Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dogs and Cats living together in the [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    You're bit late sharpy.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited April 19
    You're bit late sharpy.

Balls, didn't see it see it, Twitter doesn't seem to be loading properly :?

Have some dogs instead:

yhk0qne7svme.jpg

SharpyVII on
    BahamutZEROFiendishrabbitchrishallett83StiltsbowenH3KnucklesKarozShadowenchromdomN1tSt4lkerSixshotStrikerSlacker71ironsizideAndy Joewebguy20doomybearHappy Little MachineZilla360Tofystedeth
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 19

Bedlam on
    FiendishrabbitSkeithbowenCormacH3KnucklesBloodsheedMetzger MeisterKarozShadowenchromdomCambiataN1tSt4lkerSixshotStrikerBahamutZEROMvrckSlacker71Emerlmaster999ironsizideAndy JoeNightDragonwebguy20doomybearShortyHappy Little MachineMr FuzzbuttThe JudgeTofystedeth
    I like how that dog is "Yo. Chill man. Chill. Yes. Good. And now give me some gentle scratches...No! Don't leave me unscritched!"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    KarozMorivethAndy JoeNightDragon
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    "I be the night"?

CambiatascherbchenKarozchromdomH3KnucklesI ZimbraironsizideShadowenBahamutZERONightDragonEmerlmaster999Andy JoeSlacker71SkeithSixshotStrikerN1tSt4lkerCormacHappy Little MachineThe JudgeTofystedeth
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Well that's settled that debate.

steam_sig.png
    Karozchromdomdarunia106ironsizideShadowenFiendishrabbitEmerlmaster999Slacker71N1tSt4lkerExtreaminatusRhesus PositiveTofystedeth
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    chromdomH3KnucklesEmerlmaster999ShadowenSlacker71SkeithSixshotStrikerdoomybearHappy Little Machine
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    SharpyVII on
    SixshotStrikerBahamutZEROEmerlmaster999N1tSt4lkerJedocKarozironsizideSorcetynicNightDragonH3KnucklesdoomybearWerewolf2000adMvrckSlacker71CaedwyrHappy Little MachineSkeithMr FuzzbuttThe JudgeZilla360Tofystedeth
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 Scarf Prince Registered User regular
    "Where did you hide the bones, Mister Snuffles?!"

"I ain't no snitch."

BedlamironsizideNightDragonSkeithZilla360
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    Any dog can be taught to speak.

Not every dog can be taught not to speak to the police until their lawyer arrives.

BahamutZEROMvrckAistanZilla360
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular

FiendishrabbitJedocSixshotStrikerironsizidewebguy20ShadowenNightDragonH3KnucklesCormacdoomybearBloodsheedAndy Joechromdomdarunia106Slacker71N1tSt4lkerHappy Little MachineSkeithpookaZilla360Emerlmaster999
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    Boy howdy. I do not have the guts to punk a cougar at close range.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    MayabirdMichaelLCASimPersonsee317Karozwebguy20ShadowenNightDragonH3KnucklesExtreaminatuschromdomdarunia106MvrckSlacker71Happy Little MachineSkeithZilla360Emerlmaster999Tofystedeth
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ahaha cats are so dumb

BahamutZERO.gif
    KarozAndy JoeMr Fuzzbutt
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    ahaha cats are so dumb

"If I pick the correct bucket first, the game ends and I stop getting new toys..."

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    ahaha cats are so dumb

There are some cats that understand object permanence; they are not big cats.

H3KnucklesBloodsheedEnc
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular

H3KnucklesCormacdoomybearCambiataI ZimbraAndy JoeJayKaoschromdomSixshotStrikerN1tSt4lkerSlacker71ironsizidepooka
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    Yeah, we all remember what Daisy did around here.

• doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

I don't want to alarm you Karoz, but it appears you might have an infestation of Gollums in your bed.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    KarozH3KnucklesRhesus Positive
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    That cat gif is too high fps it's freaking me out.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    I ZimbraBahamutZEROH3KnucklesSorceEmerlmaster999
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    actually that's just unused footage from a Harryhausen fantasy project. you don't see claymation like that anymore!

also i wonder if you have to be careful with sphynx kittens on account of they don't have any fur, like, i'd imagine that a lot of kitten play can produce nicks and cuts that might not otherwise happen with a layer of fur covering your wee little body. i know my arms don't hold up as well to kittens as other kittens do.

BahamutZEROpooka
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    That cat gif is too high fps it's freaking me out.

The part I have trouble with is that intellectually, I know that viewing normal things doesn't have the concept of framerate, and everything is smooth. And yet when I see that video, it seems to be moving faster than real life... and it just messes with me!

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    BahamutZEROBedlam
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The camera moving around a bunch doesn't help either

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    BahamutZERO
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I wonder if sphynx cats who've only ever seen sphynx cats and finally see one with fur get freaked out

I wonder how much cats actually understand the concept of "that thing is the same kind of thing I am"

BahamutZERO.gif
    Rhesus PositiveKayne Red Robe
    BahamutZEROSixshotStrikerchromdomH3KnucklesironsizideHappy Little MachinedoomybearShadowenAndy Joe
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    sound on! (is there a way to embed gfycat clips?)
    https://gfycat.com/onlyacidicbluebird

5FEdw1A.png
    FiendishrabbitSixshotStrikerSlacker71N1tSt4lkerchromdomCormacH3KnucklesironsizideHappy Little MachinedoomybearShadowenAndy Joe
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I wonder how much cats actually understand the concept of "that thing is the same kind of thing I am"

I assume they can.

Unless it's a particularly dumb cat.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Cats definitely understand.

Most of them just don't care unless it upsets their way of life.

akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

as with anything it depends on the cat

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular

I love how he had scissors at the ready.

I love how he had scissors at the ready.

It's not the first time they've had a noodle eating competition

doomybear
    el_vicio wrote: »
    (is there a way to embed gfycat clips?)

nope

BahamutZERO.gif
    Bedlam
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 22

I dunno about cats, but apparently some scientists did a study with dogs to see if they could differentiate between "dog" and "not dog", and dogs are able to do it fairly regularly. Interestingly, the dogs were able to recognize something as "dog" even if it wasn't the same type of breed. So assuming cats are the same, a sphynx cat would probably recognize any cat as just another cat, fur or not (but freak out anyway cuz cats are weird).

(Study details here, it's obviously not exhaustive, but a neat study in concept!)

Houk the Namebringer on
    H3Knuckles
    yeah dogs definitely seem like they can tell. But cats are pretty noticeably dumber than dogs, especially in areas that are mainly useful to deeply social animals like dogs and humans.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Cats don't seem to have a concept of actions having consequences. They understand if they jump into the bathtub they'll get wet, so they're aware of some kind of risk aversion, but a lot of dogs know the shit they're doing will get them in trouble with the hand that feeds them. If cats do know that, they are acting against their own self-interest every time they do some dumb shit, which for my roommate's cats, is every goddamn second of every day. They are funny, though.

BahamutZEROAistanN1tSt4lkerSlacker71Zilla360