As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Lost [Phalla] - GAME OVER - LEGION VICTORY! - OCCUPANT VICTORY!

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    If Saber's mafia, it would explain chamberlain not landing any mafia kills if saber was steering him away from certain people.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Yo I realize that I'm camping in the woods, but is it just me or is there no mafia kill?

Disintegrate, shot, vote. Then the disappearance in Room 10. Room 10 folk come back, and still die green (Brody). JfP was disintegrating and died green. If Chamberlain is the shooter, they died green.

Wtf?

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    That was some epic overreaction to someone noting that you’d been a bit quiet Gizzy.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    My own analysis showed the gun as being most likely in chamberlain or Gizzys hands as of last night, and chamberlain would explain why no gun target went out (order below RU). If it was Gizzy then she willingly did not fire or aimed at J4P, which is an odd choice.

But yes, to Jdark, based on the trails both murder Objects started in village hands, which suggests the Order has some other powers to rival that. (Though Moridin could have had their murder Object and just didn't get a hit night 1).

That was some epic overreaction to someone noting that you’d been a bit quiet Gizzy.

This flippant vote makes me feel more secure in my vote. Villager saber would have realized he's working with village Gizzy.

Gizzy wrote: »

This flippant vote makes me feel more secure in my vote. Villager saber would have realized he's working with village Gizzy.

Considering I’ve played one game with you in the last 4 years (geez, it really has been a while) asking me to remember anything about village gizzy vs mafia gizzy is a pretty tall order.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    RE: Gizzy's analysis, I should say that a few of the names that I respect in this game were gunning for J4P, so I decided to try to break what I thought was a tie by going for them instead of my preferred vote.

Well like I said .. foot in mouth if premium is mafia.

But at the end of all this if premium is village, and saber is mafia .. I'll be making finger guns.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Later it turns out, Moridin and Mateave were the only mafia. However, the Legions true threat turned out to be itself.

Bluecyan on
    Popping premium will tell us a bit more about the wagon last night, and whether or not its outcomes were shenanigans. I'd be pretty shocked if RU was his mafia buddy and saved him at the last minute, but stranger things have happened.

If that does shake out, we have some leads. There's also the vagrant_winds theory, which I'd like to see in the vote running.

edited June 2018
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Well like I said .. foot in mouth if premium is mafia.

But at the end of all this if premium is village, and saber is mafia .. I'll be making finger guns.

I’m fine with this.

On the condition that if Gizzy is mafia and Saber is village, Gizzy changes her avatar to a cat wearing a shame cone for the entire of the next phalla we play together. :D

SaberOverEasy on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    !vagrant_winds again today.

edited June 2018
    Does the vote close in 10 minutes or + 24 hrs / long weekend?

jdarksun on
    All PMs should be out, let me know if you think you were missed.

Day 5 will be an extended day, and will end on Sunday at 9pm EST

While we wait for the second half of the weekend, I think it’s almost important to take a little bit as to what we know about the mafia.

We know they don’t have a kill. That makes it likely that they’ve got an alternate condition. The most sensible one from the wiki is that they need to re-create the Conroy Experiment. In order to do so, they need 7 objects:

Ashtray
    Nail clippers
    Pack of cigarettes
    Toothbrush
    Watch box
    Clock
    Key

They then take those objects to the room.

That makes it important for us to know if someone has been stealing them.

We also know the mafia is down two members. That means that to load up on 7 items, they need to each carry multiples. If you happen to know someOne who has multiples, especially of objects on that list above, it would be very useful for us to know. Or at least for someone you trust to know.

The other good thing is that this means that we can steal for the Order if we suspect someone. I’d strongly suggest doing that tonight on one of the various suspects.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    *snip*

Gotcha. Where did he claim to have the gun? I think I may have missed that.
    @SaberOverEasy Im notifying you so you can correct me if Im wrong, but heres how things look from where Im standing:

On day 2 JusticeForPluto called a kill. Shortly after You claimed to have already been in contact with the vig and threw shade on the possibility of J4p being the vig.

Day 1 there was only one kill and that was the gun. The connection here is that the person you were talking to has to have started with the gun, or knew who was being targeted AND told you the target before the day resolved. I write this part out of chronological order because the rest of us weren't privy to this information till after J4P outed themselves.

I think the next day Romantic Undead steals the eye from J4P and J4P outs them. Romantic Undead makes a big show of it and says he is the vig and how dare you out the vig and now there is a big target on my back because I am the vig and you are not sort of deal. Therefore I make the connection that Romantic Undead was the person you were talking too day 1 and he started with and used the gun on day 1 and called his kill to you, privately. If this is wrong please speak up because:

Romantic Undead claiming he is the vig would mean that he started with the gun and used it on day 1.
    If Romantic Undead did not start with the gun on day 1 then his claim to be the vig is complete bullshit lies.

Justiceforpluto has of course died a villager. And we assume they started with the eye and were not able to use it on day 1 due to inactivity. This would point to Justice being the true vig and Romantic being something far more sinister.

And I still hold that the village would only have 1 vig. Which would assume that Romantic Undead is either mafia or an SK. But things are getting really complicated with this game and Im not sure what to make of it right now. I think RU needs to be voted out to be sure.

Why does anyone think I have ever been the gun man? I became a vig when I stole the eye from justce night before last. I was not a vig before.
    Hey every one.

Romantic Undead Stole the glass eye, and thus has the power to kill at will.

Seems funny to me that such an inactive player took it.

Inactive? You wound me sir!

I stole it because I didn't trust your intentions. You had a crummy record so far, and just because you were killing people, doesn't make you a good guy. Also, I figured you'd be bus drivered or something, and I figured I might learn something about any networks that I might be able to connect with, but, no such luck.

Now, you could have contacted me privately, and we could have worked together to prove who we are to each other and work together, but, instead, you outed me, the current vig, to the thread, making me a target for the mafia or whoever else might be doing some killing. Well done, JusticeforPluto.
    @Romantic Undead

You claimed to be the vig when you stole the eye from JusticeforPluto.

Gizzy wrote:
    seems to have some genuine outrage to folks stealing items

Frustration. I started with the Key and chose not to use it till I understood what it did. I didn't make the connection with the object I had to Brody being in the room and if I could have done anything for them. I missed when someone posted the wiki and am still a bit unclear on the source material.

I had the object stolen from me and didn't know who took it till they outed themselves in the thread. Unlike other thieveries where the person learns who took or who tried to take it. Ive been trying to steal twice now because I am effectively a vanillager and steal is the only way I can get an object and use it. Ive been caught both times and failed and the target has learned of my identity which is why I revealed in the thread before you had a chance to out me.

I guess I can sit on my hands in terms of actions if that's what people would prefer of me. I could contunie to try and steal as well but that is going poorly for me. Id be happy just to have the key back because that's the only thing that made me special this game and I lost it. Frustration.

There are no vigs, no seers, no bus drivers, no special roles, only Objects with those powers.

RU was using short hand when they said "vig" which just meant village with a murder Object. Obviously, if they were Order they wouldn't come out and say that.

What I am more curiius about is what Object RU started with, and if that was stolen night one/two. Did @Romantic Undead steal the eye due to stoppimg a suspect murderer, or to get a usable power.

Bedlam wrote: »
    Gizzy wrote:
    seems to have some genuine outrage to folks stealing items

Frustration. I started with the Key and chose not to use it till I understood what it did. I didn't make the connection with the object I had to Brody being in the room and if I could have done anything for them. I missed when someone posted the wiki and am still a bit unclear on the source material.

I had the object stolen from me and didn't know who took it till they outed themselves in the thread. Unlike other thieveries where the person learns who took or who tried to take it. Ive been trying to steal twice now because I am effectively a vanillager and steal is the only way I can get an object and use it. Ive been caught both times and failed and the target has learned of my identity which is why I revealed in the thread before you had a chance to out me.

I guess I can sit on my hands in terms of actions if that's what people would prefer of me. I could contunie to try and steal as well but that is going poorly for me. Id be happy just to have the key back because that's the only thing that made me special this game and I lost it. Frustration.

Bedlam, what makes you special is out of all the people with cool and interesting powers, after six murders by known villagers, you alone have been the major source of two mafia deaths. You are the most likely to be village. Keep trying to steal from people you suspect are order. For what it's worth, I can fully sympathize about not having any cool flashy powers.

Yeah Ive gotten some details wrong. Connected some dots that wernt actually connected. Apologies.

The act of steal the eye from J4P and the fact that they were revealed as a villager makes me firm in my vote.

Where does actions involving the room fit into the player order? Do actions taken in the room happen before/during/after standard order? Do they happen before/after key activation sends people to the room? Same questions for people leaving the room. Is there an overlap of people coming and people leaving The Room?

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    What’s this room you speak of? 1-9? Because I’m not sure why people keep asking about a Room 10, there’s never been a room 10.

AustinP0027 on
    I'm going to assume it was my wording which was the issue.

What is the order of operations for people being reintroduce into existence and being removed from existence?

@Bedlam

According to saber - chamberlain had the gun, not RU
    So just to be clear, this is all because RU said he was the vig when he had the eye, and everyone assumed that also meant he started with the gun.

I think this is really just a case of a bunch of villagers running around in circles.

So let’s talk about the gun. Chamberlain started out with it, and he should have had it last night as well when he got killed. Now, there’s an off chance that someone stole it from him before he could die. If that’s he case, I’m sure that we would like to met you.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    I'm going to assume it was my wording which was the issue.

What is the order of operations for people being reintroduce into existence and being removed from existence?

1. Forum members who are not on the player list are not valid targets for actions and may not receive votes, nor may they take actions or vote for players on the player list.
    2. Clarification denied.

@Bedlam

That’s a fairly accurate summary on the public side of things. I’ll try as best I can to give a summary of the non-public side of things and my reasoning.

The first and most important point is that the person who claimed to have he gun was not Romantic Undead. It was Chamberlain.

On day 2, while we were discussing the various kills and what they meant, he messaged me and said the gun was a village kill and he had it. We discussed a but, and based on some of the wording in the ability on the gun, realized the room was around. That led to us doing a bit more digging and realizing that Brody was missing, which he brought to the thread.

We discussed targets. I suggested V_W, but he thought some of JPants’ posts were suspicious and decided to go with him instead. I assumed the mafia kill was throwing people in the room and went from there.

Day 2 also had the Morridin vote. Chamberlain was the second on the wagon, and once Morridin came up red, I knew he wasn’t mafia giving me the run-around. The idea that he might be the SK never fully left my mind, but he seemed interested in talking about who to target and at the very least was unlikely to kill me while taking to me.

Day 3 when JFP called his kill and then demanded all sorts of information a ton of alarm bells went off in my head. Having a day 2 call in a game without kill attribution, that lands on a villager definitely does not confirm you, and certainly shouldn’t lead to a call for everyone to give information. I was the only one who knew someone was claiming the gun kill for the village, so the whole thing smelled of an SK (or maybe mafia) gambit to take over the direction of the village in a game with limited confirmation. I also really didn’t think there would be two village vigs. Of the two, I chamberlain had a much better record and was acting much more like what I would’ve expected out of a village vig in this game (I.e. keeping things secret so that his item didn’t get stolen).

Since I was the only person who ke w there was a villager claiming gun kill, I wanted to snip things quickly before JFP could get any information if it was a gambit.

Day 3, Brody approached chamberlain and asked him to take something. Between that and Brody’s reluctance to talk about the room, chamberlain really wanted to kill him, although I suggested premium as an alternative.

Which bring us to today. Both chamberlain and JFP are village, which I don’t think any of us thought would be possible. But it really does look like we have two village vigs.

I think that covers everything on my side with the vigs. Let me know if I can clarify anything else.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be out for the rest of the evening, and I need to put in a vote.

I was confused about some things at first from mis-reading a PM but now I think I have a clearer picture. I'm gonna vote Bedlam for the following reasons:

1. It appears he's not connected to the network, because he's been doing things behind the scenes that the network I've been in touch with doesn't appear to be aware of
    2. He appears to have difficulty understanding the basic mechanics of the villagers and items, and appears to be actively trying to confuse the rest of the village himself with his misinterpretations, which leads me to believe he's not a villager himself
    3. Finally: mere grudge because he attempted to steal the eye from me and failed. Someone else beat him to it.

Make of that what you will.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    i have opinions on your #1

Pretend you're in a network - would you seer people who seen village with good vote placement on 2 mafia? Or would you spend your energy on suspicious people?

edited June 2018
    And since my kid has finally gone down for a nap, let’s start in on a bit of vote analysis. First up, the people who I REALLY think are villagers

Probably villagers (or not Order)

Bedlam - led the vote on Morridin and the reasoning on Matev
    Kaplar/Virgil - 3rd vote on the Morridin wagon day 2
    Bluecyan - initially broke the tie on day 1 in favor of Morridin
    Wildcat - was the third Morridin voted on day 1
    Saber - because he’s taken to time write up vote analysis and did let the mafia just steal the gun from the vig.

Mafia candidates

Vagrant_Winds - has been feuding with discrider all game, avoid Morridin votes day 1 and 2, late for for JFP on day 4.

Gizzy - Very quiet. No votes for Morridin and a later one for Matev. I’d really like to hear some of gizzy’s thoughts here.

For everyone else, it’s a mixed bag of knowing their abilities, discussing things with them and being off in the room and invalid targets. I think premium and disc would be good candidates as well, if they were still with us today.

Corrections -

Kaplar/Virgil was the 1st vote on Moridin on Day 2
    Wildcat was the first vote on Moridin on day 1. Discrider was the 3rd vote.
    Green broke the tie in favor of Mama; Blue caused a tie, Matev and Blue at the same time broke the tie putting mamawolf out

(This is part of the reason I do not like Blue Cyan's vote counts .. it doesn't show the order, it doesn't show vote flips - which leads people to incorrect conclusions.)

Gizzy on
    edited June 2018
    I'm back home from the "great" outdoors (why is it so dirty, hot, and wet?) and will gin up a vote record.

Edit: if you want to see the sausage being made

jdarksun on
    edited June 2018
    Here's a vote history that shows the correct order. If you follow the number in ( ) you'll be able to follow the flow of the whole day:

Narration pg 5
    Day 1 Votes:
    5 Mamawolf - Bedlam (6), Romantic Undead (9), Green (22), Matev (25), Bluecyan (26)
    3 Moridin - Wildcat (15), Kaplar (19), Discrider (21), Bluecyan (24)
    3 Gizzy - Auralynx (10), 38thdoe (17), Brody (23)
    2 SirFab - Discrider (1), Sir Fabulous (12), jdarksun (18)
    2 Vagrant Winds - SaberoverEasy (3), chamberlain (13)
    2 jdarksun - Mamawolf (5), Vagrant Winds (7)
    2 Bluecyan - Jpants (11), premium (16)
    1 Kaplar/Virgil - Discrider (4), Moridin (20)
    1 Auralynx - Gizzy (8)
    0 Discrider - Kaplar (2)
    0 chamberlain - Bluecyan (14)

(Did not vote: JusticeforPluto, Cythraul)
    Narration pg 8
    Day 2 Votes:
    7 Moridin - Kaplar/Virgil (5), Bluecyan (6), Bedlam (9), chamberlain (11), sirfabulous (17), 38thDoe (18), Auralynx (20)
    2 Kaplar/Virgil - 38thDoe (1), Moridin (7)
    2 Matev - Vagrant Winds (10), Discrider (15)
    2 JusticeforPluto - Gizzy (12), Cythraul (19)
    2 Gizzy - JusticeforPluto (13), premium (14)
    1 SirFabulous - Discrider (2)
    1 Discrider - SirFabulous (3)
    1 Cythraul - Romantic Undead (4)
    1 premium - SaberOverEasy (8)
    1 Wildcat - jdarksun (16)
    Narration pg 11
    Day 3 Votes:
    10 Matev - Bedlam (1), SaberOverEasy (2), Vagrant Winds (4), Auralynx (5), 38thdoe (6), Gizzy (9), Brody (12), Wildcat (14), SirFab (15), JFP (16)
    3 38thdoe - Bluecyan (7), Romantic Undead (8), chamberlain (10)
    2 Brody - jdarksun (11), premium (13)
    1 Vagrant Winds - Discrider (3)
    Narration Pg 15
    Day 4 Votes:
    7 JusticeforPluto - Romantic Undead (2), Vagrant Winds (3), chamberlain (7), Auralynx (10), Bluecyan (11), Bedlam (13), premium (15), wildcat (19), bluecyan (20)
    6 premium - SaberOverEasy (5), Auralynx (6), JusticeforPluto (8), Gizzy (9), SirFabulous (12), jdarksun (16), Auralynx (17)
    1 Vagrant Winds - Bedlam (1), Discrider (4), Wildcat (14)
    1 chamberlain - Virgil (9)
    0 Bluecyan - Bluecyan (18)
    Day 5 Votes:

4 Vagrant Winds - Jdarksun (4), Wildcat (5), Bluecyan (7), Auralynx (9), Gizzy (11)
    2 Gizzy - SaberOverEasy (3), Bluecyan (8), Vagrant Winds (10)
    2 Romantic Undead - Bedlam (1), Virgil (12)
    1 Bedlam - Romantic Undead (6)
    1 Bluecyan - Bluecyan (13)
    0 SaberOverEasy - Gizzy (2)

Gizzy on
    Hey folk. It's too quiet for this late in the game. Let's get some more votes and discussion going.

@Virgil_Leads_You
    Bedlam
    @vagrant_winds
    jdarksun
    Romantic Undead
    @Sir Fabulous
    @Bluecyan
    SaberOverEasy
    Gizzy
    @Auralynx
    Wildcat

@SaberOverEasy see my post above, your whole vote analysis was incorrect. Need a re-do from you.

Vagrant_Winds, because if I am right I wouldn't mind one fewer murder object out there. This is a pretty weak vote, but we are getting close to end of day. @vagrant_winds let me know if I am wrong, about your theft target last night.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I attempted to steal from Wildcat but failed. They noticed my theft.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Gizzy for the overreaction and no other good targets.

I slept on it, wondered if it was an over reaction, questioned if mafia saber would be inactive. Then reread his vote analysis to see if I agreed with it.

Found it completely wrong. I mean he could still think those people are villagers but the reason needs to be diff. But then realized he said bluecyan is a villager - and he's well .. not.

Still think this is sloppy for village saber - my vote still stands.