Options

Now the real [E3 thread] begins...

1505152535456»

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    331 days til we get some Playstation 5 leaks

God I still refuse to believe we're on the verge of new consoles

It just doesn't feel right

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    331 days til we get some Playstation 5 leaks

God I still refuse to believe we're on the verge of new consoles

It just doesn't feel right

This gen has flown by.

Can't believe we're almost at 5 years already

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Iterative consoles have thrown everything off.

We're less than 2 years from the release of the PS4 Pro and we're still in the Xbox One X's first year.

Also last gen they waited until only a few weeks before the E3 of release year before they revealed the new consoles; where-as we already have Xbox hinting at the next consoles that probably won't be until in 2020

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    we are now closer to the end of homestuck than we have ever been

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    we are now closer to the end of homestuck than we have ever been

In the sense that one infinity can be smaller than another infinity this is, I suppose, accurate.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    didn't homestuck end?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    shh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Did it end or did it stop? I gave up at some point so I don't know what happened.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular

We're less than 2 years from the release of the PS4 Pro and we're still in the Xbox One X's first year.

Also last gen they waited until only a few weeks before the E3 of release year before they revealed the new consoles; where-as we already have Xbox hinting at the next consoles that probably won't be until in 2020

I'd be down with getting a new console every 3 years, as long as we get one generation of forwards compatibility (eg the PS5 can play all PS6 games at lower settings, but not PS7 games, the PS6 can play PS7 games but not PS8 games etc), and full backwards compatibility at least until the PS4/X1 gen going forward (in fact I think Sony should go right back to PS1 and digital PSP games, excluding the PS3).

That way you can still get a new system every 6 years if you like, but people who want more power can upgrade more often.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Homestuck ended in season 5 and we’ve all been living in purgatory since then.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »

I'd be down with getting a new console every 3 years, as long as we get one generation of forwards compatibility (eg the PS5 can play all PS6 games at lower settings, but not PS7 games, the PS6 can play PS7 games but not PS8 games etc), and full backwards compatibility at least until the PS4/X1 gen going forward (in fact I think Sony should go right back to PS1 and digital PSP games, excluding the PS3).

That way you can still get a new system every 6 years if you like, but people who want more power can upgrade more often.

I would prefer 4 years, so each console lasts at least 8 years in that scenerio. Though something Phil Spencer said makes me understand if they don't go with that. He said they'd put out a new console when the technology made sense. Xbox One X was due to them realizing they could put out a box that could actually do 4K (and also VR, but they quickly stopped talking about that aspect). The next xbox will likely be taking advantage of the new 7nm processors, so that one makes sense.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    mr. sony should just give me a new playstsation every few years because he owes me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    mr. sony should just give me a new playstsation every few years because he owes me

More like, he owns you heh heh

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Homestuck ended

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Homestuck ended

It did not conclude, however

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I feel the pulse of homestuck with every heartbeat

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Homestuck ended

Then it did a weird epilogue thing on snapchat that ended in a cliffhanger

Then they got bought by viz and had half the videogame team fired

And now its ???????????????????????????/

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    We are now closer to the release of Hiveswap Act 2 than we have ever been.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Perhaps the Anthem universe is stuffed full of life, most planets have verdant biospheres and so you can blow up and stomp apart all the alien cactuses and giraffes you see because it doesn't matter because there are effectively infinite cactuses and giraffes, the stomped apart ones indistinguishable from the unstomped

Actually, as far as we know there is just the one planet. It it os "unfinished", whatever that means.

I am actually looking forwqrd to this game, because Iron Manning about hopefully will be dope.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Homestuck ended, but the ending was a little weird and required some inferences to figure out how some pretty crucial plot details actually shook out

And then they did a weird epilogue thing on instagram that seemed like maybe it was building toward spelling out some of those details a bit more clearly, before taking a hard left turn into all new plot developments that are still unresolved

Meanwhile they put out the first episode of the video game, which started up an entirely new story in the setting, with some hooks to tie in to the comic's narrative. It was really good! And then Andrew Hussie sold the IP to Viz Media, and one of the very first consequences of that was that the entire video game team got laid off. Maybe a few people were kept on? I'm not 100% positive, but there's been no announcements about the next episode.

Hussie's been teasing more substantial epilogue content since the final pages of the comic first released. He hasn't talked about it much but it definitely sounds like there's still some kind of capper that he wants to do with the comic, which the Viz purchase has probably influenced in some way but who knows how

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    It's stuck

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    It begins to dawn on you that everything you just did may have been a collosal waste of time

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    It begins to dawn on you that everything you just did may have been a collosal waste of time

My tombstone

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    whenever i hear a song that was in elite beat agents i both want to play eba again and wonder why there weren't a hundred eba games.

this universe is bad.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    we can agree the snapchats were bad right

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    we can agree the snapchats were bad right

i thought the halloween stuff was cute

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So if you didn't see the snapchats at the time are they just gone now

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Homestuck ended with the massive break that took place as a result of managing the game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So if you didn't see the snapchats at the time are they just gone now

People saved them elsewhere because it was a pain in the ass otherwise

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Homestuck has been releasing mini visual novels about trolls on steam every two weeks for the past couple of months. One came out today!