As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm cold again, [weather thread]

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Well, the Belgian national heat record has been shattered, from 39.9 we went yesterday to 41.8C :bigfrown:

Germany had a new record of 40.5 from 40.3 before on Wednesday which was promptly superseded on Thursday with a whopping 42.6!

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    It'd be a lot cooler outside if you just used imperial thermometers instead. 40 sounds great.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    It's going to be 32 of those C things here in Oregon today, mildly annoying.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    They had to cancel a stage of the Tour de France because of a freak snow and hail storm. I know the stage is at ~9000ft which changes how weather patterns behave, but that's still wild and bizarre coming the day after most of France set record high temperatures. Like, they had to bring out snowplows and front-end loaders to clear away snow and slush, it was a lot of precipitation!

They should have made them bike through the snow and hail. Let the winners be those who survive.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Update from Greenville SC:
    Slightly less hot than Columbus OH
    V humid

A total of 13 sweaty nutsacks outside

Hey hold on a second I'm in Greenville South Carolina.

What are you doing here? Why are there a surprising number of forumers here?

Juggernut on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    It’s been 90 in Austin the past couple of days and honestly it’s been so nice.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Five more degrees and you get to take off all your clothes!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Hail forms from unique conditions of hot wet air blowing up into higher parts of the atmosphere that are below freezing. Surface temperatures being high in a region that’s normally much cooler encourages it, where regions that are normally hot like the tropics lack the low freezing altitude to allow for hail. It’s presence in Europe suggests the region has been much colder for a long time and recent heating of the lower atmosphere for some strange reason.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    V humid

juggs I came within about ten minutes of flying into/out of Greenville a few weeks ago.
    But then I didn't.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    V humid

juggs I came within about ten minutes of flying into/out of Greenville a few weeks ago.
    But then I didn't.

As you were right to do, Nicc.

• Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Five more degrees and you get to take off all your clothes!

Who says they aren't already off?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

More like wasper report, amirite?

try your servers and tip the veal, I'll be here all week!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Special effects on the next Godzilla look a bit half-arsed

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    So we're getting into fire weather here in SoCal, there's an alert for dangerous conditions tomorrow afternoon and there's currently a 156 acre fire burning in Chino Hills that's 80% contained and destroyed a home.

That Chino Hills fire? Caused by a large bird hitting some power lines, igniting, and falling into the dry grass below.

jgeis on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    So we're getting into fire weather here in SoCal, there's an alert for dangerous conditions tomorrow afternoon and there's currently a 156 acre fire burning in Chino Hills that's 80% contained and destroyed a home.

That Chino Hills fire? Caused by a large bird hitting some power lines, igniting, and falling into the dry grass below.

It dreamed of being a phoenix

• Options
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Another heat wave here.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Quit my job in a hot kitchen a month and a half ago. In that month and a half it's been under 30 (with humidity) maybe a handful of days. Pretty happy with my decision making rn

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I mean, if it was too hot in the kitchen I think you made the canonically correct choice.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    my entire forehead is peeling off in strips because I am an idiot and forgot to put more sunscreen on in the middle of the day last week

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I mean, if it was too hot in the kitchen I think you made the canonically correct choice.

I worked a kitchen two years ago where the insulation was awful and the A/C was almost non-existent; I used to get home from work with rings of salt expanding from my chest out to the edges of my t-shirt, it was fucking brutal.

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    i love to sweat

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    hi hello weather forecast

wgbn2idmoj21.png

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That seems wrong.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    It is both factually correct and deeply wrong

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    V humid

Bank school

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    99 Celcius can't be right! Unless the little symbols for Fahrenheit and Celcius are somehow highlighted to show which one is selected, but on my phone right now the Celcius is next to the big number, which should mean that's the scale?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's probably on a site that has C as the primary, with F as the translated temperature, hence the placement.

sig.gif
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    99 Celcius can't be right! Unless the little symbols for Fahrenheit and Celcius are somehow highlighted to show which one is selected, but on my phone right now the Celcius is next to the big number, which should mean that's the scale?

The F is black and the C is dark blue, if you look closely. It's what someone at Google decided would be good visual distinction between what is selected and what isn't. You can also see the wind is mph and not kmh.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

The F is black and the C is dark blue, if you look closely. It's what someone at Google decided would be good visual distinction between what is selected and what isn't. You can also see the wind is mph and not kmh.

Yeah it's a link to switch them. Obviously they should be transposed when active so they're right next to the temperature.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    It is hot as fuck in north eastern Pennsylvania, fuck

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’m being suffocated by sweaty nuts

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It was hot so I took my shirt off, but that made me even hotter.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Yesterday I had to pick up my son, walk 3/4 of a mile to get my daughter (he got to sit in the stroller). Then I had to walk half a mile home.. part of the way they both walked/ ran (?!), part of the way they took turns in the stroller, part of the way one sat in the stroller and the other sat on the kick-board on the back.
    I was hot when I got home. I mentioned to my husband that the heat really got to me when he got home.
    He then said that it wasn't even really that hot. I told him off and am still a bit upset.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Husbands always know the best thing to say to get them straight into the doghouse.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    the worst thing about when it's hot outside is how it seems like every restaurant turns their thermostat down to 50F for some unfathomable reason

I feel like I have to carry a jacket to put on when I'm indoors!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    50f is optimal tee shirt temp

Ok no 65f is

But 75f is where it starts to be less comfortable.

Tallahasseeriel on
This discussion has been closed.