As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm hot again, [weather thread]

1717273747577»

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Last I checked, the combined fire departments in NM were so overwhelmed that the press statements were basically "I know, it's fucked up, right? Well, it's going to do what it's going to do, that's the fire's business now. We'll keep squirting water on the bits we can get to, but that's not a lot of the bits. Probably people should leave."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 12
    Oh geez I lowballed that big time. There are two fires going, the small one being the Cerro Pelado fire and the big one being the Hermit's Peak Incident according to this map. The latter is almost 240k acres.

edit- not sure why the map is starting in AZ, but whatever.

Skeith on
  • DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    That picture makes it look like it's going to get real bad for a lot of people very quickly. Hopefully those homes are farther away from the fire than it appears there.

ShadowfireBullheadKayne Red Robe
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The line of fire on the ridge IS the homes.

DoodmannSkeithtynic3cl1ps3ShadowfireLucedesDedwrekka
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well it's far worse in NM

Jedoc
    This might just be my ridiculously sweaty lawnmowing job talking, but I think I would non-fatally stab you for temperatures like that right about now.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

-"All right, I'm putting a team together."

-"To do what?"

-"To steal Portland's cold."

This summer, George Clooney returns as Danny Ocean in Ocean's Twenty in his most ambitious heist yet!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... And flattery will get you nowhere!"
    ShadowfireDedwrekkaDoodmann
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

give it back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorce
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yea its crazy we're farther down in the valley and still have some snow on tops of the hills. I can't remember that ever happening before in May. I'm hoping that means it won't be as dry a summer as we've had previously the last few years. Here's hoping anyways.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    I just want to be able to leave the windows open.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That's perfect leave the windows open weather???????????????????

MadicanJedocDedwrekkaTynnan
    I am literally prepared to kill people to have eternal mid 60s weather

BahamutZEROShadowfireLasbrookLucedesSorceMysterious Fox
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    That's perfect leave the windows open weather???????????????????

Yes it is, and I live in Southern California where that's considered "cold" by most people

You have to remember this is Oregon so it's 50's and rain. Leave the windows open and things get wet and then at night it's been mid 30's.

THAT SOUNDS AMAZING

BahamutZEROJedocLasbrookReynoldsDedwrekka
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    No, this is my state, get the fuck away.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Lucedes
    We're cool. The sky has been trying to kill me my whole life, I long ago traded a perpetual battle with god for affordable property prices.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • LucedesLucedes could happen to you, if you're not careful Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    No, this is my state, get the fuck away.

oh heck i grew up in that county. it's beautiful climate, basically looks like the shire.

who would move to Mo Vegas tho? or Hoid Paak?? nothin' but kyeews there.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 14
    They have deployed every water carrying capable aircraft to the dual fires in NM
    It is as dry as the Atacama Desert because we are dealing with moisture in the teens and a dew point somewhere in negative degrees. So if it rains it will be devastating

Brainleech on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    What will happen if it rains?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    THAT SOUNDS AMAZING

We're in the high 90s all week.

Remember kids.
    Drink water
    Take showers
    Drink water
    Seek shade
    Drink water
    Find a communal space with AC.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited May 14
    Devastation, probably.

But really if it gets too dry, flooding is going to be an issue, because the ground won't be able to absorb everything that comes down that quickly.

Sorce on
    Backloggery. Yes, it's updated.

The sig image will return when I stop playing "Mature" games. Unless I never stop. Oh god, what if I never stop?
    DedwrekkaBrainleechShadowfire3cl1ps3
    THAT SOUNDS AMAZING

It is pretty great napping weather.

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    https://fire.airnow.gov/

Reminder for the rest of the long summer and fall: the live and constantly updated fire and smoke map for the US and Canada, showing the size and containment of each fire and the air quality in other areas.

The massive Hermits Peak Fire in NM (280k acres, 27% contained) right now has a smoke plume that's reducing air quality all the way to Tennessee.

BahamutZERO
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Severe storms here in Vermont last night. And then this right across the river.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Well, that's fucked.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Elaro3cl1ps3Skeith
    They immediately put 100 firefighters and a water drop helo on the fire and got it under control.

BahamutZERO
  • ElaroElaro Threadkiller, Harbinger of the Lock GodsRegistered User regular
    They immediately put 100 firefighters and a water drop helo on the fire and got it under control.

For a moment there I thought you were making a PUBG joke...

I'm going to bed.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... And flattery will get you nowhere!"
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

For a moment there I thought you were making a PUBG joke...

I'm going to bed.

I think Battlefield already tried that gameplay mode.

bfv-firestorm-og-image.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg