As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    There needs to be a proper Tenno based two-handed hip-fired Gatling gun.

FTFY

But I already have two gorgons (wraith for status, prisma for crit) sitting around. I don't need another LMG...

What is this madness? LMGs are life.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    On the Limbo note, man, Limbo makes excavations so much more painless. I can easily hold an excavator by myself without even stressing out or really worrying about energy or hp.

Heck, with him I can just do tier 3 dark sector excavations by myself without much issue, and without people bitching because I dared bring Limbo, which is a definite plus.

Yeah, you'll find you can do that with most frames, some are just exceptionally good at it. Limbo doesn't prevent enemies from coming into contact with it unless you're actively using stasis, but other frames like gara and vauban can. Long story short, there are almost always options that work better than limbo in every situation.
    Don't let that, or other folks preferences stop you from using what you enjoy though.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    On the Limbo note, man, Limbo makes excavations so much more painless. I can easily hold an excavator by myself without even stressing out or really worrying about energy or hp.

Heck, with him I can just do tier 3 dark sector excavations by myself without much issue, and without people bitching because I dared bring Limbo, which is a definite plus.

The good thing about Limbo on excavations is that you can leave him and his dome of boredom to 1 excavator while everyone else that actually wants to play the game starts a second one far away from him.

I'm, shall we say, somewhat skeptical of "wanting to enjoy the game" being a factor on people shitting on Limbo when the default mode of people playing is so heavily slanted towards "ignore everything and move as fast as possible" that in frames where I don't have heavy speed enhancement mods equipped I never actually get to do anything except run forward being entirely left behind and never seeing the objectives, just see the icon change from yellow to green while it's still a couple hundred meters away. I had run six full three-piece Phorid assasination invasions before I got to learn what a Phorid looked like.
    kralizecc wrote: »

Yeah, you'll find you can do that with most frames, some are just exceptionally good at it. Limbo doesn't prevent enemies from coming into contact with it unless you're actively using stasis, but other frames like gara and vauban can. Long story short, there are almost always options that work better than limbo in every situation.
    Don't let that, or other folks preferences stop you from using what you enjoy though.

You may be able to, but me, bad at the game that I am, most certainly can't. The list of frames where I can pull that off without getting massively overwhelmed is very small, and the list where I can do it without having to spend energy items constantly to keep it up is even smaller. That's why noticing the Limbo thing is pretty great for letting me solo things. His CC comes with enough energy regen to feed himself indefinitely.

Again, keep in mind, when you people talk in here about how this game is ridiculously easy and there's nothing to do because everything explodes when you so much as look at them, I always have to ask myself if I'm playing a different game, because I try to go into the final arm of the Void and I get annihilated, so I haven't even dared try Sorties yet.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i have only used limbo to try out the lua spy missions. i get enough "WHOA calm down there mesa!" when i do defense missions and murder all the things.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular

The good thing about Limbo on excavations is that you can leave him and his dome of boredom to 1 excavator while everyone else that actually wants to play the game starts a second one far away from him.

I'm, shall we say, somewhat skeptical of "wanting to enjoy the game" being a factor on people shitting on Limbo when the default mode of people playing is so heavily slanted towards "ignore everything and move as fast as possible" that in frames where I don't have heavy speed enhancement mods equipped I never actually get to do anything except run forward being entirely left behind and never seeing the objectives, just see the icon change from yellow to green while it's still a couple hundred meters away. I had run six full three-piece Phorid assasination invasions before I got to learn what a Phorid looked like.

Phorid and most other bosses are run as fast as possible because you have to do it over and over to get what you want. Phorid also being an invasion boss means he's being run over and over again long after you have Nyx. He's probs the most killed boss in the game by now.

While I get what you are saying, most missions what other people do dosn't matter at all. But endless is the one place you actually get to fully use those jucy 6 forma builds etc. And then a Limbo drops by and makes it into a stand still hack and slash for 20 min....

When the most effective way you can play with your team is to go and make tea, then something is wrong imo.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options

You may be able to, but me, bad at the game that I am, most certainly can't. The list of frames where I can pull that off without getting massively overwhelmed is very small, and the list where I can do it without having to spend energy items constantly to keep it up is even smaller. That's why noticing the Limbo thing is pretty great for letting me solo things. His CC comes with enough energy regen to feed himself indefinitely.

Again, keep in mind, when you people talk in here about how this game is ridiculously easy and there's nothing to do because everything explodes when you so much as look at them, I always have to ask myself if I'm playing a different game, because I try to go into the final arm of the Void and I get annihilated, so I haven't even dared try Sorties yet.

You don't need any specific skill to do it with many frames, you just need to know what their strengths are, and how to exploit them. Many frames have cc far superior to limbo, without any of the negatives he comes with.
    Gara for instance has an ult that creates a cylinder of glass, it prevents both enemy fire from going through and enemies themselves from entering the area (friendly people and fire can go through either way). It also has incremental sections, each section being 30 degrees, so the whole thing doesn't fail when a section breaks down.
    Vauban is probably the king of area denial, with repelling bastille catching enemies up in a cylinder that can get quite large, preventing them from moving or attacking
    Frost has the the standard snowglobe, which prevents enemy shots, but does not stop them from entering the globe themselves. It does however slow them down, by up to 75% depending on power strength, with an augment that will freeze 50% of the enemies that enter.
    Banshee can use her ult to prevent any enemies from advancing at an even larger range than the others, which isn't super great for excavation unless you have team mates to run for power cells. It's also super boring.
    Loki has irradiated disarm, nova has molecular prime, saryn has spores, mesa has... mesa, lots of frames can do it, many do it in an idealized fashion.

The reason folks complain, or like me, abort when a limbo is in group isn't because they simply want to enjoy the game. It's because limbo, with a few exceptions, is the only frame that removes agency from other people. Many frames change how the battlefield functions, but they do so in a way you can still manipulate and interact with normally. You may not enjoy speeding through a mission killing everything as fast as possible, but it's an effective choice. The players that do it see the product of that choice in the kills they get, the loot they acquire, how much they can do in general in any particular play session. Limbo removes the ability to make some of those choices.
    He really is the worst at everything he does, except trolling, which he can be amazing at. Don't get me wrong, he can effectively do the things, just not as well as other frames and with a price of reduced agency for the team mates.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    You know they changed Limbo's Stasis to not stop friendly projectiles anymore, and thus restoring all team members' ability to do stuff, right? He has literally no downside now*. Even before that, powers worked from within the Rift; nothing's killier than a Rift'd Mesa and her 4.

Limbo post-tweak is one of the best, safest frames for area denial CC.

*Console trolling notwithstanding.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I was working out what I needed to get to get some more MR and realised I never maxed Frost, Ember, Nova, Loki or Mag before I acquired the primed versions.

Going to do some farming today for them if anyone doesn't have them yet and wants to come along give me a heads up in game.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Nips wrote: »
    You know they changed Limbo's Stasis to not stop friendly projectiles anymore, and thus restoring all team members' ability to do stuff, right? He has literally no downside now. Even before that, powers worked from within the Rift; nothing's killier than a Rift'd Mesa and her 4.

Limbo post-tweak is one of the best, safest frames for area denial CC.

That's incorrect. Stasis wasn't the issue. I'm sure there were many people who didn't like it, for the same reasons they didn't like limbo for his initial powers, but it was just the tip of an iceberg.
    People stopped being willing to group with limbos long before stasis was a thing, because you cannot interact with things on the other plane from the one you're on, his ult is the biggest perpetrator in this case, and is the core issue for limbo.
    Neither loot, consoles, or enemies can be interacted with through his ult. Defense and excavation are the biggest pains for grouping with him, as you won't want to be away from the points. He's all downside, every thing he does is done better by another frame, with none of the cost except for say, frosts snowglobe not allowing friendly fire from entering from the outside, and a few other instances which are no where near as problematic.

EDIT: for sure you can use powers, many of them anyway, across the rift. The need to point out the exception proves the rule.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    starting to get to the point where im losing a lot of missions, im guessing ill need to buddy up with the clan more, since most of the missions i was losing couldnt find any randoms

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, does no one use the clan chat? I see most conversation happening in alliance chat.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    starting to get to the point where im losing a lot of missions, im guessing ill need to buddy up with the clan more, since most of the missions i was losing couldnt find any randoms

How far are you?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, does no one use the clan chat? I see most conversation happening in alliance chat.

Indeed. Alliance is full of various PA splinter clans and associates, so it's where you get to talk to the whole community.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I did the math last night after I got another statue as a sortie reward, and I have about 70k endo tied up in statues. Don't ask me why... I may have an issue. As one of the long time players on the ps4, if any of the new players need anything feel free to ask. Outside of the plains content I am rolling in crap. Sadly I work 3rd shift so actually finding a time I can be on is tricky.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, I booted this up for the first time in...3 years? Anyways I'm totally lost and it's great. Is there a PC clan? In-game ninja name is Spawnbroker.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Decided to hop back into this fresh on Xbox after putting a fair bit of time into the game on PC way back (up until Nekros release lol). I bounced off it on PC about a year ago because I was already a fair ways in, but the number of new things just overwhelmed me. Fresh start on Xbox has let me get my feet under me much better and I'm having fun. Plus my couch is comfortable, making for optimal space ninjaery. :)

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey everyone, I booted this up for the first time in...3 years? Anyways I'm totally lost and it's great. Is there a PC clan? In-game ninja name is Spawnbroker.

Invite sent, welcome back!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I finished the Jordas Precept today. The Golem was a pushover compared to what I remembered when the quest was new.
    Then I ran Jordas assassinations for Atlas parts, got really lucky and got everything I needed in 3 runs (how lucky isn't that?).
    Now, in 12 hours my components will be done and then I'll start cooking the One Punch Warframe.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    How do I make the most use of our clan, and how can I contribute as a Rank 3 new guy?

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    How do I make the most use of our clan, and how can I contribute as a Rank 3 new guy?

Ask for help when you need it, grab as many research blueprints as you can to build, and have fun. Don't hesitate to join when people ask if anyone wanna come long for something. Odds are you'll have fun. Or die horribly several times over to enemies way stronger than you can handle, but hey, fun!

Don't worry about contributing, we've got things like resource needs covered. Just, you know, pass it forwards when you join the ranks of veteran players with way too much of everything, and some new new people come along and ask for help. And join in for Clan events, if you can.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hmm. Eidolons are feeling like I'm just... existing?

I can hit the shield decently I guess with my amp now, but the synovia I feel like I'm just tickling, and then suddenly one blows up from someone else. What should I be focusing on to make those suffer?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I got back into it this morning. I got a space doggo egg and farmed for the blueprint for the incubator, now I need 100K more credits and an Argon Crystal for my space pupper!

Game is still fun! I have a maxed out Mag and currently working on a Rhino :)

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

I can hit the shield decently I guess with my amp now, but the synovia I feel like I'm just tickling, and then suddenly one blows up from someone else. What should I be focusing on to make those suffer?

I'm still very much at a similar stage as you, so I can't really give you precise explanation of how to make them suffer. That said, I believe the typical "one-shot" weapon vs. the synovia is a properly modded Lanka (or Vectis/Opticor) in conjunction with the abilities of either Chroma, Volt, or Harrow.

• Options

What role are you filling, or rather what frame are you playing while hunting eidolons? For most roles it's not important to damage the weak spots, though it's good to help. Mostly it's the chroma or rhino that do the damage.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I know this is a PA guild and all, but are there any rules about inviting friends in to the guild? I have four friends who all started playing as well and said I'd look in to it. (PC, btw)
    Names are:
    • Contemns
    • Spaghetti03
    • Sleepypirate
    • Damai86

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    We've got almost 200 open spots now so I say go nuts.

• Options

What role are you filling, or rather what frame are you playing while hunting eidolons? For most roles it's not important to damage the weak spots, though it's good to help. Mostly it's the chroma or rhino that do the damage.

Eh, I guess I want to be able to hurt the weak spots. But realistically I have all the stuff for Oberon support vuilds and may just focus on that then.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Is there any particular weapon or whatnot I can buy the blueprint for via the dojo that folks would recommend for a early player?

Because there are a lot.

EDIT: currently mastery 4 if that makes a difference. I see a bunch of stuff in the chem lab are rank 5+

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    @furion could i get a ps4 invite if there's room? Beefjerkyy

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    You can buy the Hek blueprint from the marketplace for credits if you haven't already, it'll be a bit before you get the syndicate version of it, and it's really quite good.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Is there any particular weapon or whatnot I can buy the blueprint for via the dojo that folks would recommend for a early player?

Because there are a lot.

EDIT: currently mastery 4 if that makes a difference. I see a bunch of stuff in the chem lab are rank 5+

Being in a similar position I've come to posit that the limiting factor for the dojo blueprints is getting a Forma to use in the crafting more than the mastery rank.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

Eh, I guess I want to be able to hurt the weak spots. But realistically I have all the stuff for Oberon support vuilds and may just focus on that then.

Unless the chroma in the party is doing an exceptionally bad job, you're not going to come close to their damage output regardless of what weapon you have. Best you can do is an idealized build for the lanka, vectis prime, opticor etc. Or play one of the dps roles.

Because there are a lot.

Most of the good dojo weapons are high mastery rank, only one that comes to mind at that rank worth using is the Guandao, which is fantastic at any rank.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I just started this yesterday because I was in the mood for some actiony grinding. I also watched the noclip documentary and was impressed as hell by the studio and all the cool stuff they are constantly injecting into the game.

I'm already on the wiki looking up how to get materials so I can make a Rhino.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Because there are a lot.

At Mastery rank 3 the Tonbo, Guandao and Nikana melee weapons are interesting (Tenno lab). They're good melee weapons, the Tonbo an Guandao are fairly similar polearms but the Guandao is a slower weapon that hits harder and has longer range, while the Tonbo is powerful status weapon with a strong focus on Slashing damage (one of the best status effects). The Nikana is a pretty good Katana (or Nikanas as they're called in this game). The Nikana is also required for building the Dragon Nikana (MR8) which is an even better Nikana. Otherwise the good stuff is 5+. The Ignis and Marelok are both MR5 and really really good stuff, so juuust out of reach. You do have the Quanta (energy lab) available to you, but it has pretty hefty building requirements (forma and 7 Fieldrons), and while it's a fun weapon it's also quirky and not a keeper since the quanta vandal is just better.

Right now at level 4 I'd recommend the Hek shotgun, the Vasto Pistol and Galatine sword (with Atterax, Nikana, Tonbo and Guandao as really good alternatives). The Hek, Vasto, Galatine and Atterax have their blueprints on the normal market, while Nikana, Tonbo and Guandao are Tenno Lab.
    The Vectis is also available, and one of the better sniper rifles, but sniper rifles are really special purpose in this game. The Vectis can be a really good rifle for protecting a defensive position with open lines (so Mars Excavation, Venus Defense and really good on the Plains of Eidolon etc) but fairly bad in fast moving and cramped situations. Also, not as good as a bow for spy missions (since bows like the Paris deal more damage more consistently once you have a ranked up Critical Chance mod).

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    But at rank 5. Ignis man, Ignis.

• Options
    But at rank 5. Ignis man, Ignis.

And Atomo, which is Ignis but a secondary and my gito weapon when leveling other slots.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    If you can trade for the components consider getting the Fluctus BP from the Tenno Lab. It is an archwing but it makes archwing a lot more tolerable.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Beefjerky wrote: »
    furion could i get a ps4 invite if there's room? Beefjerkyy

You can indeed. Make sure you are not in a clan already.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options

Unless the chroma in the party is doing an exceptionally bad job, you're not going to come close to their damage output regardless of what weapon you have. Best you can do is an idealized build for the lanka, vectis prime, opticor etc. Or play one of the dps roles.

Yeah, I'll probably just grab the Smite augment and run Oberon then with full support stuff then (already had revive augment). I have Zenurik stuff to keep up the energy to spam it out (or just crack gear, because the energy restore's pretty cheap to make a batch).

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Seriously considering getting the Wukong Warframe not because it looks op or has great abilities but because I want to be the cyber ninja monkey king.

pHWHd2G.jpg