As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Getting some real Dante from Clerks vibes from this whiny teacher

Why does he have to be my problem? I wasn't even supposed to be here today.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Kamoshida suuuuucks

This gun rules

The other students think I don't study

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    spono wrote: »

Kawakami's just tired, y'know?

too many irons in the fire

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Lots of time fishing

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »

Lots of time fishing

And occasionally she spends time at the pond too.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    coffee dad is just tired from fighting the shadowlord

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Past a certain point coffee dad kinda just turns into a different character
    like, he softens up so much that the early stuff with him doesn't make a ton of sense to me

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    eyyy i finally beat it

royal ending
    a fucking fist fight?
    FOR REAL?!

• Options
    like, he softens up so much that the early stuff with him doesn't make a ton of sense to me
    It's also he gets to see that the MC isn't anything like his reputation that was preceding him arriving, and that the MC also helped out with his adopted daughter's issues as well. So it's some of that.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    It's also he gets to see that the MC isn't anything like his reputation that was preceding him arriving, and that the MC also helped out with his adopted daughter's issues as well. So it's some of that.
    I’m about halfway through Royal and Sojiro’s attitude really starts to do a 180 once you bring Morgana home. Before then, he’s incredibly antagonistic (of course, he thinks you’re a violent criminal and is probably acting out of some latent fear for Futaba, but still, it seems disproportionate at the start), and the transition from that to being still-grumbly but showing signs of fatherly warmth and affection is a bit jarring. Like he’s two different people, rather than one responding to new information.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I’m about halfway through Royal and Sojiro’s attitude really starts to do a 180 once you bring Morgana home. Before then, he’s incredibly antagonistic (of course, he thinks you’re a violent criminal and is probably acting out of some latent fear for Futaba, but still, it seems disproportionate at the start), and the transition from that to being still-grumbly but showing signs of fatherly warmth and affection is a bit jarring. Like he’s two different people, rather than one responding to new information.
    he doesn't even think you're a violent criminal is the thing. He knows the full story on day one, and he harangues you for not minding your own business

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I still think it’s the weirdest thing how he makes a big deal over a GUY sitting in his passenger seat.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Look he likes kittycats ok

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    P5 Strikers is out now and I'm just itching to get home from work and fire it up

• Options
    Agh I need to play more, I can't just leave all these spoilers sitting there unopened

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I know its been said in a lot of reviews, but its legitimately surprising how much Strikers seems like an actual Persona game

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Welp, time for me to avoid the thread until April, because I can't play Strikers for like a month.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i got physical copy so I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Still baffling they made Strikers not follow Royal, but the original instead.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    wait it's out today?? I thought it was next week! I thought I had time!!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

if you pre-ordered you get early access

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

if you pre-ordered you get early access

pre-ordered the deluxe edition at least

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

lot more people bought vanilla

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

They were in development at basically the same time, wasn't really possible to coordinate both

• Options
    that's how they get you to buy p5s:r

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

"I am NOT happy about this," I say, reaching for my wallet

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Ah but if I played the original P5 release and then played P5S...

• Options

Seems like the exact opposite. "Yeah Royal is actually completely non-canon so you can skip it entirely."

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Who's Elizabeth

ok so no one actually explained what the deal with Elizabeth is. As best I remember it, but it's been A WHILE so some of this might be innaccurate: (persona 3 ending and persona 4 fighting game spoilers)
    at the end of Persona 3, a few weeks after the last battle against Nyx, the goddess of death, the main character gradually gets more and more tired, then falls asleep, and peacefully passes away. In the crappy epilogue game "The Answer" you find out, after 30 hours of shitty boring grinding with no story, that he died because he realized in the last battle that they could not defeat Nyx, but he could stop her from entering the real world and killing everyone by preventing humanity's subconscious wishes for oblivion from reaching her and calling her forth. So he made a barrier out of his soul, draining the life from his body over those last few weeks before his body died. So now his soul is literally crucified on a big door in the shadow world, and the wishes in the form of giant shadows tear at him there forever trying to get through to call Nyx.

Everyone is upset to discover this but they can't figure out any way to help him. In the fighting game spinoffs set a few years afterwards, right after Persona 4, Elizabeth, the velvet room attendant from P3, is shown to have left the room to go on a quest to find a way to save MC's soul from eternal torment because she is in wuv with him or something I guess. She has not made any progress finding any solution by the end of those games' plots and the rest of the P3 crew seem to have decided that it is impossible to both get his soul out of there and prevent Nyx from returning, so the best way they can help him is by continuing to fight shadows and make the world a better place to reduce the amount of wishes for oblivion he has to endure.

So people keep hoping they're going to continue that storyline eventually and give the P3 protagonist a happy ending some day, but it seems like they're not really interested in returning to those characters and plots anymore.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ

• Options
    the P3 ending is pretty heavy! I think it worked better as an ambiguous ending though before they added the bad epilogue game.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I liked The Answer, but that's (literally) just me.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I liked The Answer, but that's (literally) just me.
    i liked it a lot too

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Who's Elizabeth

ok so no one actually explained what the deal with Elizabeth is. As best I remember it, but it's been A WHILE so some of this might be innaccurate: (persona 3 ending and persona 4 fighting game spoilers)
    at the end of Persona 3, a few weeks after the last battle against Nyx, the goddess of death, the main character gradually gets more and more tired, then falls asleep, and peacefully passes away. In the crappy epilogue game "The Answer" you find out, after 30 hours of shitty boring grinding with no story, that he died because he realized in the last battle that they could not defeat Nyx, but he could stop her from entering the real world and killing everyone by preventing humanity's subconscious wishes for oblivion from reaching her and calling her forth. So he made a barrier out of his soul, draining the life from his body over those last few weeks before his body died. So now his soul is literally crucified on a big door in the shadow world, and the wishes in the form of giant shadows tear at him there forever trying to get through to call Nyx.

Everyone is upset to discover this but they can't figure out any way to help him. In the fighting game spinoffs set a few years afterwards, right after Persona 4, Elizabeth, the velvet room attendant from P3, is shown to have left the room to go on a quest to find a way to save MC's soul from eternal torment because she is in wuv with him or something I guess. She has not made any progress finding any solution by the end of those games' plots and the rest of the P3 crew seem to have decided that it is impossible to both get his soul out of there and prevent Nyx from returning, so the best way they can help him is by continuing to fight shadows and make the world a better place to reduce the amount of wishes for oblivion he has to endure.

So people keep hoping they're going to continue that storyline eventually and give the P3 protagonist a happy ending some day, but it seems like they're not really interested in returning to those characters and plots anymore.
    Basically, Elizabeth is the canon romance option for P3. But I don't think the MC dies, they're just comatose? Also, the shadows born of apathy/nihilism/etc aren't actually reaching the MC - Elizabeth is also destroying any that get close when she's not trying to find an alternative for the seal.

But more or less you're remembering correctly.

Technically, the other detail is it's not Nyx specifically falling, but a separate entity born of that apathy and nihilism and shit dragging her down. Not that's a difference functionally, since either way it's the end of the world.

And yeah, I wish they'd go back and do more to add some resolution on some of that stuff. Mitsuru is spending a lot of time cleaning up her grandfather's messes and such, which are to blame for the situation in the first place. I thought Labrys's backstory fit in really well with everything too, and then oops never speak of any of this again after Arena.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    ArcSys is obviously very busy and Strikers has more or less taken the place of it, but I would still kill for a Persona 5 Arena

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Really have the itch to play Strikers, but I still have ~70 hours to go in Royal and I don't think I have it in me to juggle the two

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    eyyy i finally beat it

royal ending
    a fucking fist fight?
    FOR REAL?!
    It's deliberately the opposite of the climax of the original ending

Instead of summoning the biggest Persona with the biggest weapon and getting the coolest headshot, you're depowered, unarmed, and the action is totally lame

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    To be clear I don't dislike the story in The Answer even if I think it might have worked better with the ambiguous original ending, i just hate the tedious stretched far too thin gameplay you have to do to see that one nugget of story.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    eyyy i finally beat it

royal ending
    a fucking fist fight?
    FOR REAL?!
    It's deliberately the opposite of the climax of the original ending

Instead of summoning the biggest Persona with the biggest weapon and getting the coolest headshot, you're depowered, unarmed, and the action is totally lame
    Lame? How dare you.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    strikers seems difficult to the point of absurdity

i literally cannot figure out what the deal is

Elendil on