As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm cold again, [weather thread]

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    ... yesterday was the first Boston day that even approached a decent summer temp. New England is cold and miserable.

Maybe in August we'll get some proper warmth

we just hit 90 over in NY

I'm surprised because it almost snowed 3 weeks ago

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    the "feels like" temp on my weather app says 100 already and it is only just past noon.

Please bury me in ice.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    ... yesterday was the first Boston day that even approached a decent summer temp. New England is cold and miserable.

I hate hot weather, and to a lesser degree cold weather. Yesterday and today are both pretty nice in the shade, but we did the Fenway tour yesterday and waiting on line for that to start because of the 8 billion dads getting their free tour was miserable. I needed a shower by like 10:30.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I miss Montreal winter sometimes. I never miss Montreal summer.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    A nice chilly 86 degrees here today and forecast of 100+ for the remainder of the week. Oh and we have high winds too that aren't cooling anything down, just blasting you with oven heat.

WELCOME TO THE MOJAVE DESERT

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    A nice chilly 86 degrees here today and forecast of 100+ for the remainder of the week. Oh and we have high winds too that aren't cooling anything down, just blasting you with oven heat.

AT LEAST YOU'RE NOT ALL SWEATY AND GROSS

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    First really hot day here in the Philly region...95 with 100 plus real feel. Not amused.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm not happy about the fact that work makes me leave my pleasant marine breezy city and spend all day in the still dead concrete badland stank of Redmond

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Being cold reminds me of death so I would rather be hot

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Same, but I'd rather be cold.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Started getting proper hot for the first time this weekend in NY, good chance to see if it the cheap AC for my living room will actually be powerful enough to keep the room sufficiently cool when the worst of summer hits. Spoiler alert: probably not.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Elaro wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

AT LEAST YOU'RE NOT ALL SWEATY AND GROSS

Y'ain't ever seen what hot wind does to living things have ya?

Been in humid places before and I still think dry is worse. Humid yeah I'm sticky and wet, but there's moisture. I don't feel like I'm being desiccated just because I stepped out my front door and felt my skin tighten noticeably on contact with the outside air as I gulp down water by the jug.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    93 here in SW Florida. Thankfully it's a relativley dry day today. Only 58% humidity.

Only 2 more days before I move out of this sauna of a state fortunately.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Fun fact: it isn't summer yet

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm not happy about the fact that work makes me leave my pleasant marine breezy city and spend all day in the still dead concrete badland stank of Redmond

Redmond is starting to slightly get me down. It's... nice? I guess? It really feels like "WELCOME BACK TO YOUR LEISURE CUBE, WORKER. ENJOY SOME PROVIDED ENTERTAINMENT AND NUTRIENTS AND AWAIT THE WORK BELL".

It doesn't seem like somewhere people live, it feels like somewhere where people have their lunch break.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I live in southern louisiana and it sucks.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

Extreme cold makes me physically curl up and want to just sleep into oblivion, where I’ve worked under a hot sun enough times that I still have full bodily control in extreme heat, until the dehydration shivers start.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

okay, but how's the weather?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    being hot is good while being cold is bad

Being hot is bad because I can't be more naked.

Being cold is good because I can be less naked.

But being hot I can cool off. Shade, breeze/fan/AC, cold drinks, etc.

If I'm cold, I'm cold for the rest of eternity and no matter how many layers of clothes I put on or how hot I have the heater, I'm going to be frozen and wishing I was dead. Gloves don't do shit, thick socks are a fucking scam, coats are bullshit snake oil. Nothing works! Set me on fire, I need to be warm!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    being hot is good while being cold is bad

Being hot is bad because I can't be more naked.

Being cold is good because I can be less naked.

But being hot I can cool off. Shade, breeze/fan/AC, cold drinks, etc.

If I'm cold, I'm cold for the rest of eternity and no matter how many layers of clothes I put on or how hot I have the heater, I'm going to be frozen and wishing I was dead. Gloves don't do shit, thick socks are a fucking scam, coats are bullshit snake oil. Nothing works! Set me on fire, I need to be warm!

The answer is fleece

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I, uh, I might be related to fire giants

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Redmond is starting to slightly get me down. It's... nice? I guess? It really feels like "WELCOME BACK TO YOUR LEISURE CUBE, WORKER. ENJOY SOME PROVIDED ENTERTAINMENT AND NUTRIENTS AND AWAIT THE WORK BELL".

It doesn't seem like somewhere people live, it feels like somewhere where people have their lunch break.

Is that Rocky and Bullwinkle place still open? Because I feel like that place perfectly embodies what your view of Redmond already is, if it's still around.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Tube wrote: »

yeah that's an accurate read

e: if you have to live on the east side, at least Kirkland and Woodinville feel like actual places where people choose to live intentionally

Shorty on
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Kaplar wrote: »

okay, but how's the weather?

Oh. Hot and rainy. So miserable heat combined with miserable humidity.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Sweating is repugnant.

if I'm sitting still and sweating I'm mentally creating plans to move to a colder place

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    bowen wrote: »

we just hit 90 over in NY

I'm surprised because it almost snowed 3 weeks ago

I was wearing fluffy boots and several warm layers like, a week ago. Frickin north east.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    I, uh, I might be related to fire giants

Nemean lion fur

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    If I'm cold I can always put on additional clothing to warm up

if I'm too hot, there are certain limits to how much clothing I can remove, especially at work/in public

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I actually like it when it's 30 degrees with high humidity and there's no air conditioning on the bus and everyone is a filthy wretched sweaty disgusting mess because then I have an excuse

• Options
    I actually like it when it's 30 degrees with high humidity and there's no air conditioning on the bus and everyone is a filthy wretched sweaty disgusting mess because then I have an excuse

and this is why I'm super grateful for the ferry during the summer

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If I'm cold I can always put on additional clothing to warm up

if I'm too hot, there are certain limits to how much clothing I can remove, especially at work/in public

I reject this social convention

• Options
    I got a one quart milkshake.

I'm going to shit my brains out later but it is so worth it.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I got a one quart milkshake.

I'm going to shit my brains out later but it is so worth it.
    Make sure to check your yard for boys first.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Nice thing about the hot weather is that the sprinklers are on in the playground, and I can just let the kids play in the water. Without the sprinklers, they run around and get into situations so that I have to keep a close eye on them.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's dropped about 5 degrees in the past half hour and now it's dumping buckets of water.

What is even happening?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I've lived in Redmond for 20 years and I don't get any of that at all. Maybe I live in a different part though.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'm sure it's hot in Canada, but it was 112 here today. I'm sure anyone in Phoenix has me beat, though.

https://youtu.be/4PYt0SDnrBE

My brother has the tales of how it was 110+ at various times in Phoenix and how inside it was 70 as he said he had almost passed out from the shock or thrown up

• Options
    I am laying on the couch. I almost passed out just now. I think I'm petty close to having heatstroke.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Drink water

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    Drink water

I am. I had to dig the pitcher out and put some in the fridge. my cold tap is running hot.

I think I'm really dehydrated so I'm probably going to drink a few glasses over the next hour or so so I don't almost faint again.

This discussion has been closed.