As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ist Simulator

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    the switch has this advantage where they can just take the best gems of the wiiU era, give 'em a nice polishing and BAM it's AAA time

it's not like anybody bought 'em on the WiiU

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Smash Bros. Ultimate, has all the old characters ever included it sounds like?

But is it a new game? surely?

Super Smash Bros. 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting Remix HD

emnmnme on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I might have eaten a little too much avocado for lunch

he said, very millennially

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    so really this is just all smash bros

cool for smash bros fans

never had enough rl friends to get into it.

I mean there are some other good games listed, but none for me really.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Waiting for the "And it launches with the online service you have to pay for" at the end here

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    They made Rodin an assist trophy

you own trophies

nintendo is not woke

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    the switch has this advantage where they can just take the best gems of the wiiU era, give 'em a nice polishing and BAM it's AAA time

it's not like anybody bought 'em on the WiiU

I did but then I traded it and them in for the switch so it makes me very happy

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable have you named yer deg yet

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    A lot of it depends on why they aren't moving out. Because it's easier to live there? Because they don't want to put forth the effort that living alone entails? Or because it's actively very difficult to move out and be anywhere near comfortable? There's not affordable housing/jobs available nearby?

If the option is live with my parents and pay a small rent, or work two jobs, barely have any free time, and scrape by with very little so that I can live on my own, that's a pretty difficult decision, especially if I don't have a college education.

Which is fine.

But I agree that they should at least trying to find a part time job or going to school. Spool seems to be implying they're doing neither of those things and just doing that weird thing that some of my friends did were they just kind of exist for a few years and wake up at 11pm at night and go to bed at 2pm and their schedule rotates every few days because they're struggling to adult and their anxiety prevents them from really trying to figure out what to do next (if they can even do anything next).

nah they're getting there. spool18 has a PT jerb and is paying nominal rent (25% of his checks), Squeakel is being part-time slave labor in the house until he has one as well. I expect them both to take a shot at moving out by the end of the year, but it's going to suck for them because they ain't used to living like poor people. spool18 especially because he's never done it before - Squeakel had a taste, he knows what he's missing.

I maintain: it's hard but not impossible, and I don't think it's a great idea to just let them coast because it's going to be challenging to launch. Hell, I fully expect shit to go sideways for one of them, at least once, but they've got to try for my sanity and their own!

See now this is all quite reasonable! :P

But

Are you texting Squeakel every hour about whether or not he's applied for 10 jobs yet today

Actually he needs to be up because he's supposed to be a domestic servant from 10AM - 2PM every day with no breaks until he gets a real jerb and can contribute with $$$ instead of effort. Thank you for reminding me to call, he better be awake!

Are neither planning on going to college?

Sorry, I just woke up, didn't read the rest of [chat]

I'll let Squeak speak for himself wrt college challenges, but he's taking some time off for entirely legitimate reasons.

spool18 has aspirations for community college, but is not in a mental health or financial place where he can do so right now

Meh, it all seems reasonable to me.

Just as long as they know... know deep inside... that they're not losers or weak for not being out of the house yet.

I'm still chasing legitimate manhood, because I didn't have a great job by 19, and wasn't in school by then either.

I dunno if it's a problem you had, but the Edicts of Toxic Masculinity demand that all males be on their own, have a vehicle, and be proud of their job by 19. Living with your parents (in my case, it was my newly-single, very authoritarian mom) after high school can be really embarrassing, and society at large devalues a male who isn't somehow the master of their own destiny the moment they have diploma in hand.

• Options
    hg4ldg538g9q.png

wii fit trainer has had enough of your shit

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Is there an online mode for smash? I haven't played since SSB:B, which technically had an online mode, but Wii LOL.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    Is there an online mode for smash? I haven't played since SSB:B, which technically had an online mode, but Wii LOL.

Yeah I know the 3DS could go online, I assume Wii U version could do. This version will almost definitely be their flagship online service title.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i made 2 cups of fluffy rice that i seasoned.

it's..... it's almost all gone now.

i don't understand how that happened.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    They made Rodin an assist trophy

you own trophies

nintendo is not woke

I was going to say he's the only black guy in a game of hundreds of characters but he's not even a guy; he's a demon in disguise.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »

I am thinking Ivelisse but I am not sure my dad likes it

I like that it's fancy. I looked up Puerto Rican girl's names because that's where she's from.

mentioned this last night, in case you already saw and were just asking if I actually decided... technically no.

• Options

Yeah I know the 3DS could go online, I assume Wii U version could do. This version will almost definitely be their flagship online service title.

Are there successful online fighters? I feel like that's one genre where even a tiny amount of lag is just crushing.

• Options
    so the only black guy in the game is a damn trophy and actually he's a demon from hell

Nintendo plz

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    so the only black guy in the game is a damn trophy and actually he's a demon from hell

Nintendo plz

Rodin?

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

I like that it's fancy. I looked up Puerto Rican girl's names because that's where she's from.

mentioned this last night, in case you already saw and were just asking if I actually decided... technically no.

Oh, no, I hadn't seen that yet

It's p cute to pick a Puerto Rican name for your Puerto Rican dog

• Options
    And can I still use my GCN controller. That's the other important point.

• Options

Nintendo plz

Rodin?

yes

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    DIRECTIONAL WAVE-DASHING??

DOES THAT MEAN WAVEDASHING???

WHAT?!?!?!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options

Are there successful online fighters? I feel like that's one genre where even a tiny amount of lag is just crushing.

Oh yeah, there's a lot of online fighter stuff. Modern netcode has gotten pretty good at that stuff, there's specific fighting game network things like GGPO for that.

• Options
    does... does ganondorf count?

• Options

he's "Arabic"

AND ALSO EVIL

• Options
    I'm not saying I would buy a console for the first time in ten years, but... I might.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    This is definitely a rollover from Sakurai, but I kinda love it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

That is a fantastic name, and then you will probably call her Ivy Or Eevee and both of those are really cute.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Nintendo plz

Japan

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »

That is a fantastic name, and then you will probably call her Ivy Or Eevee and both of those are really cute.

the eevee nickname really put me over the top on it

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

he's "Arabic"

AND ALSO EVIL

This is the future liberals want

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Nintendo. Seriously your killing me, you have this huge SNES library, put them on the switch subscription plan, call it subscription plus. You could literally charge 14.95 a month to play the library of SNES games, and people would fork over a billion dollars a month for that. The added development costs would be quite small, maybe 3-5 million in code updates and another million a month in bug fixes.

You could double your net income. *Rage*

• Options
    Oh shiiiit Ridley finally a character in Smash

• Options
    I refuse to buy Smash Bros. until there is some Latino representation!
    Sakurai:"ラティーノって何?"

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I kinda want a switch but I also kinda want a gaming PC to play Phoenix Point and like, Total Warhammer

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    December 7th release.

Yeah that looks like a damn good smash game, I am hyped.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Chat

Um

Hey chat umm

Umm did you know that umm
    Did you know that I have a switch? Umm and I also had a PS4 PlayStation and umm umm I also have a pc

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    RIDLEEEEEEEEEEEY

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Chat

Um

Hey chat umm

Umm did you know that umm
    Did you know that I have a switch? Umm and I also had a PS4 PlayStation and umm umm I also have a pc

You must be rich to own so many luxuries!

This discussion has been closed.