As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yes, the Persona Thread is the means by which all is revealed - P4G now on PC!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Persona Dancing Endless Night Edition has been dropped off (I got it because when amazon first listed it, it was $60. So hey, I'll take it!)

It is by far the worst Atlus special edition, which sucks. The "art book" IS the case - the games fit in the back. And the "art" is literally screen shots from the game. It's kind of surprisingly bad for how top notch their collectors edition stuff tends to be.

Started P5D and it's what you'd expect, which is good for me.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    fyi since getting the p5 soundtrack as a gift for solid saints, I have made last surprise (the battle theme) my alarm clock

but i have it start at "you'll never see it coooooooooomin'"

this is the best thing i have done in years

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I always loved finishing a fight with an all-out attack right at that part

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I always loved finishing a fight with an all-out attack right at that part

doing this and hitting either an all-out attack or a big spell on the "OOO YEAH, RATA-TATA-DATA-TATA" part of Mass Destruction are my anti-drug

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I knocked out the final Strength Social Link after only maybe 7 restarted Persona Strengthening attempts

And then spent like an hour trying to do the Flu Season Reaper trick to no avail

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    so I know that mona sucks BUT his followup attack never failed to get a big laugh out of me

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    so I know that mona sucks BUT his followup attack never failed to get a big laugh out of me

The cigar

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    it's real good

(blank only read this and agree after you have all the party members:)
    but haru's is the best

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited December 2018
    what I want is an infinite loop of mona's followup attack set to Assclamp!

e: which is here if you don't know from veebs

Shorty on
  • Options
    it's real good

(blank only read this and agree after you have all the party members:)
    but haru's is the best
    Yup you are 100% right

(I'm in November right now)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hey uh Joker's the first DLC character for Smash

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Persona 5 on switch now please and thanks

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Persona 5 on switch now please and thanks

Oh it's pretty much guaranteed at this point.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Of course they'd put it on the Vita 2.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Who needs P5 Arena?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Who needs P5 Arena?

Still me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Of course they'd put it on the Vita 2.

I love this line of thought. P3P, P4G, and now a P5 port...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

This was probably the most anti-climatic way I could have learned about this imaginable.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I need Persona 3 to be given the Golden treatment. Everything from FES and P3P, in 16:9, with quality of life improvements from Golden and 5.

Also if they put Chie in Smash, I might buy Smash?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    if they did a P3 Golden equivalent maybe they could even make The Answer good instead of bad
    I think FES was probably the actual Golden equivalent already though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

This was probably the most anti-climatic way I could have learned about this imaginable.

Shoulda watched The Keighleys.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Shoulda watched The Keighleys.

Was at work, that was literally how I found out about it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Put Makoto in Smash as a echo fighter of Captain Falcon you cowards.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    If you're wondering how to use your profile's custom controls in WoL:

go to the fighter select screen, it has the profile option there.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hah, nice. Now I've heard the "Atlus doesn't remake everything, e.g. they never remade P4G" line of thinking.

• Options
    lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    If we end up with a remaster/expanded version of Persona 5 on Switch/elsewhere, I want a Lala Escargot confidant. Though she does seem to have her shit together more compared to most confidants, but eh. They could figure something out. You could help her save the bar, turn it into a Cheers story like thing, where you get more invested in her patrons, etc.

• Options
    I would assume they might add an additional palace and make Hifumi a proper party member since reportedly she was intended to be one but got cut down to confidant due to their development

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Persona 6 can just be Cheers.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I would assume they might add an additional palace and make Hifumi a proper party member since reportedly she was intended to be one but got cut down to confidant due to their development

While I think having Hifumi as another party member could be cool, I don't think this game really needed more palaces. Though that does bring up the question of how to integrate her, which could mean cutting a palace, integrating her into someone else's, maybe integrating her into mementos, or have her be someone who has already met her persona when you meet her, which could be cool.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    If they did a new version, the number 1 thing I want added is more interaction between the party members. Either do like Golden and add a bunch more little events, or just rip off the Tales series and add skits. It's the one thing that was missing that brought down the game for me, 4 was much better in this regard.

The other thing is cut out like half of mementos. Maybe more. That thing was a slog and nobody would miss it. You could even add another palace in there instead.

Oh and while we're cutting stuff, there's that one palace there, you know the one. Near the end. Just chop out a chunk of that one too.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the only thing they do with a new version is gender swap every character

nothing else is changed including dialogue

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    give me more haru

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The palaces would have benefited from focusing on multiple characters

It's why Kamoshida is so strong as an antagonist

• Options
    I think some of the Palaces are best as single focus pieces but yeah there was room to share the load for sure
    Madarame and Nijima are good single focuses but Mob Guy and Mr. Okumura were kinda weak and could have benefited from establishing some more character level stakes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Another idea for a P5 update:

Remove Mouse Hell and Tube Maze. Replace them with literally anything.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I am currently in Mouse Hell and completely agreed

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Cliff's brain must be an awful dungeon.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    I recently turned on my space heater (PS3) and I forgot how good this game is. Trying to go back and get farther in it, just finished the third palace. I need to finish the other Persona's someday too. (Got P3P and P4/G)

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hmm...something I had been saying was...

"I wonder if P5 is gonna get an enhanced version like P3 and P4 did. Both were handheld though and I don't think any handheld is powerful enough."

So this Smash news makes P5 Golden pretty likely as I doubt the Persona team would just do a straight port.

Dragkonias on