you, we can stand back to back while the camera pans around us dramatically as our foes close in.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Assault Horizon truly is the Michael Bay's Tom Clancy of Ace Combat.

The on-screen keyboard is getting shrunk in coming updates.

xbox-one-mini-keyboard-preview.jpg?itok=i6Jqnpo8

I like it, but admittedly I have a very large TV.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    It should be a toggleable option tbh
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Yo me too.

I got you, we can stand back to back while the camera pans around us dramatically as our foes close in.

It has a dope soundtrack that still holds up to the other games, and DFM was an awesome mechanic that people wanted thrown out with the bathwater just because the whole game was built around it and it wasn't balanced for non-DFM options

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I have never played an Ace Combat.

I am aware this makes me a bad person.

I have Assault Horizon on Steam, somehow, so I should probably give it a shot one of these days.

Also the famous trailer for Ace Combat 5 gives me chills despite never having played the game. That trailer is amazing and I'm sad the versions on YouTube that I've found aren't that great.

Ace Combat does make me wish for a remake of Strike Commander, though...

AC04 is still the better overall game. AC5 comes a close second. The rest are...Ace Combat games
    Chopper dies.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Finally got around to playing quantum break. Dear god the motion blur is painful, awful stuttering and screen tearing too

Aside from that fun shooting with a dumb, self serious and nonsensical story that just refuses to get out of the way.

The live action episodes are so awful. I garauntee like 50% of players hoped out during that first tv episode, which was this weird confusing tangent completely off tonally that sucked all the air out of the opening.

Also the main character is so stupid. Why aren't you Beth? Like I never get why they always make your character some nobody who wandered onto the set, instead of one of the many interesting characters that surrounds them. Beth or Liam would have made perfect main characters, and the tv episodes seem to think so too, which is confusing, cos the first episode you spend learning about them. I never get why games so often put their worst most tedious foot first.

I cracked up when you start shooting guys and your character goes "I knew how to shoot I'd been in scrapes before", I'm like WAT, you've been in scrapes that involved shooting dozens of armed and armoured soldiers? Another area where it would have made more sense to be Liam or Beth

Basically a decent third person action shooter almost completely ruined by an unnecessarily convoluted and tangential story.

Prohass on
    Jazz wrote: »
    I have never played an Ace Combat.

I am aware this makes me a bad person.

I have Assault Horizon on Steam, somehow, so I should probably give it a shot one of these days.

Also the famous trailer for Ace Combat 5 gives me chills despite never having played the game. That trailer is amazing and I'm sad the versions on YouTube that I've found aren't that great.

Ace Combat does make me wish for a remake of Strike Commander, though...

If you're playing Assault Horizon, do yourself a favor and mute it when someone talks.

Anyone, really.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    This is probably the best version of the Ace Combat 5 video, at least for visual clarity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0WUypLOfeU

Absolutely brilliant trailer. I'm not even fond of the song at the end, but it does fit very well.

Jazz on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I caved and bought AC7 on steam. I loved 6 on 360. The PC version is coming out like 2 or 3 weeks later, really hope the port is good as I was able to get 30% off.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    It'll be interesting to see (I'm curious how it would perform with my X-56). That being said, still got it for XB1X, even with DF's findings suggesting Namco may've once again dropped the ball with UE4 on Xbox (as they sort of did with SCVI)....