As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dogs and Cats living together in the [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Shit, man. I'm so sorry.

Thanks. I don't know what to do with myself. We went out and buried him, which I think helped my daughter. She also made a cute little rock marker.

Grief sucks.
    Sorry to be a thread downer.

No need to apologize. Dealing with mortality is also part of living with pets.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    "The downside of having pets is we are doomed to outlive them" -Mark Twain, probably.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    An embarrassment of foxes:

OmnipotentBagel

My birthday is coming up, in case anyone's still trying to figure out what to get me

Well I had ordered you a fox fur coat, but the shipping just changed to 8-12 weeks.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That's not a cat, it's Wilford Brimley.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    That's not a cat, it's Wilford Brimley.

Diabeet-puss

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    The mewing before the second one starts climbing could probably be translated as "come on in the fur's great!"

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ducks are the best

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    WHO WANTS TO WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT BRAVE PENGUINS NARRATED BY DAVID TENNANT

https://youtu.be/Z7PlUGbsXlQ

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    rTjc5Aa.jpg

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    WHO WANTS TO WATCH A VIDEO ABOUT BRAVE PENGUINS NARRATED BY DAVID TENNANT

https://youtu.be/Z7PlUGbsXlQ

Good birb

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    That's one angry pig.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    even little javelinas like that'll mess you up! i sure as hell wouldn't go around picking one up by the scruff like a kitten!

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    e7fc7a3yees5.jpg

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Polar bear dentistry has taken a step back since @Mr Fuzzbutt resigned as dean of the local school.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    even little javelinas like that'll mess you up! i sure as hell wouldn't go around picking one up by the scruff like a kitten!

wild hogs are fucking dangerous as fuck it's pretty fucky

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

wild hogs are fucking dangerous as fuck it's pretty fucky

Its true Tim Allen is a menace

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

So, is that a small pig like beasty that is full grown there, or is that a baby pig that's calling for momma?
    I had assumed it was just a juvenile boar, but after googling javelinas, I wasn't sure.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Javelinas aren't even pigs. They're peccaries, whatever the fuck those are, and everyone down here loves correcting anyone that calls them pigs.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    If it squeals like a pig, acts like a pig, is aggressive like a pig (Boars are insane) I'm going to call it a pig, even if it's not a pig and merely pig-related (they're fairly closely related as far as animals).

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Javelinas aren't even pigs. They're peccaries, whatever the fuck those are, and everyone down here loves correcting anyone that calls them pigs.

It's just pedantry though.

They're not domestic pigs, sure, but they're still pigs.

Just like tortoises aren't turtles but are still turtles.

E: it really riles up biologists to do this though because it's not a super exacting term to use but it's fine colloquially.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Heh apparently pecarys in addition to javelina are called skunk pigs

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    see317 wrote: »

So, is that a small pig like beasty that is full grown there, or is that a baby pig that's calling for momma?
    I had assumed it was just a juvenile boar, but after googling javelinas, I wasn't sure.

he'll probably get a little bigger, but not by much. it depends, but most javelina stay pretty small. they're from scrub desert mostly, which is why i always assumed they were smaller than other pigs, but apparently they're not even pigs!

they're just little evolutionary hold-overs from when hell-pigs were a thing!

YOU GO BACK TO THE PLEISTOCENE EPOCH YOU BRISTLY LITTLE BASTARDS!

edit: also while i don't generally encourage interfering in nature, even what we might find cruel acts of nature, i'd probably save a mountain lion cub from a pig.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

he'll probably get a little bigger, but not by much. it depends, but most javelina stay pretty small. they're from scrub desert mostly, which is why i always assumed they were smaller than other pigs, but apparently they're not even pigs!

edit: also while i don't generally encourage interfering in nature, even what we might find cruel acts of nature, i'd probably save a mountain lion cub from a pig.

Wait wait wait... before banishing them to the depths of prehistory, we need to ask a very important question.
    How do they taste?

• Options

Wait wait wait... before banishing them to the depths of prehistory, we need to ask a very important question.
    How do they taste?

from what i understand it varies between "delicious and succulent like young pork" to "gamey and tough like a surly boot."

• Options

How do they taste?

from what i understand it varies between "delicious and succulent like young pork" to "gamey and tough like a surly boot."

Ah like the Mcrib

• Options
    edited January 2019
    They're basically a mobile mcrib with targeting acquisition and aggression left intact, yes.

edit: these qualities are of course removed from the domestic mcrib.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

Sound is required

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    "The downside of having pets is we are doomed to outlive them" -Mark Twain, probably.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbg4ivn1tTmXGMhjTb78H2O6lT4L5_StZl5UBFE7Cm_x029tvx

"One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat has only nine lives."
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain

• Options
    authors are weirdos, weirdos like cats (not all people who like cats are weirdos but you know what i mean here), authors like cats!

hemmingway! twain! lovecra- dickens!

• Options
    Lovecraft seemed more like a Fish guy

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Lovecraft seemed more like a Fish guy

Oh, he was a cat guy.

It's one of those things you really should google for yourself, kinda like James Joyce's love letters.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Sound is required
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    sound on

that's roux the pomeranian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vcqwq1fnHU

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Typically dogs pet me.
    I think it's because I am full of meat

This discussion has been closed.