As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Book [chat]

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Meat.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    October 17 errrybody in Canada going to get lit af

Oh wow I didn't know Canada celebrated my birthday too!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I want to lie on the floor and play video games this evening

But Ladyfish is coming over so I should probably not do that

you could lie on your video games and play with ladyfish

But what will we do for the other 23 hours and 45 minutes, etc :P

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I just hit 40 this month.

I didn't make a big deal out of it. I mostly feel like it's just a number.

I do have that lingering subtle feeling that i should be further along in my life goals, specifically career change.

What career change would you like to pursue, what are your life goals, and how far along are you in pursuing those goals, let's say as a percentage

Ideally I'd do something public health or medicine.

I applied to grad schools for Masters of Public Health a few years back. Didn't get in anywhere, and the experience was demoralizing when I met the competition.

I started on a second bachelor's degree (Microbiology/pre-med) but didn't follow through. I barely have the mental/emotional energy to deal with my job. I did well in my classes but I was basically a zombie all the time and I almost got fired. Meanwhile I remembered how much I disliked academia.

And at this point, I don't think I want to attempt anything that involves the university system.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Cashews are a great vegan tool

Cashew ice cream is delicious, and cashew cheese doesn't taste like cheese but it has the perfect texture and makes a nice creamy savoury spread

yeah but it takes 100 gallons of water to make a single cashew you monster

It's more that cashews are produced in places with poor labour protections, can burn workers with acid because the natural defenses are so potent, and have been produced in labour camps that exploit drug addicts

Blood cashews

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I want to lie on the floor and play video games this evening

But Ladyfish is coming over so I should probably not do that

you could lie on your video games and play with ladyfish

But what will we do for the other 23 hours and 45 minutes, etc :P

netflix and chill

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I'm shitty at being vegan but I definitely support the politics behind it

Relatedly, I'm also an anti-lawn advocate

Yeah but what if the grass grows naturally

I know you were in Texas for a while and it's still probably a weird concept but

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    As a former vegan

i feel like a vindicated crazy conspiracy theorist

i've dedicated my life to this, my family left me...
    hmm maybe I should still identify as vegan even tho I've been eating dairy products

I could be like one of those dudes who bangs other dudes but still calls himself straight

Cow4Dairy. DL. Organic Free Range Only. No Meats.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Debt collector just called about a credit card I am supposedly delinquent on

He had my SSI and my DOB and he said I owed 3800, from a card issued in 1998

I asked him to re-read my DOB and check how old I was in 1998

he said that it doesn't matter even if I was 14 I still owe it.

Yeah no thanks bud plz direct all further correspondence to 1-866-fuckoff

Did you Santos L. Halper a credit card company in 1998, override?

Maybe? I don't remember, I was a teenager. He had my *correct* date of birth, which means they issued a card to a minor and I probably bought video games with it or something. In illinois you can't even issue a card to a 20 year old without a cosigner or joint applicant which is what I will tell them in written form if and when they send me a copy of the original credit card contract

How old is the debt? Different states have different statute of limitations on when debt can be collected.

its from 1998, and regardless, minors can't legally be issued credit cards. the only scenario in which I could remotely be responsible for the debt is if I committed fraud, but they have accurate DOB information meaning they just ate the cost when they issued the card

Ill go to court with them if they want

Everything I've ever read about US debt collectors and their bullshit makes me believe that the only response anyone should ever give them is to invite them to go fuck themselves forever.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Lawns for some, 10,000 small American flags in dirt for others

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Cashews are a great vegan tool

Cashew ice cream is delicious, and cashew cheese doesn't taste like cheese but it has the perfect texture and makes a nice creamy savoury spread

yeah but it takes 100 gallons of water to make a single cashew you monster

It's more that cashews are produced in places with poor labour protections, can burn workers with acid because the natural defenses are so potent, and have been produced in labour camps that exploit drug addicts

Blood cashews
    Also cashews are only ok.

Pistachio master race

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    As a former vegan

i feel like a vindicated crazy conspiracy theorist

i've dedicated my life to this, my family left me...
    hmm maybe I should still identify as vegan even tho I've been eating dairy products

I could be like one of those dudes who bangs other dudes but still calls himself straight

Cow4Dairy. DL. Organic Free Range Only. No Meats.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    can burn workers with acid because the natural defenses are so potent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61To61w_Hig

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I had one of those Impossible Burgers this weekend and holy shit you guys

why isn't this everywhere

also why did it cost 16

but also holy shit you guys

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

Maybe? I don't remember, I was a teenager. He had my *correct* date of birth, which means they issued a card to a minor and I probably bought video games with it or something. In illinois you can't even issue a card to a 20 year old without a cosigner or joint applicant which is what I will tell them in written form if and when they send me a copy of the original credit card contract

How old is the debt? Different states have different statute of limitations on when debt can be collected.

its from 1998, and regardless, minors can't legally be issued credit cards. the only scenario in which I could remotely be responsible for the debt is if I committed fraud, but they have accurate DOB information meaning they just ate the cost when they issued the card

https://bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/state-statutes-of-limitations-for-old-debts-1.aspx

Looks like Illinois statute of limitation in credit card debt is 5 years.

You can also ask the debt collectors for mailed written proof, and usually they'll send you something that says they have your debt and what the account number is, who they bought it from, etc. And also a notice that says that you don't have to pay it since it is after the statute. They'll also have some text about if you want to dispute it, then send in a written letter within 30 days or whatever.

source: I had to do this a few months ago for a $17 electric bill from 5 years ago.

Under Illinois law essentially any debt in which the creditor cannot produce the original contract. It is treated the same as a verbal agreement and any obligations expire after 5 years, technically credit card debt lasts forever in illinois as long as they have the contract, but again - the contract is signed by a minor it isn't a valid contract, so they did the legal equivalent of handing me a bunch of cash

override367 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    You liking your new digs chu?

for the most part yeah. the house is a few degrees warmer than i'd like so i need to get a fan for my room. also my room is way smaller than my old room. but it's hella nice to have basically my own bathroom and be closer to work. plus dog and cat are a+ perks.

my desk is finally all set up with computer, internet etc.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Arch wrote: »

also why did it cost 16

Isn't that the vegan burger that actually tastes like beef and not "it tastes like beef" like most vegan food?

jungleroomx on
  • Options

I know you were in Texas for a while and it's still probably a weird concept but

It's not just about what grows naturally but also how much water it takes to keep it up and how much chemicals we seep into groundwater

basically if your lawn isn't buffalo grass, you're dead to me

forever.

• Options

It's not just about what grows naturally but also how much water it takes to keep it up and how much chemicals we seep into groundwater

forever.

But what if I don't use chemicals and never water it and just live in a particularly green part of the country? :D

• Options

also why did it cost 16

What is an impossible burger. What am I missing out on?

• Options

also why did it cost 16

Isn't that the vegan burger that actually tastes like beef and not "it tastes like beef" like most vegan food?

Yes

sfxbuPll.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    The bay area has fucked me up so much that a $16 restaurant burger seems like a decent deal...

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited June 2018

forever.

But what if I don't use chemicals and never water it and just live in a particularly green part of the country? :D

if it's local native grass and you don't water it or use fertilizer or weed killer, you are not dead to me, rejoice in your resurrection

Atomika on
  • Options
    no, that's actual cheese I'm not a vegan

it's a slice of good ol' american cheese

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

also why did it cost 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebNeUihciDI

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I am so glad it’s summer, I can turn my heater down to only 70 now!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

forever.

I have about an acre and a half of lawn that we don’t water and don’t use any chemicals on. Not all lawns are travesties.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Oh it's a vegan burger that tastes like meat...I appreciate the thought.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

also why did it cost 16

It's a burger made using a combination of wheat and soy protein mixed with a plant-derived hemoglobin-like protein that allows it to "bleed" and taste more like an actual meat burger (since a lot of the 'meat' flavor comes from the hemoglobin in the meat)

*this is all from memory plz visit their website to learn more

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

forever.

I'm also a proponent of native plant landscaping and I'm anti-lawn and what you're describing us totally fine IMO. If grass grows naturally in your biome and all you do is mow it, that's cool.

But most lawns in the US use non-native grasses and require a shitload of water.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    My lawn is mowed mountain meadow

It is not watered

It stays green most of the time because it’s right above the septic tanks

Also ithe greenest bits are 25% volunteer oregano and 25% yarrow

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular

https://bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/state-statutes-of-limitations-for-old-debts-1.aspx

Looks like Illinois statute of limitation in credit card debt is 5 years.

You can also ask the debt collectors for mailed written proof, and usually they'll send you something that says they have your debt and what the account number is, who they bought it from, etc. And also a notice that says that you don't have to pay it since it is after the statute. They'll also have some text about if you want to dispute it, then send in a written letter within 30 days or whatever.

source: I had to do this a few months ago for a $17 electric bill from 5 years ago.

Under Illinois law essentially any debt in which the creditor cannot produce the original contract. It is treated the same as a verbal agreement and any obligations expire after 5 years, technically credit card debt lasts forever in illinois as long as they have the contract, but again - the contract is signed by a minor it isn't a valid contract, so they did the legal equivalent of handing me a bunch of cash

did you actually have a credit card?

• Options

forever.

if it's local native grass and you don't water it or use fertilizer or weed killer, you are not dead to me, rejoice in your resurrection

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

j/k I ain't even got a lawn

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    What would vegans do without soy.

• Options
    Yards are too much work anyway abolish yard work and also yards

• Options
    Six wrote: »

forever.

I have about an acre and a half of lawn that we don’t water and don’t use any chemicals on. Not all lawns are travesties.

this is true!

but what is also true:
    - lawn sod is the US' most-produced agricultural product!
    - the majority of residential grasses are not native, not suited to the local climates, and require tons of toxic chemicals and water to maintain!
    - it's wasted real estate!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    My sister brings her own bamboo straw when we go out to a bar for drinks and her own to go container if we're getting takeout somewhere.

Do not awesome this nasty unsanitary tube she carries around!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Did you hear about the vegan vampire hunter who got killed?

They were using a stake substitute

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I know a vegan or two who can’t eat soy

It seems very sad

This discussion has been closed.