As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's been fixed, the issues were with framerate in certain cases

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    So there's an Xbox-specific $250 mouse and keyboard set now. I don't think Halo Wars 2 has added mouse & keyboard support, though, and that seems like it should have been a no-brainer.

It's pretty, though, in the sense of glowing rainbow things are pretty.

I think it will happen, but keep in mind, HW2 is completely engineered to be played with a gamepad. They even recommend you use one when playing the game on PC.

Though mostly this reminds me I need to keep playing HW2. I completely stopped despite having a great time with the game thusfar. Probably got too caught up challenge chasing.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    $250 seems high for a mouse and keyboard... is that how much those things cost now? It's not like it needs special internal gizmos to work on a console or whatever.

That's how much overpriced keyboards and mice cost--well, sometimes--though keep in mind, there's support for generic USB devices of both. Just not every possible keyboard or mouse.

I played through HW2 earlier this year and took full advantage of Play Anywhere to jump back and forth between console and PC. I wound up preferring the keyboard controls, but I will 100% admit that could have been from baked-in prejudice.

Actually, I spent a frightening amount of time in April playing all of the Halo games* and reading all of the Halo books (thank heavens for a robust public library system) just to see if it would make Halo 4 make any more sense on a second playthrough. It turned out that it did, though the jury is still out on whether needing to read like seventeen books is something you should have to do in order to understand a video game story.

* Yes, even the mobile ones. Another advantage of cross-buy, I had bought them for Windows Phone and could play them on PC.

The Halo mobile games are great. Little top-down shooters with awesome visuals that (almost) feel like Halo.

You mean Spartan Assault? I love that game, got it straightaway when I got an Xbox One. Not much of an FPS person, so that's my Halo.

I just wish they'd port Spartan Strike already. That, and I wish the Spartan Assault Mega Blox figures were easier to get. =(

As for Halo Wars 2, the controller wasn't meshing with me, so I tried to use crossplay to use KBAM on my PC to see if I'd like that better, but my PC can't run it. =P

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I didn’t have a live subscription from basically 2008 through 2017 so I wouldn’t mind some reruns.

Well really I just want Reach without having to get my disc off the shelf or pay for it.

Ah, that laziness. Pretty sure many of us know it well :lol:

Does Reach run properly on the Xbox One yet? It had some substantial issues once upon a time, as I recall.

Yes, actually. Reach became the BC program's test case for "releasing a game too early", and they're really proud of the work since then.

Of course, since the alternative could always be, "Oh yeah? Where else you gonna' go play last generation games on current consoles? Gaikai? Oh yeah that's what I thought," it wasn't all that big a deal.

I thought DF did a re-look at it, but I guess not? Just look for more recent video of Reach on the Xbox One.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I didn’t have a live subscription from basically 2008 through 2017 so I wouldn’t mind some reruns.

Well really I just want Reach without having to get my disc off the shelf or pay for it.

Ah, that laziness. Pretty sure many of us know it well :lol:

Does Reach run properly on the Xbox One yet? It had some substantial issues once upon a time, as I recall.

It's literally seven steps each way from my comfy chair to the shelf. Plus I have to get up and sit down. And while I'm up I'll probably realize I need to make a bathroom stop and that's like I don't even know maybe 15 or 20 steps and more sitting. It could be MORE. How am I supposed to achieve my true final form as one of the passengers from Wall-E with all of this involuntary exercise?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Repeat games are what Gamepass are for. I really don't want them to start re-giving out the same AC games (for example) when we could be getting new stuff.

• Options
    Repeat games are what Gamepass are for. I really don't want them to start re-giving out the same AC games (for example) when we could be getting new stuff.

I agree for the most part but it's the first instance of them doing so. That being said, it's a decent game and not some no-name indie puzzle title with a 45 minute length or whatever they usually toss in there. I'm guess I'm okay with repeats if it means more quality titles. As has been mentioned, not every one has had a constant XBL sub since 2014.

I'm far more annoyed by the somewhat lackluster offerings from GWG. For instance, Destiny 2 base game has been free on both PC and PS4 now. Also, the lack of any Humble Bundle style deals where you can get a bunch of games on the cheap would be really nice. Things like that are more important to me than repeated GWG titles since tbh I don't play a lot of GWG titles to start with.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Bah. Just WRC for me in January's GWG. Already have the other three titles.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Looking at my stats just reminds me every year how I really should get out more, try to cut down on my time in front of a screen. Yeesh.

I've looked into this "get out more" concept.

Highly overrated.
    xz4ufwf0npf9.jpg

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Has anybody played remothering? It's part of the 75% off sale but I'm trying to avoid buying games I'll never play

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Celeste being on Games with Gold is a solid reminder to only buy games you intend to play in the near future, as they might come around to free if you wait instead of adding to your paid backlog. Since Overcooked 2 is my current co-op game of choice (and I therefore don't need another one), I'm hoping A Way Out makes it to GWG sometime.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I wish sunset overdrive was on a better sale, I think I’d buy it again just to goof around with it for a bit. I liked that game a lot.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    IDK, while not buying games and waiting until they are free is a good deal for you, that strat doesn't usually work well for the people who make games. :P

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Beat Celeste on switch awhile ago. Great game, so I'm sure I'll play through it again on Xbox. Still have a lot of extra stuff to complete on it though. The game is pretty big.

Also just resubbed to gamepass again. I think I've had it for 4 or 5 months now here and there. I pretty much only get it a month at a time whenever it's on sale for 1 dollar. Anything I should focus my attention on in gamepass before I go back to work on Wed.? Maybe Below or Ashen?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Ashen

• Options
    IDK, while not buying games and waiting until they are free is a good deal for you, that strat doesn't usually work well for the people who make games. :P

Buy whatever you'd like to. I'm coming at it from the problem of being a habitual wasteful buyer. Buying all the good sales has left me with like 200+ hours of games that I 'could' play.

• Options
    I absolutely will.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I wish sunset overdrive was on a better sale, I think I’d buy it again just to goof around with it for a bit. I liked that game a lot.

Seven bucks isn't cheap enough for you?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

Seven bucks isn't cheap enough for you?

I already own it on disc but can’t find it! I lose discs too easy heh

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Extremely Important Breaking News:

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Snowboard games are some of my go to Christmas/Winter games. Still have SSX3 on disc.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    should i buy odyssey or origins if they're both the same price and i haven't played an AC since... brotherhood but want to give the series another go?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I think folks in the Steam thread are saying Odyssey is better, but I don't know nlmuch about either to say anything against Origins.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I've only played Origins, but everything I've heard of Odyssey is that it's Origins but more/better.

Unless you have a particular fondness for ancient Egypt, go for Odyssey.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think it mostly comes down to whether you prefer ancient Egypt or Greece more.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Also Odyssey fully embraces the RPG side of things so if that's more your bag go that way too

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also if you want to play as a cool queer lady.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Origins to me had a more driven story. And an easier to navigate world map.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Also if you want to play as a cool queer lady.

Doesn't everybody?

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I think the only ac I legit liked was black flag but I have a bunch of the games from gwg, might try a few more.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I think the only ac I legit liked was black flag but I have a bunch of the games from gwg, might try a few more.

GWG needs to get Brotherhood on there. A weird omission that has to be corrected one day.

• Options
    I thought III was neat... Black Flag kinda threw me off the series as a "I want to play this whe nit is released" tier game... really do need to start it eventually.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Black Flag is good when you're being a pirate wandering the seas. It sucks when its an AC game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Someone developing Forza Horizon 4 thought "You know what would be a good idea? Let's put a challenge where you have to drive into and destroy things to accumulate points in a chain. But then let's make it if you drive into the wrong thing...say, a tree that's slightly too big for you to run over and accumulate more points...you break your chain and the points you'd accumulated."

"Oh, and let's not tell the player how many points they need to get three out of three stars. Let them have fun guessing."

Shit like that's why the Horizon series will never be quite as good as Motorsport, with it's lack of stupid bullshit.

• Options
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ah darn, I bought ssx3 cause it’s one of my favorite games of all time but the Xbox controller layout is fucking crazy because the og Xbox didn’t have shoulder buttons and it’s driving my muscle memory absolutely insane.

I’ve beaten that game probably 20+ times on native hardware and emulators and it took me like 2 minutes trying to figure out how to do an Uber trick. Shame because it looks really incredible on an x, but I just can’t play it.

Edit: ah I kept falling too and couldn’t figure out why but the boost button is also a trick button so I apparently am preloading the boost by a fraction of a second normally which is fine in ps2 when it’s shared with the tweak button but keep eating shit on Xbox lol.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    IIRC there's a second control scheme in SSX3 that's way better, but every time you boot up the game you'll need to manually load the settings. Because for whatever reason the settings are a separate save file from the characters.

• Options
    i tried the other layout as well. it had jump on left trigger and that was even crazier. it'd probably be fine if i was playing it for the first time but i beat that game probably two times a year heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I went into Black Flag while I was still pissed off about the ending to AC3, and it did not help when the main character in Black Flag picks up an Assassin's outfit, puts it on and immediately gets all the cool moves, Greatest-American-Hero-Style. I made it a few hours in, got to a mandatory hunting tutorial and shelved it. Went cold turkey after being a yearly buyer and buying the portable spinoffs etc.

Didn't help, either, that I have a really hard time with the concept of playing a pirate.

Had an epiphany earlier this year and went back to it pretending that it had nothing to do with the AC storyline and had a lot more fun with it. I see why people say that it's the only AC game they like, because it's mostly a sail around and blast the heck out of other ships and take over forts kind of game. They also realllllllly downplay the "Be a pirate!" aspect of the story, because almost all of the other ships are military ships so you're not so much doing the raping and murdering civilians thing. Pretty much the worst thing you do is kill a lot of whales to upgrade your gear, and if you're squeamish about that then you can buy all the whale parts in stores.

After that, I played Freedom Cry, which was also very good, and Rogue which may be my favorite game in the series not featuring Ezio. Rogue actually managed to retroactively improve AC3.

Then Unity... which has a great main character but tried and failed miserably to make me care about the French Revolution. It also had the "feature" of tying in to their mobile app to get currency to unlock chests scattered around the map, though fortunately they patched that out about a year after launch. They also changed up the combat system to make things harder and made you grind to unlock all of the assassin moves that you usually got from the beginning of any AC game, like Air Assassinate etc. You know, the stuff you get in ACIV from just putting on the right clothes.

• Options
    Come on, now. When Ralph got the suit, he promptly lost the instructions and flailed like crazy for two and a half seasons. The aliens had to re-give them twice before it stopped being funny.

• Options
    Git gud.

Exactly!