Options

Well I guess I asked for it [chat]

1929394959698»

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I’m defeated and angry and I kind of just want to get revenge by getting really fat and lazy and forcing the government to take care of my chain smoking video game playing ass

I think that will really own society what do you think

I hear they already call you a queen.

You’ll find me in the yellow pages under Queen, Yass

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Why does my goddam World Cup feed keep getting cut for news, I don’t give a fuck what it is just do not cut away.

Seriously what are you even watching it on neither fox nor telemundo do this

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    One of my coworkers made a joke in really poor taste in front of a client. I don’t know how this is going to shake out but I’m keeping my head down.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    One of my coworkers made a joke in really poor taste in front of a client. I don’t know how this is going to shake out but I’m keeping my head down.

Rectum damn near killed him!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Keep repeating it, getting louder each time, to a room growing more silent with dread until something happens

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    "But what are words, really" is maybe not the best defense of fraud I've ever heard

It's not really fraud though.

Literally anyone can start a business. You can do it, today, right now.

There's no paperwork involved in doing so, maybe if you want a DBA you need to file but you can literally take payment yourself as business income.

Tada, not actually fraud. Morally gray, yes, legally okay, though.

Sole proprietorship has some tax implications, though, and you'll need to file that shit on your taxes. But yes you can pay yourself for work in the same way a boss can eat at his own restaurant if he wants.

You're hinging your case on the fact that the court will agree that all "professionally cleaned" means is that there was payment and nothing else

which is iffy at best

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

This is my boss every day.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    We had a guy from a company who tried to pitch their thing to us pull a racist joke during his pitch.

I think he basically stumbled into it because he does that in private, which says something. On top of that it also says you're not super professional if you can't even keep that down for an hour during a pitch.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    the law is actually pretty proof against smartassery

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Why does my goddam World Cup feed keep getting cut for news, I don’t give a fuck what it is just do not cut away.

I was watching OTA. I just switched to Sling so it wouldn’t happen again. I think it might be a choice by the local Fox affiliate, I don’t know who runs it.

I’m watching the French channel, which is fine, I don’t need commentary and they’re pretty good with pronunciation of names.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    "But what are words, really" is maybe not the best defense of fraud I've ever heard

There's no paperwork involved in doing so, maybe if you want a DBA you need to file but you can literally take payment yourself as business income.

Sole proprietorship has some tax implications, though, and you'll need to file that shit on your taxes. But yes you can pay yourself for work in the same way a boss can eat at his own restaurant if he wants.

You're hinging your case on the fact that the court will agree that all "professionally cleaned" means is that there was payment and nothing else

which is iffy at best

He's hitching his case that no one actually gives a fuck about professionally cleaned as long as the unit doesn't look like shit. Like seriously they don't care.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Bets oon who gets the next chat?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Preacher wrote: »

Rectum damn near killed him!
    I wish no this was more cards against humanity than that where I’m like I can’t believe those words jumped out of his mouth, then he explained the fucked up thing he said to the young guy who didn’t get it. Jesus. I ain’t saying shit unless asked directly by the program manager.

zepherin on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    probably Chanus & Chanus, attorneys at law

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Sleep wrote: »

Chanus

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

I was watching OTA. I just switched to Sling so it wouldn’t happen again. I think it might be a choice by the local Fox affiliate, I don’t know who runs it.

I’m watching the French channel, which is fine, I don’t need commentary and they’re pretty good with pronunciation of names.

I’ve got it on OTA too. That’s a crazy decision by your local station

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    We are all Chanus now

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

which is iffy at best

It was mostly hinging that they'd go "you never had this professionally cleaned" like literally every slumlord in my area does if you do or don't. (like on my first apartment even though I did), at which point I'd be double paying.

I was pleasantly surprised when they didn't GAF.

Small claims court the onus would be on them to prove it wasn't professionally cleaned with a receipt provided. That's a lot of work to squeeze another $300 out of someone after the $60 filing fee.

Good luck proving it wasn't "professional" (whatever that would mean in this case). Fuck, Bowen's cleaning service could have a website, domain, SSL certificate, and a phone number by the end of today. Where's the line in the sand that a small claims court judge is going to give a shit?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »

Chanus

i swear to god if i do

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    bowen just declare yourself a shell corporation for the fictional entity “bowen”, illegally created without your permission by the fraudulent united states government and therefore you are exempt from all laws that apply to citizens

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    hockey guy you're the prince that was promised

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 2.7

@bowen will create the new thread
    @Hakkekage is backup

This discussion has been closed.