As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Wow, I didn't think it was possible to think less of Blake. A hip check like that (when you are getting blown out). He's not even looking at him, he's clearly not making a basketball play. Just hip checking a guy out of the air.

I don't see Melo playing in the NBA anymore. Thanks for the memories Melo! Lets see here, I remember fondly him beating Kansas in the 2003 title game (big for UNC coaching long term). And I remember him getting white hot from 3 once in a meaningless Olympic game. And...thats it.

In his honor, I have totally phoned in this thanks for the memories bit, as a sort of homage to how he played defense his whole life.

Octavian on
    PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    ugh trade is official and it popped up in my news feeds and now i'm just all angry again.

hate this shit.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Octavian wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't think it was possible to think less of Blake. A hip check like that (when you are getting blown out). He's not even looking at him, he's clearly not making a basketball play. Just hip checking a guy out of the air.

I don't see Melo playing in the NBA anymore. Thanks for the memories Melo! Lets see here, I remember fondly him beating Kansas in the 2003 title game (big for UNC coaching long term). And I remember him getting white hot from 3 once in a meaningless Olympic game. And...thats it.

In his honor, I have totally phoned in this thanks for the memories bit, as a sort of homage to how he played defense his whole life.

He was actually really good in Denver for most of his career there. He was a superb basketball talent whose competitiveness didn't extend to taking great care of his body as it aged or evolving his game as the league changed.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    In other "this is the NBA not the UFC" news, Lance Stephenson intentionally stepped on Jeremy Lin's Achilles/heel from behind.
    https://streamable.com/awsrr

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    There actually is a story on Bleacher Report that the 76ers are considering a waiver claim on Carmelo.

There’s no source identified, but I’m pretty sure it’s Carmelo Anthony.

I'm actually the source. I thought it'd be funny.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    How does he not get a whistle every time he shoots a free throw?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Good thing they don't call balks in the NBA.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    DO NOT seek out Caris LaVert videos. He got Hayward-ed.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    He gets practically everyone on both teams to cross the line before he releases the ball. What the hell are the refs supposed to do?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    does Fultz have nerve damage in his shoulder or something

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    DO NOT seek out Caris LaVert videos. He got Hayward-ed.

Fuuuuuck. That sucks so much.

• Options
    fultz is 200% cooked. hanlen is no longer talking to him and i will be shocked if he's getting minutes by christmas.

they need to just cut him and admit they whiffed and will never be good enough to compete for a championship because they whiffed on a #1 overall. i cannot fucking stand to watch this dude play basketball ever again.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I mean he seemed fine when he was drafted. Maybe a reach at 1, but definitely looked like an NBA talent.

That clip looks 100% like the yips. I used to be a legit trumpet player (degree in jazz trumpet) and I mostly gave it up because I developed a block about my first note in a phrase- I couldn’t use my tongue only in that first note, all other notes were fine. I see that happening to Fultz in that clip...

This shit is devastating

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    fultz is 200% cooked. hanlen is no longer talking to him and i will be shocked if he's getting minutes by christmas.

they need to just cut him and admit they whiffed and will never be good enough to compete for a championship because they whiffed on a #1 overall. i cannot fucking stand to watch this dude play basketball ever again.

You have any idea how badly Cleveland whiffed on high first round picks and still won a championship? They didn't draft Victor Oladipo because they were going all in on Deon fucking Waiters and instead picked Anthony Bennett who I think is in witness protection or something.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    have the Clippers and the Lakers both been good at the same time before

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    have the Clippers and the Lakers both been good at the same time before

The Lakers are good?

• Options
    I didn't say they were great

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I think the Lakers are good enough to snag the 8th seed.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Well yeah. Lebron isn't going to miss the playoffs.

• Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

You have any idea how badly Cleveland whiffed on high first round picks and still won a championship? They didn't draft Victor Oladipo because they were going all in on Deon fucking Waiters and instead picked Anthony Bennett who I think is in witness protection or something.

They had Lebron James.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    NBA Twitter is happily bathing in reports of the KG/Draymond spat from last night.

Every single fanbase: "More. Tell me all about the yelling. Hit me with the post-game locker room rumors. Give me details on Green sitting tonight. Yesssssss."

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Draymond wasn't staying in his lane

he had a killer in the backcourt with him and dribbled on his foot

• Options
    Wolves dropped 38 in the 1st quarter

I think they'll be fine

• Options
    OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    I think I might actually side with Draymond in this. The warriors are supposed to push the pace (why everyone else ran and they didnt call timeout), and KD was hanging out in the backcourt clapping his hands. Maybe if he had run to shooting position, he would have been available for Dray to pass to?

Also, Dray has won the last 4 championships in a row, I might defer to him. (Technically he won the second one in that series FOR the other team by trying to punch Lebron in the junk, but that still counts as winning it)

PSN: TitusPullo13
  • Options
    Octavian wrote: »
    I think I might actually side with Draymond in this. The warriors are supposed to push the pace (why everyone else ran and they didnt call timeout), and KD was hanging out in the backcourt clapping his hands. Maybe if he had run to shooting position, he would have been available for Dray to pass to?

Also, Dray has won the last 4 championships in a row, I might defer to him. (Technically he won the second one in that series FOR the other team by trying to punch Lebron in the junk, but that still counts as winning it)

There are two things going on:

(1) The correct basketball play
    (2) The correct way to interact with teammates

#1 has absolutely no bearing on #2. The issue with Draymond is that apparently what he did was so bad that it necessitated the team fining and suspending him. Teams want to win. They generally don't fine or suspend their best players unless they absolutely have to.

Also, it's entirely possible for both people to be wrong. There doesn't always have to be a good guy and a bad guy. KD might not have made the ideal basketball play, but that's something that happens over the course of every game, and something you resolve on a regular basis in game review, practice, meetings, etc. That doesn't justify being a dick.

Being right never justifies being a dick.

• Options
    Melo's out of Houston

• Options
    Melo's out of Houston

Odds on him retiring?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Less than 1%

There's teams rumored to still be interested in his services. Namely, the Lakers and Blazers.

• Options
    I bet he goes to Miami

• Options
    Yeah. Someone still give Melo a chance. He's still a big enough to at least be a draw for ticket sales.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I bet he goes to Miami

South Florida is where all the olds go

Wait, also “parted ways” means still being paid by Houston indefinitely...they haven’t released him but are admitting they want nothing to do with him being on the court.

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    it's a nice way of saying eventually on waivers

probably a request by the Rockets GM

Xehalus on
  • Options
    There's lots of noise now that nobody wants Melo.

So he may very well end up retiring or going to China or something.

• Options
    There's lots of noise now that nobody wants Melo.

So he may very well end up retiring or going to China or something.

source?

• Options
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    god, please not portland

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Kemba put up 60 and the Hornets lost their 6th game by 4 or fewer points.

• Options
    Rockets looked like the Rockets

and I think Clint Capella just hit a limit break

• Options
    The hornets court is a warcrime.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.