As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That one bonus episode of Totally Reprise was great, it's the [PODCAT]woman Thread

replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
edited July 2018 in Social Entropy++
it's been a while

since the last thread closed, and there's a new episode of probably one of the most popular podcasts on the forum, Staind Glass, so I figured it was time to make a new one. Let's all talk about podcasts, the the discography of Staind, and try to figure out what songs are by what band.

replacewythy on

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Finally a place to discuss the latest big McElroy news:

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    who wants to fuse butts with me

• replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    who wants to fuse butts with me

hold on this is my thread, no catdog situations allowed

• kmzkmz Registered User regular
    I was starting to wonder if podcast threads were being put out to pasture.

Did the ever actually discuss Bao on the Incredibles 2 Blank Check episode? David said they would get to it but I think they forgot, unless I was really inattentive.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    kmz wrote: »

Did the ever actually discuss Bao on the Incredibles 2 Blank Check episode? David said they would get to it but I think they forgot, unless I was really inattentive.

No they do talk about it!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • kmzkmz Registered User regular
    Dang. I must have dozed off for a bit or something.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    they talked about it, they were basically like "this is pretty but also weird. They should give her a full length movie"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    kmz wrote: »

All I can say for sure is, no one told me NOT to make one.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Good timing, Slack is down.

Hi everyone, what's podcastin'?

sig.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    it's been a while

since the last thread closed, and there's a new episode of probably one of the most popular podcasts on the forum, Staind Glass, so I figured it was time to make a new one. Let's all talk about podcasts, the the discography of Staind, and try to figure out what songs are by what band.

Goddamn it this is stuck in my head now

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    BUT I CAN STIIILL REMEMBER JUUUST THE WAY YOU TAAASTE

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    hmmm hm hm hm HMMMMM HM HM HMMMMMMMMMM

sorry i don't know the words just the general sound

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    hmmm hm hm hm HMMMMM HM HM HMMMMMMMMMM

sorry i don't know the words just the general sound

Wait those were words? I thought it was some weird Dave-Matthews-esque scat mumbling

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    they perform an incredible cruelty upon todd

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I started a new podcast, only an ep in but it was solid, will for sure dive into some more.

Disgraceland - rock n roll true crime podcast. Like the Rolling Stones trafficking H, Jerry Lee Lewis probably murdering his 5th wife, and of course, Biggie and Tupac.

Relatively short, dude's voice is good (delivery is not quite there but it's better than most) and interesting subject matter.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    New Who's The Big Boss? 2 today, woo

The end of the last episode was tragic, I hope it doesn't take toooo long for them to catch back up (or that they haven't screwed themselves, but I doubt they've done that)

more like Glasslight

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    All those horny words for "Trampoline me" and none for Bao's
    Reverse Birth

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    Todd Glass really seems to love music and he is the only person in the goddamn world who knows less about music than me

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    araki voice: my name is ben awol and this is my staind, todd glass

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I super need one of those staind glass t shirts but hell if I can justify buying more crap right this second

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvQoFRFd13g

Hybrid on
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Todd Glass, thanks for teaching me that "Heroes" is an original Jon Bon Jovi track that David Bowie went back in time to cover for the first time in the early 2000's. Todd seems like a great person that would be exhausting to be friends with.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Todd Glass, thanks for teaching me that "Heroes" is an original Jon Bon Jovi track that David Bowie went back in time to cover for the first time in the early 2000's. Todd seems like a great person that would be exhausting to be friends with.

I mean, you could just tell him he's wrong about something if you weren't trying to hurt him like Scott and Scott were.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular

I mean, you could just tell him he's wrong about something if you weren't trying to hurt him like Scott and Scott were.

Todd Glass being more than willing to admit he is wrong about meaningless pop culture bullshit and him being exhausting are completely unrelated in my opinion. I am more coming from the angle of being an introvert that only tries to sweat the big stuff and Todd Glass being a very loud extrovert who cares a lot about everything, no matter how small.

The episode is hilarious, hell, I'd even say both Staind Glass episodes are my favorites of each run so far, but, yeah, Scott and Scott don't come off super great in either. They have obvious affection, but it plays as a little too mean in podcast form.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson

Todd Glass being more than willing to admit he is wrong about meaningless pop culture bullshit and him being exhausting are completely unrelated in my opinion. I am more coming from the angle of being an introvert that only tries to sweat the big stuff and Todd Glass being a very loud extrovert who cares a lot about everything, no matter how small.

The episode is hilarious, hell, I'd even say both Staind Glass episodes are my favorites of each run so far, but, yeah, Scott and Scott don't come off super great in either. They have obvious affection, but it plays as a little too mean in podcast form.

I think that was my favorite UTU2TM/RUTREMRe:M, but also, it was the meanest thing I've ever heard.

Right, I forgot I made this thread because I listened to a Teenagers With Attitude.
    "I'm about 20% evil right now." "Okay, so you're at 'mean' on the scale, probably."
    "Do you think there's going to be a scene where someone's like, Tommy? And he's like, call me Thomas." I do think that yes.
    "Power Rangers is a timeless story, it doesn't need to be in the 90s"
    "The whole reason behind the metallic armor was that they had a bunch of leftover toys from the movie, that were like shinier than normal" holy shit
    "Is the statement 'I want to be evil' kind of hurting anyone else's brain" YEAH it is REALLY WEIRD how they treat the concept of being evil here.
    "It's not that weird of a sentiment, lots of people want to be corrupted Simon." god damnit
    Yeah Eric played the audio and it's definitely revivifier, not revilifier, so as usual, ranger wiki can go fuck itself.
    "Does Tommy have 50 First Dates disease?"
    "But I'm confused here, wasn't the crystal underneath Krispy Kreme?"
    "Who's the nanny in the Ranger Babies universe? Is it Rita?" "It's Zordon but you just see his legs."
    the meter is so goddamn good
    "but I guess it makes sense that most of the evil would be in the brain."
    "It's like 50% in the crotch and 50% in the head, basically."
    "Zedd is a human that lost his skin at some point." "That's fucked up!"
    "I don't see why you're fuckin' shit-talking my specific choice of words, but" "You keep making weird ones!"
    "The Globber's voice is great too, it's like bglblglbblaglbl" "I hate it, it's gross." I also hate it, Emily did a good impression though, and I had no idea how to transcribe that.
    "This is one of those scenes where like, all the bad guys are like, dancing, and you're like, yay, kids' show, and then there's like, a little too much realism, cause the other characters are like, oh we're gonna die."
    "I mean it's a part 2. It sure is."
    "Yeah, stuff actually... happened."
    "Halle Berry was not the problem with that movie." Halle Berry did the best she could with the material she had in Catwoman imo.
    "it's just that the material was dogshit. Or catshit, more appropriately I guess."
    "Did George R.R. Martin rip off Power Rangers? I say yes."
    "There's nothing in the rules that says a centaur can't play basketball." oh god that would be a huge advantage
    "May the power protect you always." "And glitter. When you run out of power."

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    How wild is it that we got a MBMBAM show?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    How wild is it that we got a MBMBAM show?

Less wild than the fact that they're gonna be in Trolls 2

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    This week's Off-Book is very funny and good and is maybe a top five episode of the whole dang show. Also! Adding a drummer to the mix adds a lot. They're on a really good run of eps lately!

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    I love how Jeff's evaluation of DBZ in All Systems Goku really centres on the fights, always making note of every double axe handle and shoulder barge. I never thought about how one of the show's strengths was how easy it is to parse the action.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I decided to listen to a few episodes of Still Buffering for the first time

There's a live episode where they read a survey Google did of what teens think is cool, and the teens in the survey:

mention multiple VR headsets by name
    think Android is cooler than iPhone
    and forty percent of all girls surveyed have a Google Plus account

So about twenty minutes in I figured out that these were all the children of people who worked at Google

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    So Waypoint is doing an hour of talkshow and an hour of stream every workday now, which sounds like a pretty big pressure.

I looked at their views, and I only see about 1k on twitch and 2k on Youtube afterwards. I didn't realize they captured so few eyes. Do those twitch numbers include people watching it live? I don't really know how twitch works.
    Kinda makes me sad, especially as both Austin and Patrick made several jokes about joke security at E3.

Giantbomb has switched much of their video hosting to Youtube, and it doesn't reach as far as I'd expect either. Most QL's do 40 to 70k.
    Jeff has commented that their subscription model is paying off for them though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I like waypoint but I don't have the patience for an hour talk show everyday.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    The size of the audience isn’t as important as their desire and ability to give you money. If your core audience is 40k people, and they’re willing to give you a dollar a week...

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I want to say that they've said a couple times that the Bombcast has a wildly wider reach than anything else they do

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Plus they've said that the podcast does orders of magnitude better numbers than anything else they put out

I would assume the same holds for waypoint. It's pretty much the only content of theirs that I consume anyway. Livestreams aren't good for people in non American timezones and I have never been able to find vods on twitch or YouTube until a long while after the original broadcast.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I didn't know I had an amount of dog dick discussion that I could cope with until this week's Punch Up The Jam but apparently I do.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
This discussion has been closed.