As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    To be fair, the game absolutely does have a Makoto/Protagonist bias to it
    Both in the main storyline (during the first time the gang meets Futaba at Sojiro's house during the storm) snd in the early parts of Makoto's social link there are multiple moments where either people say that Protag is Makoto's boyfriend/that they are dating and/or bits where they hold hands and get close to each other.

I'm not trying to rain on your Ann parade, she is a rad character who I bet is a fun romance but the game absolutely leans towards Makoto being the "canon" romance by default

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I think Makoto has an absolute baller awakening and really interesting main story links because of Sae, but her social link plays things very safe - which kind of tracks with her awakening, but isn't very satisfying.

P5 does Haru a grave disservice in how its structure negatively impacts the time you get to spend with her, and the weirdly generic route her link takes is such a wasted opportunity.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    The best part about Mishima is that the answers you pick don't actually matter for that specific s-link. You'll always level up the s-link every time you hang out with him so you can just dunk on him the entire time and it's just as efficient as trying to pick the "right" answer. Mishima sucks.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    mishima is a survivor of abuse mishandling things after gaining some level of power over his life for the first time

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I think Makoto has an absolute baller awakening and really interesting main story links because of Sae, but her social link plays things very safe - which kind of tracks with her awakening, but isn't very satisfying.

P5 does Haru a grave disservice in how its structure negatively impacts the time you get to spend with her, and the weirdly generic route her link takes is such a wasted opportunity.

The fancy coffee trip is hilarious, though

Haru casually making you drink elephant shit coffee because she doesn't give a fuck

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Hey ya'll

I am still playing through the game and didn't finish it the first time so there are parts I haven't seen, like basically anything with Haru

Please use spoiler tags

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I like Ann a lot and like her social link!

But she doesn't feel like the right fit for a romance with my protaganist

Yeah, I get why people would like Makoto more.

I dunno, it just...bothers me how often these discussions get framed as "here is the correct choice" or "this is the most natural fit".

we will never support your blondes fetish

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Mishima is another character who suffers greatly in the main story writing not reflecting S.Link character growth.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Where is Persona 7 already

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Drez wrote: »

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular

Look at Captain Optimist over here.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Look at Captain Optimist over here.

I am thou and thou art me
    Your Fool S-Link’s now Level 3

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I don't think that Persona 6 will be that far away. They have their tech working now and aren't having to deal with the same kind of hardware changes we got from PS2 to 3 to 4. The game will be 3 years old next year, I'm sure the team have been working on 6 for a while now.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Well the Persona team is working on that fantasy thing we've seen like 3 pieces of art for.

Persona is being handed to a new team from what I recall.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    there's actually never going to be another persona game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The New Persona Game is the friends we made inside us all along

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Give Persona to Yoko Taro.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the next persona game will be deadly premonition 2

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Give Persona back to Satomi Tadashi.

FTFY.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Give Persona to Yoko Taro.
    All of the boob emphasis will be changed to butt emphasis

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Christine Love's Persona 6.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The next persona games are like 2 weeks away!

Now who's ready to dance!?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Also the best Yusuke scene is the one in the church because it's absolutely insane.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    swery but make persona

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I know Sakurai has talked about how Persona has been a big influence on the UI design of Smash Bros, I'd like to see what he'd do as lead on a full RPG

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Christine Love's Persona 6.

Persona, but it takes place entirely on a BBS in 1994.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Persona, but also Yakuza.

And their tattoos are their Personas.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I am finally playing Persona 5, it's quite fun so far.

It does commit the jrpg sin that annoys the ever loving shit outta me tho. Let me turn off this godawful battle music. Please. Why? Why?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    I am finally playing Persona 5, it's quite fun so far.

It does commit the jrpg sin that annoys the ever loving shit outta me tho. Let me turn off this godawful battle music. Please. Why? Why?
    First of all, how dare you

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    It's so bad, Blank!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    It is fantastic and perfect and how dare you

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I mean, it's not as bad as the (also unstoppable) xenoblade chronicles x music

But that's a rather low bar.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The battle music is magnificent but those opening strings DO get a little shrill at about hour 50. It would have been nice to have some variation.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the battle music in persona 5 never gets old

it's perfect

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Persona, but also Yakuza.

And their tattoos are their Personas.

3377381-yeeeet.jpg

mxmarks on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I know Sakurai has talked about how Persona has been a big influence on the UI design of Smash Bros, I'd like to see what he'd do as lead on a full RPG

this is really weird because the menus in Smash 4 were impenetrable

• Options
    God these nights in late August when you have story stuff in the day but are free to do stuff during the night feel like the HEIGHT OF LUXURY after months of Morgana making my ass go to bed if I had a slightly important conversation that day

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    imo part of how you choose who to romance is whether you're perceiving the protagonist as a character or as a surrogate

i perpetually found myself more interested in the adult women because, well, i am an adult

Cool, young acrobat with lots of friends who will die for him, even a karate-biker with high social standing? Yup, that's me, alright. Classic PLA.

• Options
    Getting relatively close to where I stalled out in my first run through which is exciting

I decided to do the Iwai social link this time around and yo this fuckin rules

CYpGAPn.png