As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RIP Anthony Bourdain.

124»

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I found No Reservations at a pretty precarious place in my life--I was trying to leave/left a really not great relationship and was working towards a better life for myself, but here was this dude named Tony who'd come up not an hour south of where I was living, showing me that there was so much more than my tiny Midwestern/New England life.

And then he and his crew got trapped in Beirut in 2006. And this schmuck from Jersey got his folks out.

And then? He went BACK in 2010. Did the city justice after the conflict was over.

I can't even explain how transformative that was, living and existing in a pretty xenophobic world without knowing what my privilege was or how it influenced me.

I got through some stuff with this guy shooting the shit on Netflix in the background.

This hurts, yo.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    If you're on us Netflix.

Sigh. Although I'm struggling to get through the layover

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    So, the toxicology report has come back on his body.

Link.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm super not comfortable with that level of detail being published.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Especially since his family asked that people respect their privacy

CYpGAPn.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I never read any of that stuff. It's gross.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    @Sorce please edit that

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    @sorce would you mind putting that under a spoiler, at least?

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't really know what that adds to the conversation, other than sating one's morbid curiousity

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Done. Sorry!

sig.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    For a much sweeter news item that made me tear up a little

Anthony's mother said in an interview that she is getting a small tattoo of him, even though she never liked his tattoos, because he would like it.

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    For a much sweeter news item that made me tear up a little

Anthony's mother said in an interview that she is getting a small tattoo of him, even though she never liked his tattoos, because he would like it.
    Yeah, that was in the article I posted too; she's even getting Anthony's tattoo artist to do it for her.

Very sweet.

sig.gif