As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    The idea of "if you're not contending, you might as well be losing" is so dumb.

Only one team out of thirty can win a ring every year.

Philly basketball is a lot of fun to watch right now and at the end of the day watching fun basketball is the most important thing.

It is incredibly not fun watching the current Sixers play basketball. Watching Harris get stuffed at the rim and miss every shot, Simmons being a useless offensive black hole, Embiid being good one of every 5 games when his legs work.

And they don’t get any better. Team is still a turnover machine, Simmons still can’t shoot more than 3 inches and is absolutely garbage at finishing at the rim for a guy his size.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I think we're watching different games.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Dang, tough loss for the Blazers. I thought the reffing was poor, but I'm pretty sure every losing fan has said that every game playoffs.

burbo on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Philly basketball is a lot of fun to watch right now and at the end of the day watching fun basketball is the most important thing.

It is incredibly not fun watching the current Sixers play basketball. Watching Harris get stuffed at the rim and miss every shot, Simmons being a useless offensive black hole, Embiid being good one of every 5 games when his legs work.

And they don’t get any better. Team is still a turnover machine, Simmons still can’t shoot more than 3 inches and is absolutely garbage at finishing at the rim for a guy his size.

I don't remember you saying anything after the two games the 76ers won.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Magell wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

I don't remember you saying anything after the two games the 76ers won.

Didn’t watch them because it has been painful to watch Sixers games generally in the playoffs. Only watched this game because someone I know couldn’t go so I ended up with a ticket.

Watched game 1 at a party, so I guess maybe my viewing the games is what is causing the Sixers to play like trash, idk.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I understand this is frustrating and feel bad asking, but could you please watch the next two games, then?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Embiid is a fucking force of nature every other game.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    It would be tough to replace Butler’s on-court contributions but he’s nuts. Philly would need to get rid of him extremely fast if he impedes Embiid any more than he already has.

I honestly see Simmons at his ceiling already if he can’t develop a jumper.

Harris seems to be “a guy” and Reddick warps the court offensively but is basically me on defense.

If Embiid can stay consistently healthy and avoid shitting himself half to death once a week, I could see them having less “star” power but building a far more cogent roster around him and maintaining their success.

This is also premature anyways as they’re probably going to beat Toronto.

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Embiid was +17, highest of anyone

• Options
    This group has not been together very long. Expecting them to be at their most efficient every game when this starting five had only played like 18 games together is totally unrealistic and unreasonable

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It’s kind of remarkable that the thing that might prevent Embiid from total dominance of the league is literal diarrhea

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    durant casually elbowing cp3 in the face hoping nobody notices

what a chump

• Options
    sinking to cp3's level isn't going to solve anything just makes everyone hate them both

• Options
    I dont need CP3 to be "solved". I'm happy to just experience the pure animal pleasure of him getting knocked around.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Did y'all curse Dame with this thread title

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Seriously. Denver is rolling right now.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Lillard looks like he's given up.

Maybe Blazers won't lose by thirty, but who can say.

• Options
    This game is depressing. There is not a single part of the game that is working for the blazers today.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Denver was a bad matchup for Portland once Nuric went down, so this isn’t surprising, and Portland still has taken a few games. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them force a 7th game.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Ultra Instinct Dame is maybe not the best player in the league but he is quite possibly the most terrifying

So if he shows up again all bets are off

• Options
    The Blazers only stand a chance when Dame is the best player in a series and right now Jokic is. Jokic is damn near averaging a triple double (a real one, not a Westbrook one) and shooting 50-38-85. Getting this sort of production from a center is absolutely unreal.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    why does Ben Simmons wear a shooting sleeve

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    Denver was a bad matchup for Portland once Nuric went down, so this isn’t surprising, and Portland still has taken a few games. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them force a 7th game.

It is surprising to see them play with zero heart and lose by 30. Watching them give up on defense is depressing. I didn't feel super bad after game 4, it was close, we made mistakes and missed some shots. This one was pretty demoralizing. Dunno how they get to game 7 tbh. "Wait for Dame to pull out of his slump" is not a great strat. We'll see I guess.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »

It is surprising to see them play with zero heart and lose by 30. Watching them give up on defense is depressing. I didn't feel super bad after game 4, it was close, we made mistakes and missed some shots. This one was pretty demoralizing. Dunno how they get to game 7 tbh. "Wait for Dame to pull out of his slump" is not a great strat. We'll see I guess.

There is a 100 million % chance Dame comes out on fire for game 6.

Game 5 was totally understandable. Played the longest game of your life only to go back to ALTITUDE the next game. Game 6 they’ll be fine, and I’m saying that as a Nuggets fan.

• Options
    The 4OT game was game 3. Game 4 was the Nuggets grinding out a win in the MODA Center. He's been off the whole series. I'm not optimistic, though I welcome your optimism! :D

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There are only villains in the Hou/GS series.

Except for Boogie of course

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Steph is cool.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Steph is cool.

I want to believe this because my son loves him but... I don't know.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    There are only villains in the Hou/GS series.

Except for Boogie of course

My dude Klay uses his fame to sell toasters.

He’s not a villain but a gigantic dweeb.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    the warriors have made basketball kinda boring due to their inevitability but i still can't really call them villains.

draymond is i guess, dude needs to stop trying to hurt people.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Draymond is a turd.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    CP3, Harden, Durant, and Draymond are obvious villains

Steph is a saint

PJ and Klay are just huge nerds

Xehalus on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I'm in the anyone but Houston camp.

I have problems with Boston and Philly but could live with it.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The talks between the Lakers and Lue have "hit an impasse" which is hilarious. They're already having problems and he's not even employed yet.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    The talks between the Lakers and Lue have "hit an impasse" which is hilarious. They're already having problems and he's not even employed yet.

It's because Lue doesn't want Jason Kidd on his staff. Which you know, good for Lue. "Hey, hire this guy to be your assistant, so when we start the season 6-12 you can hear rumors about him taking your job every single day".

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Steph and I have the same rare eye condition, diagnosed around the same time so I can’t not like him

not enough to cheer for him over the Raptors if they both make it to the finals, but still

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Steph and I have the same rare eye condition, diagnosed around the same time so I can’t not like him

not enough to cheer for him over the Raptors if they both make it to the finals, but still

Dude, you should try out for the NBA.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And now Ty Lue has informed the Lakers he's moving on and won't be their coach. Excellent.

Jason Kidd it is!

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Dude, you should try out for the NBA.

it’s true, my three-point % nearly doubled when I got my contacts

unfortunately that only took it up to around 5%, so I still need some practice

This discussion has been closed.