Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Shopophobia

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 29 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Shopophobia

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on
Skull2185NightslyrTofystedethAndy JoeAlbino BunnyThawmusQuidGolden YakcB557DonnictonZilla360H3KnucklesSorce

Posts

  • CovarrCovarr Registered User regular
    That last line is one of my favorite lines ever in a comic.

  • Skull2185Skull2185 It's literature. Smutty literature. Deal. With. It.Registered User regular
    I also turn off auto-buy and then forget to buy stuff as well. Though I usually remember after my first death.

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Two step authentication for failure is my new contraception method.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • VrynnVrynn Registered User new member
    edited June 29
    It's such a good punchline. It might even be my new all-time favorite PA line.

    And Tycho's expression is brilliant as well.

    Vrynn on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I don't know what game this is for specifically, but I can definitely relate.

    I forgot to buy in original DotA, and in LoL, and also in Smite. But usually in Smite it was because I didn't know what to buy, so I just didn't buy anything.


    And that is why HotS is so appealing to me. You don't have to memorize loot tables for a million characters, and you don't have to memorize crafting recipes for advanced weapons like you have to do in so many MOBAs.

  • Skull2185Skull2185 It's literature. Smutty literature. Deal. With. It.Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I don't know what game this is for specifically, but I can definitely relate.

    I forgot to buy in original DotA, and in LoL, and also in Smite. But usually in Smite it was because I didn't know what to buy, so I just didn't buy anything.


    And that is why HotS is so appealing to me. You don't have to memorize loot tables for a million characters, and you don't have to memorize crafting recipes for advanced weapons like you have to do in so many MOBAs.

    Paladins.

    I left auto-buy on for Smite, because it was too overwhelming. Paladins has way less shit to buy, though. I typically buy the increased damage to shields, kills restore health, resist direct damage, and (depending on which character I'm using) either decreased cooldown/increased ult charge rate/movement speed perks.

    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    Vrynn wrote: »
    It's such a good punchline. It might even be my new all-time favorite PA line.

    And Tycho's expression is brilliant as well.

    What makes it so good is you instantly think of hundreds of scenarios where it is the perfect epic burn and summary of what the fuck someone has done.

    camo_sig2.png
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I don't know what game this is for specifically, but I can definitely relate.

    I forgot to buy in original DotA, and in LoL, and also in Smite. But usually in Smite it was because I didn't know what to buy, so I just didn't buy anything.


    And that is why HotS is so appealing to me. You don't have to memorize loot tables for a million characters, and you don't have to memorize crafting recipes for advanced weapons like you have to do in so many MOBAs.

    Paladins.

    I left auto-buy on for Smite, because it was too overwhelming. Paladins has way less shit to buy, though. I typically buy the increased damage to shields, kills restore health, resist direct damage, and (depending on which character I'm using) either decreased cooldown/increased ult charge rate/movement speed perks.

    Manual buy is super important. All it takes is one enemy Makoa to fuck your shit up because no one on your team thought to pick up Wrecker (the increased shield damage item).

    Despite that, I still sometimes forget to buy. Yep, I'm the guy running around itemless and gimping the team. Sorry, frands.

    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • LoreWardLoreWard Registered User new member
    edited June 29
    I deeply hope there's DLC for this

    LoreWard on
  • VrynnVrynn Registered User new member
    LoreWard wrote: »
    I deeply hope there's DLC for this

    Me too - I wanna know if the strip evolved around the punchline or the punchline came out of the strip.

Sign In or Register to comment.