As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    The Rockets had an entire memo contending that the refs cost them a finals appearance last year and it's so embarrassing that I hope they never win another game.

How does the memo explain going 7-44 from three in game 7 and missing 23 straight? Trevor Ariza went 0-10 because of officiating?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Butters wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    The Rockets had an entire memo contending that the refs cost them a finals appearance last year and it's so embarrassing that I hope they never win another game.

How does the memo explain going 7-44 from three in game 7 and missing 23 straight? Trevor Ariza went 0-10 because of officiating?

The Refs were playing help defense

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    lol scott foster is reffing the warriors rockets game tonight.

entire rockets starting lineup gonna get double techs

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Indiana governor Eric Holcomb is expected to sign a bill giving the Pacers ownership $600M in subsidies including $295M in immediate tax payer money to keep the Indiana Pacers playing in same city they've always played since 1967.

https://deadspin.com/pay-to-play-is-the-stadium-grift-that-keeps-on-giving-1834338811#reader_0813533430

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    don't give billion dollar organizations public subsidies.

the pacers are worth 1.4 billion dollars, and they were purchased for 10 million dollars. they can afford stadium renovations if they want them, especially since they pay a grand total of 1 dollar a year in rent.

this shit should be illegal.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Earlier this year a bill to raise teachers pay failed on the state legislature floor. Approximate cost of that was $100M over several years.

Meanwhile I know a school principal in Kokomo, Indiana that can't find good candidates for his openings because starting pay is less than $17 an hour.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    eat the rich

• Options
    this warriors rockets series fucking sucks.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

we got bloodshed and dislocated bones tonight, what more could you ask for?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Chris Paul, ladies and gentlemen:
    https://streamable.com/hwqi7

• Options
    edited May 2019
    the president of the players association

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Chris Paul?!?!

https://streamable.com/ucxar

Again?!?!?! I'm so surprised!!!!

• Options
    the NBA is rigged

• Options

good basketball please

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    There was also the little jump clap cheerleader dance thing he did when Harden was fouled on a 3-pointer. Anyone have a gif of that one?

• Options
    Look, if we didn't put up with Chris Paul we never would have gotten the secret passageway incident in Los Angeles which was hilarious

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular

good basketball please

Game 2 was officiated just fine, and plenty of good basketball was on display. We're pretty lucky that a team as entertaining as the Warriors is the world-beating juggernaut of this era, and not a squad like the Rockets. Root against them all you want, but their style is far from degenerate, and it's a genuine pleasure to watch generational talents like Curry or Durant in their prime. Harden too, at times.

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »

good basketball please

Game 2 was officiated just fine, and plenty of good basketball was on display. We're pretty lucky that a team as entertaining as the Warriors is the world-beating juggernaut of this era, and not a squad like the Rockets. Root against them all you want, but their style is far from degenerate, and it's a genuine pleasure to watch generational talents like Curry or Durant in their prime. Harden too, at times.

officiating was fine, but the basketball was pretty ugly. hilarious amount of turnovers for the rockets and second chance points for the warriors with all those offensive rebounds, but the warriors couldn't really shoot and mostly were relying on KD being better than everyone in iso combined with the rockets forgetting how to play defense and giving up easy rim runs.

just was shittier basketball than i expected after the WCF last year.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The Celtics lost game 2 miserably and absolutely deserved the loss but good gravy was the officiating terrible. It made the game nearly unwatchable. I just don't understand how it gets to the point that you just have to let a star like Giannis do whatever he wants because otherwise you're getting called for a foul. It was completely out of hand, but probably didn't affect the outcome of the game just how much fun it was to watch.

• Options
    I still think the refs let the Rockets back into it at the end of Game 2 just to cover the spread.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
  • Options
    They should toss Siakam for that

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Then Siakam with the trip. Getting chippy

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Both Simmons and Siakam should have been tossed already.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    They should toss Siakam for that

The Rockets are writing up the referee report as we speak.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Suns will hire Monty Williams and are finalizing a deal.

Lakers are going to hire Ty Lue but haven't given him an offer yet per Woj.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Offer is contingent on how many of Lebron's bags he's willing to carry.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Portland defeats Denver in only the second 4 OT playoff game in NBA history. The other one was in 1953.

This team, man.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    ALSO! Jokic played SIXTY. FIVE. GODDAMN. MINUTES.

Number of centers that have done that in NBA history: zero.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    I am died now.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh man, Steph.

Ouch.

• Options
    I loved that. A nice bit of humbling for the pious little cocky motherfucker.

Last harden bucket was def a charge tho.

• Options
    burbo wrote: »
    I loved that. A nice bit of humbling for the pious little cocky motherfucker.

Last harden bucket was def a charge tho.

Make up for the totally incorrectly called foul on rivers. Durant kicked him in the butt and somehow 3 shots.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    True

• Options
    Tobias Harris is beyond trash. 2-12 from 3 constantly wide, wide open.

Garbage player, I hope to god he walks in FA so I don’t have to see his useless ass ever again.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe you'll get what you want and lose Harris, Butler, and Simmons. Then your team will surely be awesome!

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Maybe you'll get what you want and lose Harris, Butler, and Simmons. Then your team will surely be awesome!

and win exactly as many championships.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

and win exactly as many championships.

Ringz culture is the worst.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The idea of "if you're not contending, you might as well be losing" is so dumb.

Only one team out of thirty can win a ring every year.

Philly basketball is a lot of fun to watch right now and at the end of the day watching fun basketball is the most important thing.

This discussion has been closed.