As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Well, it would be impossible to follow up Maze of Life, the best Persona song.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Wherever that is hidden, it does not immediately play when the game loads up, as is the custom

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    It plays once you're past the prologue of the game

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I've been playing through Persona 5 'cause I just got it. This is a very good game

also I've been practicing so when I play Smash Bros w/ my bros I can main Joker

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    My bro took my Ps2 when he moved out, so I ordered a new slim one and P3 FES (I've only played P3P). It was supposed to show up yesterday but at this point UPS is screwing with me. :(

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    With the experience that encountering a Fiend brings in an SMT or Devil Summoner game, I feel like Persona needs to maintain that sense of terror and tension, like when a Reaper shows up.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Well, I held out as long as possible just in case, but the Showtime edition of Q2 ain't coming to the UK I guess.

I could import the dang thing, but £75 for an LE of a game that won't run on my system, eessh.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Well, I held out as long as possible just in case, but the Showtime edition of Q2 ain't coming to the UK I guess.

I could import the dang thing, but £75 for an LE of a game that won't run on my system, eessh.

Welcome to the importer struggle. At least Catherine FB was region free.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    My bro took my Ps2 when he moved out, so I ordered a new slim one and P3 FES (I've only played P3P). It was supposed to show up yesterday but at this point UPS is screwing with me. :(

Yus, stuff is here now. Time to start P3 from the top again.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

I pretty much love OG Persona 3 from top to bottom, barring two things:

1: the fact that you cannot just be friends with any of the teenage females. You have to either keep them at rank 7 (or 6 maybe) to keep it from becoming a relationship, or be a serial monogamist who drops the girls after you rank 10 them.

2: The fucking perennial problem of the Persona series being goddamn transphobic. The only game I don't remember any transphobia in is Persona 1, and that might just because I didn't run into it.

• Options
    never die wrote: »

1: the fact that you cannot just be friends with any of the teenage females. You have to either keep them at rank 7 (or 6 maybe) to keep it from becoming a relationship, or be a serial monogamist who drops the girls after you rank 10 them.

2: The fucking perennial problem of the Persona series being goddamn transphobic. The only game I don't remember any transphobia in is Persona 1, and that might just because I didn't run into it.

In P3P, getting "tired" while exploring the dungeon was meaningless. Does that actually do something in FES?

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

In P3P, getting "tired" while exploring the dungeon was meaningless. Does that actually do something in FES?

Yeah, they neutered it for P3P. In the original/FES characters would get tired after fighting X amount of battles in Tartarus. It made them all-around worse in combat, and if you returned to the entrance (to heal at the clock, say) they'd call it quits for the night and leave your party. Basically it acted as a limit on the amount of time you could effectively stay in Tartarus, whereas in P3P it just meant you couldn't go to Tartarus several days in a row.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »

Yeah, they neutered it for P3P. In the original/FES characters would get tired after fighting X amount of battles in Tartarus. It made them all-around worse in combat, and if you returned to the entrance (to heal at the clock, say) they'd call it quits for the night and leave your party. Basically it acted as a limit on the amount of time you could effectively stay in Tartarus, whereas in P3P it just meant you couldn't go to Tartarus several days in a row.

So I've played P3P past the second boss. In a very general, non-spoiler sense, what's the general progression one should do for P3 FES? Should I google link necessary Personas and make CERTAIN I get them, or just fuse whatever vendor trash I happen to have available? Is fusing together level 1 stuff even worthwhile to be doing? I'm not going for the idea of a one year perfect run, just wanted some tips on what's a fun way to play the game normally as a pretty much first timer?

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »

So I've played P3P past the second boss. In a very general, non-spoiler sense, what's the general progression one should do for P3 FES? Should I google link necessary Personas and make CERTAIN I get them, or just fuse whatever vendor trash I happen to have available? Is fusing together level 1 stuff even worthwhile to be doing? I'm not going for the idea of a one year perfect run, just wanted some tips on what's a fun way to play the game normally as a pretty much first timer?

always be fusing, if you can get a higher level out of a fusion always do it, focus on your S-links first for maximum levels

then from there make sure you've got a good variety of spells and resistances on your team

the only exception is, if you manage to get a null physical Persona, keep it until you get a higher level null physical Persona, the utility will make it worth it

• Options
    If and when you find yourself needing any specific Personas, this calculator is very handy

https://arantius.com/misc/persona-3-fes-fusion-calculator/#/list/name

It's not 100% accurate, but it's pretty close. I only ever had like 2 or 3 fusions not turn out right.

I highly recommend eventually getting to level 90 and fusing Messiah, as that's the only way to get the best armor and item in the game.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I wonder if we'll hear anything about any new games at E3 or TGS this year. Once Q2 is out, there's only R and S announced right?

They must have been working on P6 for a couple of years by now, and I would have thought a new fighting game and a bunch of Switch ports are going to happen.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If the Switch port was happening I would have imagined they would have announced it with P5R and the Musou game

P6 is happening but considering it dropped not even a full 3 years ago and the gap betwern P4's release and P5's announcement was 5 years, I doubt we are seeing it anytime soon

Especially not at E3

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    I want a port of p3 portable

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    If the Switch port was happening I would have imagined they would have announced it with P5R and the Musou game

P6 is happening but considering it dropped not even a full 3 years ago and the gap betwern P4's release and P5's announcement was 5 years, I doubt we are seeing it anytime soon

Especially not at E3

P5's announcement was largely delayed by them having big problems with the PS3 though. Now that they have an engine that works well with the PS4, and that PS4 games will just run on PS5, I'd hope that those kind of gaps are a thing of the past.

And for Switch there's a lot more than P5 they could port. They made a few PSP games that could be ported over.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    feel like if we see anything from atlus it'll be SMT V

• Options
    feel like if we see anything from atlus it'll be SMT V
    Let's hope.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    ah, SMT V

the game I'll end up buying a Switch for.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    SMT 5 was announced prior to Switch release and we have heard nothing about it ever since so I'm not holding high hopes for the thing.

• Options
    I ordered the stupid PQ2 LE that I won't even be able to play shut up stop looking at me like that it's an investment OK??

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    If they were announcing P6 I'd be surprised if they did it at E3 and not, say, TGS

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    If they were announcing P6 I'd be surprised if they did it at E3 and not, say, TGS

if they announce P6 they will do it in an interminable stream narrated by Morgana, as is tradition

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    morgana is good and my friend

please do not insult my obnoxious cat friend

• Options
    Morgana sniffs farts

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    what morgana does in his free time is his own business

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    SMT 5 was announced prior to Switch release and we have heard nothing about it ever since so I'm not holding high hopes for the thing.

Maybe, but I had zero expectations for Tokyo Mirage Sessions and that turned out pretty fun.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    No it isn't because he won't let me do what the hell I wanna do with my free time!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    No it isn't because he won't let me do what the hell I wanna do with my free time!!!

you need your rest

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

you need your rest

We're going to get sushi tomorrow evening, better go to sleep at 5:30

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »

if they announce P6 they will do it in an interminable stream narrated by old woman reporter, as is tradition

Fixed.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Blue doll FOE started chasing me on the fourth floor of the 3rd Labyrinth and the game clearly wanted me to run away using the lights and switches to create a path. Instead I engaged it immediately because delicious materials.

It turned out to be weak to Slash damage and not immune to Light instant death. So about the threat level of a wet raspberry

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    morgana is a dingus and a jerk but I'm willing to forgive a lot in order to see his followup attack

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Blue doll FOE started chasing me on the fourth floor of the 3rd Labyrinth and the game clearly wanted me to run away using the lights and switches to create a path. Instead I engaged it immediately because delicious materials.

It turned out to be weak to Slash damage and not immune to Light instant death. So about the threat level of a wet raspberry

Yeah, Etrian doesnt let you instant death stuff so easily.

And they dont let you get stupid strong poison as early anymore either.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, Etrian doesnt let you instant death stuff so easily.

And they dont let you get stupid strong poison as early anymore either.

Panic is also OP in Q. Like, dumb levels of OP.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    I can't tell if PQ2 starting with Morgana waking you up is an intentional joke or not