Options

Well I guess I asked for it [chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    That brief period where I worked in parking enforcement was the sweetest high, if I'm honest

I didn't enjoy ruining people's days, but god did I enjoy enforcing the rules

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    chat answer this for me

why do raw chicken packages smell the worst of any possible thing the next day in your trash?

because all the bacteria ever start eating that sweet sweet raw chicken juice

Don't the bacteria know you can catch salmonella from that?

um they don't have brains honk

How do they find the chicken package hidden in the trash, probably behind a cabinet door. That suggests elaborate problem solving ability.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I moved my car to the next block. Street sweeping ticket time ends in a half hour. Tons of cars parked back on the street. Should I babysit the car to make sure the parking SS don’t mark me for execution or just assume they’re done and won’t come back for a second bite at the apple and just leave

My dentist has only street parking and it’s always full because of construction on that street. There’s a residential neighborhood around the corner with parking that starts at 10:00 am. One day I said fuck it and parked there at 9:56 am looked up and down the street, no cops no parking enforcers, and went to my appointment.

I got back and found my car with a $60 ticket, time stamped 9:58 am.

FUCK THE (PARKING) POLICE

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    not they shit in the bushes i mean

You spend all day driving from site to site, sometimes there aren't any readily accessible bathrooms!

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I don't get what's so bad about Prey: Mooncrash. It's not as good as regular Prey tho. which has NG+ and survival elements now

I'm frustrated as replaying the same content over and over, I kind of thought there'd be more of a plot element to it with regard to the frame story of the guy reviewing the data

hmmm, have you started doing the individual story missions? I just got some stuff about the guy who is entering the simulation that implied there will be more. I have 4/5 unlocked and sadly died before completing the engineer's story.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Parking signs are too complicated, often like 3 or 4 vertically where every new one is a condition applied to the former one. The order thus matters, it's like programming.

I just part everywhere and hope and it works well for me.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Meeting has been pushed back two weeks

Yesss now I don't feel bad for wearing a crew neck shirt

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Parking signs are too complicated, often like 3 or 4 vertically where every new one is a condition applied to the former one. The order thus matters, it's like programming.

i get the feeling sometimes they are intentionally misleading

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

you wore a shirt for a meeting with IT?

• Options
    I guess I’ll just sit here in my car looking like an unwashed creeper until 10:01 AM

Nothing exciting better happen in the first few minutes of LA COPA MUUUUUNDIAL

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

Come to DC, where you might just get a parking ticket anyways.
    parking-sign-2.jpg

zepherin on
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Oh we talking about bullshit street parking enforcement cuz ho ho holy fuck do i have some stories and mayor daley is a huge turd for selling all our shit out to a private company

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    hockey guy
    you know what they say
    when you assume
    you make an ass out of you and me

:rotate:

Bless your heart.
  • Options

My mind flipped the description of a crew neck and a v-neck and for a moment I thought you were heavily rocking the chest hair at work today

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Oh we talking about bullshit street parking enforcement cuz ho ho holy fuck do i have some stories and mayor daley is a huge turd for selling all our shit out to a private company

i went to a work event and we got a ticket about 2 mins after the meter expired

but it was for less than $15 because lol iowa

that's downtown at the capital even

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

barechested with war paint is really the way to go here

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    hockey guy
    you know what they say
    when you assume
    you make an ass out of you and me

:rotate:

You just blew my mind there scamp

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I've received several parking tickets that were issued in error, and each time I fought the ticket and eventually won, but it was an unbelievably difficult and draining experience each time

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

No, IT comms and some execs. I don't meet with operational IT, as I am allergic to goblins.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Geth wager 500 points on 51 hours

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

My mind flipped the description of a crew neck and a v-neck and for a moment I thought you were heavily rocking the chest hair at work today

I am still rocking chest hair with a crew neck, I assure you

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    guess that doesn't work anymore huh

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    I've received several parking tickets that were issued in error, and each time I fought the ticket and eventually won, but it was an unbelievably difficult and draining experience each time
    It's as if they design the process to be aggravating and time consuming. Like they want you to just send them 40 bucks and shut your mouth.

• Options
    As I recall, the tickets I handed out were $45 a pop

But they were also issued by a private company and technically unenforceable, but we made most of our money from people who didn't know that

Am I proud of the work I did?

Yes

• Options
    Geth load the jump program

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Geth close the matrix

• Options
    wow Neco

wow

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    guess that doesn't work anymore huh

I forgot about that! That was a fun little minigame

• Options
    Parking laws are an obvious revenue generator that is easy to lean on because drivers are by definition mobile and likely to not contest because they’re on the move and not may never come back and if they have a car surely they can afford the ticket and it will not be a financial hardship uguu

Except FUCK THAT it’s random ticketing for arbitrary lengths of time. It doesn’t take an hour and a half for the street sweeper! It comes by at the top of the hour and fucks off for the rest of the 90 minutes. There’s no need to keep the window open that long except to ticket a few more suckers for not having an hour and a half to circle the block vainly seeking space

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am in the pokey.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ugh it’s so nice out ugh

Let’s run away from work ugh

poo
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    As an unwashed creeper

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I once got a crazy high parking ticket for 300 dollars, so I had no choice but to fight it. I guess I should have taken pictures because the cops story was not remotely true, saying I double parked in an open lane downtown. Anyway I lost and was forced to pay the full amount plus court fees. It was only three weeks later when I finally remembered that I don’t own a car.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    finished book one of mistborn on audiobook
    went and read the wiki for all the other books because I have a disease where I must complete a book series even if it is awful

I'm currently reading The Demon Cycle or whatever pretentious name the series has. First book was a 4/5, the next two were 2.5/5. On the fourth one now which is back up to 3/5 so far.

can't stop now

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am in the pokey.

Are you surprised by this turn of events friendo.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Six wrote: »
    As an unwashed creeper

so as a Hakkes

• Options
    As I recall, the tickets I handed out were $45 a pop

But they were also issued by a private company and technically unenforceable, but we made most of our money from people who didn't know that

Am I proud of the work I did?

Yes

Wow this is exploitative af

You have a duty to go public

• Options

I am still rocking chest hair with a crew neck, I assure you

Body hair maintenance is easily the biggest part of my grooming routine

And things like
    Finished up an upper bod session at the gym, feeling confident

Snap a discreet progress pic in the bathroom, share it with my beloved romantic partner

Her response

"Good work babe (kiss emoji) You're the hairiest boy I haven't regretted sleeping with!"

Counting that as a win

Still happen regularly

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Parking laws are an obvious revenue generator that is easy to lean on because drivers are by definition mobile and likely to not contest because they’re on the move and not may never come back and if they have a car surely they can afford the ticket and it will not be a financial hardship uguu

Except FUCK THAT it’s random ticketing for arbitrary lengths of time. It doesn’t take an hour and a half for the street sweeper! It comes by at the top of the hour and fucks off for the rest of the 90 minutes. There’s no need to keep the window open that long except to ticket a few more suckers for not having an hour and a half to circle the block vainly seeking space
    Most tickets are revenue generators. What are they going to do when I can have my car drop me off, and go home, always driving the speed limit never breaking the law. Maybe tax people in a sane progressive way.

zepherin on
  • Options
    ITS 10:01 ABANDON SHIP

This discussion has been closed.