As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forza 2 demo 5/10 @ 2AM

Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I just read this on EvAv, and I normally don't do something like this, but I love Forza and GT and their ilk, and I've been highly anticipating Forza 2 for months now. Apparently the demo will be available TONIGHT at 2am (That is to say, 5/10). Just thought I'd give a heads up.

banner.gif
Shooter Mcgavin on

• Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    EST?

Ranced on
  • Options
    Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ranced wrote: »
    EST?

Yes, EST. My apologies.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Options
    bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    When I wake up tomorrow morning... ;x

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • Options
    SmilingoatSmilingoat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    yeah, im actually staying up to get this demo, its PST by the way. which is 3am for me. i dont care though i wont be playing it tonight but tomorrow i wont be putting it down.

finals are over, fuck yeah!

Smilingoat on
    whos havin butt-seks
  • Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm in between jobs at the moment. Fuck it, I'm staying up. (PST)

EDIT: I fail at spelling. I think Firefox is too.

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ...!!!! DOWNLOADING NOW

Man, what? I don't even see it listed. 2AM EST means 11PM PST, but instead I see nothing up. I smell shenanigans and a fucking 2AM PST release.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    ...!!!! DOWNLOADING NOW

?? What time zone are you? Its not showing up for me. :|

EDIT: You bastard. :P

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    2 AM PDT.

That's 5 EST, 10AM in the UK.

There's still ~10 minutes to go.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's 2 AM! Where is my game!?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It's confirmed up in Australia and New Zealand. Other countries should be coming "online" now.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    CriptCript Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Drunken Forza demo action ftw!

Cript on
    Dirty+RNA.png
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Somebody let me know if the cars still control like speedboats and ram into you on the last turn of the last lap in the race, causing you to spin out into the wall at 90mph and incur thousands of dollars in repair fees, the insult of which is only magnified by limping past the finish line in last place.

Cause I sure as hell don't want to miss that kind of frustration in glorious HD.

Einhander on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The only thing that realy bothered me about the first game was the AI's uncanny ability at breaking very late in the corners. That and the super shitty FPS but I know that has been fixed.

Cript on
    Dirty+RNA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Einhander wrote: »
    Somebody let me know if the cars still control like speedboats and ram into you on the last turn of the last lap in the race, causing you to spin out into the wall at 90mph and incur thousands of dollars in repair fees, the insult of which is only magnified by limping past the finish line in last place.

Cause I sure as hell don't want to miss that kind of frustration in glorious HD.

Ah, no Xbox360 thread is truly complete without a PS3 troll. 'tis a sad reality of life.
    Alt response:

Hey, they may be agressive, but at least it's cars you race in Forza, and not trains stuck to their tracks. (suuuuuup, GT?)

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Its not here yet, my DSL is freaking out, omg my head asplode. Come on MS, make my day...err night.

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i was going to post this in the forza 2 thread.

im dead fucking tired, but im staying up for this.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    No, it's there, I'm downloading it now. It just hasn't propagated to the "demos" section of LIVE yet.

Instead go to games > genres > racing > forza motorsport 2 and it should be there.

(alternatively, go to games > all games and look for forza motorsport 2 throughout the whole list.. but the other way is quicker)

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Son of a bitch. I just went through that section too, and it had a bunch of Showtime videos and one theme pack.

Wait wait. JUST now the list got lengthened to 33. WOO! There it is.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited May 2007
    i just want to see if the graphics are good

that's pretty much the only reason i played GT4 <<

bongi on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Now I sit back and play the waiting game.

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    This is where Live Anywhere would reeeeeally come in handy, dammit.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    YES!

HAHA! I am pleased to be downloading the demo. And I thought it was misinformation. If not for the few posts I saw at the FM2 forums I would have just gone to bed :D

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    Einhander wrote: »

Ah, no Xbox360 thread is truly complete without a PS3 troll. 'tis a sad reality of life.
    Alt response:

Hey, they may be agressive, but at least it's cars you race in Forza, and not trains stuck to their tracks. (suuuuuup, GT?)

Yeah, I paid cash money for Forza and my Xbox, and am planning on buying an Elite, and will probably pay cash money for Forza 2, but I must be a PS3 troll because I'm not blowing loads over a demo for the sequel to a game with serious issues. Forgive me for being cynical and I'll forgive you for being retarded.

Also, it's easy to get auto manufacturers to allow damage modeling on cars when you have less than 300 of them. Here's hoping Forza 2 has a halfway decent selection of cars, and not just popular stuff. When GT is clocking in at ~600-700 cars, you have to step it up a little. Even including tallying, it's still a montrous advantage over Forza. And I really do hope the damage modeling in this game is instant, not like in Forza where there is a noticable delay between impact and your car changing to it's "damaged" model.

I'd really like to see some actual deformable car bodies, as opposed to the stock undamaged, slightly damaged, or massively damaged models that Forza has.

Einhander on
  • Options
    swiftswift Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just got done downloading! Happiest day of my life...

swift on
    nexx360.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I am 69% happy riiiiiiiiight now.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    swiftswift Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just done a race, pretty decent not great so far. Have to say im not that impressed by the graphics.

swift on
    nexx360.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Two times the game became unresponsive at the class select screen. I just rebooted the system, and if that doesn't fix it I'll give it another shot.

Cool, it did. Anybody else have the same thing happen to them?

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    first impressions - it's great. and for a demo, soooo many cars! wish tehre was 2 tracks though

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh man. This demo is beautiful. The handling's great, dunno why some of you had issues. Did you try turning all assists off? It tends to make things better. :D

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Wow, the TVR Sagaris (A class) is pretty ugly.

I usually like TVR shapes, but it looks like they took a chain saw to the fenders.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    /Just go back from playing his first few races... and, well...

So I may or may not have just jumped out of my seat the first time I got into a car crash.

The sounds are that fucking good.

Also, this game fucking plays like butter. like butter. Oh my god, it's so smooth.

edit: Also, the graphics are pretty damn fantastic. Anyone else pay attention to the detail they put into the road? Cracks and everything.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Eh, was not impressed with the graphics at all. The car models are nothing to write home about and the tracks have nothing you wont find in PGR3. The customization is where the game will be sold for me but the visuals are nothing close to what i was hoping for.

Cript on
    Dirty+RNA.png
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The cloudy track isn't very impressive.

Though the gameplay and cars are pretty damn good.

Ranced on
  • Options
    smallmouthsmallmouth Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ranced wrote: »
    The cloudy track isn't very impressive.

Though the gameplay and cars are pretty damn good.

Siverstone is the demo track? I can't wait to play this at my friend's place tomorrow.

smallmouth on
    PSN: smh17; Wii code: 0022 6537 1791 3136, Zune: smh17
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    man...incredible doesnt even begin to describe it.

edit: mugello is the track.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    squirlysquirly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've never really cared for Forza or racing games in general and in Australia we cherish our limited bandwidth (Bless our souls) so should I download it ?

squirly on
    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I thought the track was the most impressive part of the graphics (or the setting anyways..not the road itself). Some people have different levels of appreciation for that kind of scenery though. I am not as impressed by the cities as I am of hills and trees in a racing game.

It does get jaggy, but man does it play nicely. The wheel works amazingly.

rts on
  • Options
    LeztaLezta Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, graphically it's nothing special in the slightest, I'd rank it a little below PGR3 - certainly in the car models themselves... Plays beautifully however which is the key, obviously.

Lezta on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    man, i think the car models look even better than pgr3. way less jaggies.

and considering we havent gotten to play with ANY of the customization features yet...im extremely impressed by it visually.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    man...incredible doesnt even begin to describe it.

edit: mugello is the track.

Told ya. ;)

Also, if you're complaining about the graphics, wait for GT:HD or especially PGR4 (looks like butta in motion). If you want the best racing sim ever, get Forza 2. Most people here seem to have figured that out firsthand now. :D

Polago on