As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I played through like half the game just winging it, then got paranoid and started looking up social link answers. Managed to get everyone maxed by the end.

It's still not easy, but 5 is probably the easiest of the games to max out all the links in. Never looked up what to do on specific days for example, just the social link answers.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I didn't worry about it the first time through.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    5 is easy enough to max people out in if you have a general idea of what you're going for; sun is kinda weird and time sensitive, fortune is super great for maxing stuff out, confusion in mementos gives infinite cash, don't try to max hierophant early, always have the right arcana when hanging with people.

I ate an engineer
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    5 is easy enough to max people out in if you have a general idea of what you're going for; sun is kinda weird and time sensitive, fortune is super great for maxing stuff out, confusion in mementos gives infinite cash, don't try to max hierophant early, always have the right arcana when hanging with people.

This is absolutely not the case if you're not a series veteran. It is not easy to max shit out when this weird-ass game that's not like any other game throws 100 options a day at you.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Maxing P5 confidants really just comes down to getting Fortune and maybe Temperance up for time economy. If you do things optimally you have like, 3 free months.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I named my P5 main 'Johnny Wrestling'.

My thief gang was known as "Rebel Hearts", because it fit thematically and also I'm a huge stinky mark.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Do not hang out with anyone, spend all your time in the gym, you will be a stranger to your team but they won't mind because you will be extremely big

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Always
    Use
    Bufu

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Play baseball every day and become a professional player with the Nippon Ham Fighters.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Trying to max everything out on your first playthrough is a good recipe to have a bad experience.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

This is absolutely not the case if you're not a series veteran. It is not easy to max shit out when this weird-ass game that's not like any other game throws 100 options a day at you.

Persona 5 was my first game in the series. I had almost a month to spare with literally just the advice I gave you.

I ate an engineer

Persona 5 was my first game in the series. I had almost a month to spare with literally just the advice I gave you.

Good for you!

It ain't that way for most people.

I think it depends on your approach. I didn't read many books, play any games, rent any videos or visit the batting cages until the end of the game, as they weren't a priority.

Links are the game's selling point, I think it's more likely than not that newcomers would know what they're getting into and plan accordingly.

ladi.png
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I messed up and spent a lot of days working early on when I didn't really need to, and wasted time by like.. I guess doing stuff in the wrong order? I'm at 27/11 with the last dungeon done and still have hanged and tower at rank 4, all I really care about is getting them to 8 for the last mementos missions I need. I *think* that's doable.

I also didn't group my mementos quests well enough, spent too long on getting skills up for specific blocked links, and didn't max out temperance or even start fortune until way too late.

There's a hell of a lot of stuff that is in no way obvious that you should do without prior knowledge.

Also I discovered there were decorations you can place in your room today. In November. This game is chronically bad at surfacing gameplay mechanics. I didn't even know there was a fishing minigame either until about August.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Just hit November in my NG+ run, think it’s gonna be close but I might just pull out the platinum

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    On my initial playthrough I never unlocked the fishing area, video games, and didn't know about the smoothies.

I did however consume burgers bigger than my torso every night for two months straight.

Do the burgers continually give you the same stat points after the first time?

jaziek wrote: »
    Do the burgers continually give you the same stat points after the first time?

I don't think they do but I literally had nothing else I could do at the time.

This actually relates to one of the game's foibles in my mind, the transactional nature of the relationships you forge. I started confidants and progressed them according to the value they afforded my character (unless I ran into a stat wall), so immediately clocked on to Fortune (and left Devil dead last).

I thought it made the system a lot more rewarding and allowed people to prioritise according to their preferences, but also lost something of the wholesomeness of P3P and P4, just sitting with an old lady or a dying young man because you wanted to hear their stories.

ladi.png
    edited June 2018
    I am kinda trying to see where I messed up though. To my knowledge I never outright missed an opportunity to do something. Never went to bed early by mistake. I guess I wasn't looking up what chat options to pick, and because I started fortune very late and wasn't super diligent about always having the right personas equipped I probably spent a lot more time on intermediate dates and things than I needed to. I took maybe 2 extra days in total across all of the dungeons than the minimum I could have done, but definitely could have picked speedier ways to get my stats up. Reading the book which makes movies more effective a lot earlier would have helped loads, for instance. Just lots of little things adding up I guess.

jaziek on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It's super easy to max out 5 with like, a couple months to spare as long as you use the Fortune Confidant bonuses. That shit is seriously OP.

It only costs money, which is really easy to get with either the Sun's bonuses or from confusing bosses in the 'optional' dungeon.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Yeah; missing Fortune, not finding out about the shakes early on, not having a matching arcana (I feel like the number of personas you can carry early on is quite low, 8?) and not maxing Temperance will set you back a good bit.

Just booted up my save and I remember being bummed at how many cool Personas there are that you'll never use, partly because you already fused Yoshitsune (again) like 20 levels ago but also because there's no content that actually demands it. Hard to motivate myself to go through NG+ just for one fusion and the bonus fight.

ladi.png
    It's actually kind of funny to go through NG+ with that one Persona who is either resistant, immune, or reflects absolutely everything on the MC

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Yeah; missing Fortune, not finding out about the shakes early on, not having a matching arcana (I feel like the number of personas you can carry early on is quite low, 8?) and not maxing Temperance will set you back a good bit.

Just booted up my save and I remember being bummed at how many cool Personas there are that you'll never use, partly because you already fused Yoshitsune (again) like 20 levels ago but also because there's no content that actually demands it. Hard to motivate myself to go through NG+ just for one fusion and the bonus fight.

Yeah, for Confidants, the key is Fortune + Matching Arcana. Fortune is ridiculous. The earlier you get it up the earlier you can raise all your other Confidants easily.

For Dungeons, it's Death for SP Regen Accessories for unlimited SP meaning unlimited heals/grinding. And Sun to help with getting money.

Temperance maxed makes running the side-dungeon only take up one time period instead of two, yeah.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Always
    Use
    Bufu
    On things you shouldn't

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Speaking of fusions it did annoy me how backloaded they were.

There are quite a few between 50-60 but level wise you really don't spend much time there.

Also speaking of S.Links I remember loading up my very first P3 save that I went completely blind in before I knew the S.Link tricks. I had like 2-3 girls reversed (That said vanilla P3 was kinda dumb about that) and half my links were at 5 or below...in December. Terrible.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    In case you were wondering about the latest DMC HD Collection for PS4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078W7Y7VK

K3GIBNC.png

ZD98Zka.png
    :( I didn't realise I'd need 5 guts to get iwais mementos quests, so there goes that achievement.
    Oh well, there's always Ng+ I guess.

Ashcroft wrote: »
    In case you were wondering about the latest DMC HD Collection for PS4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078W7Y7VK

K3GIBNC.png

Persona does not feature dante.

Yet

ZD98Zka.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    smoothies?

PiptheFair wrote: »
    smoothies?

On Sunday the smoothie shop in the subway station sells a drink that gives you a point of a social skill.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    this stupid goddamn game

edited June 2018
    this stupid goddamn game

It is mentioned once and never again very early during one of those before school scenes

I think

I may be confusing that with the drink at the cafe.

rhylith on
    smoothies?

On Sunday the smoothie shop in the subway station sells a drink that gives you a point of a social skill.

Two points when you use the Fortune buff. And it doesn't take up any time.

I don't think the smoothie was ever mentioned in-game because I grab on to the most minute stuff like that.

I imagine it would be the girls on the way to school talking about it.

or the girls in the classroom. Right at the beginning it says you should listen to them talking about what food is good, so maybe there.

I couldn't find a damn thing in that subway system. The layout was so confusing.

ZD98Zka.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I'm almost positive that the game informs you about the smoothies in the subway because I did not use a guide but I did max out my social stats and social links in my one playthrough and smoothies factored into that. And I think the only achievement I completely missed was reading all the books.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar