As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    No! They can't have Russ!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    correct, that was the conclusion that was reached

still though, it would have been kind of neat having him in Toronto. Auston Matthews, star of the Maple Leafs and probably the best American player in the NHL right now is a HUGE Westbrook fan.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    The way I got that alert from Bleacher Report read as the Raptors didn't want to do the trade

Goose! on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I can't believe Paul George pulled more than AD in a trade. Like WAY more

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I can't believe Paul George pulled more than AD in a trade. Like WAY more

AD didn't come with a free Kawhi though

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Clips had better trade assets than Lakers?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Lakers are keeping Javale.

Championship locked.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    JaVale actually won the Warriors some games?

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

They didnt want him.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »

They didnt want him.

Good! They can't have him!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    No one does. Russ' game is falling off a cliff

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Just occurred to me that PGs's last play in a Thunder uniform will always be Dame burying the game winner in his face.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Only so long a body can put up with that kind of physical toll.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Also: tomorrow is officially Paul George Day in OKC. The mayor had a proclamation and everything.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I am rooting for the Clippers now because the idea of everyone (or as many as possible) that played with Russ in OKC getting rings elsewhere is kind of funny to me

• Options
  • Options
    Boogie to the Lakers is a good piece. I think he started to get back to form in the finals last year. I assume he'll only improve going forward... Maybe

• Options
    That's a tall squad now. Javale, AD, Boogie. Guessing Javale winds up coming in off the bench but still.

• Options
    Rondo back to LA. Sure, why not?

• Options
    Ivica Zubac signed a 4 year, $28 million deal with the Clippers.

• Options
    Boogie/AD/LeBron/Green/???

vs

Zubac/Harrell/Kawhi/PG/Beverly

• Options
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Boogie/AD/LeBron/Green/???

vs

Zubac/Harrell/Kawhi/PG/Beverly

You forgot All World Lou Williams

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Who needs a defense anyways

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    This Lakers team is going to be so spectacularly not good.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Sure would be nice to spread some of the talent to the East. There's going to be teams in the west that miss the playoffs better than the east's #1seed

The east's #1 seed is likely Milwaukee or Philadelphia, and both of those teams are gonna be pretty good, probably

• Options
    Los Angeles Pelicans

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    So that was worth the wait. Can't wait for the season to start.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    LeBron wrote:
    Everybody in the East thinks they can get to the Finals because they ain’t gotta go through me.
    nq3ese3js4hy.jpg

/doesn't make playoffs trying to carry a terrible Lakers team that he signed off on

/further destroys the Lakers trying to get AD

/finally gets AD
    Clippers wrote:
    ammejvms5lw4.jpg

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I got a raptors champions hat and new age legend Siakim so thank your for the wonderful year Kawhi not a year will pass where I don't shout praise for you to the great Northern sky

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Los Angeles Pelicans

New Orleans Dookies

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Sure would be nice to spread some of the talent to the East. There's going to be teams in the west that miss the playoffs better than the east's #1seed

The east's #1 seed is likely Milwaukee or Philadelphia, and both of those teams are gonna be pretty good, probably

It just drastically drops from there. My heat are looking like 4-5 right now from what I can tell and they're still probably like a 45 win team.

• Options
    I just read the Rockets are pursuing Westbrook.

Holy shit would Harden and Westbrook on the same team again be DISASTROUS.

• Options
    There’s 2 real good teams in the East, 4 good, and then it’s all butts:

Finals Contenders:
    Bucks
    Sixers

50+ wins:
    Nets
    Celtics (they’re still full of good players y’all)
    Raptors (see above)
    Pacers (Oladipo back)

Then, maybe the Florida teams (I think Jim Butts is bad and the Heat will be bad, and the Magic are irrelevant)

Then the Young Hawks

Also for laughs let’s remember the rest of the East:
    Detroit
    Charlotte
    Washington
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    New York

The dreck at the bottom makes you forget there’s a shit ton of talent and goodness at the top

• Options
    Detroit isn't in the dreck

• Options
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Nets are not a 50 win team without Durant. Zero defense, and not a good enough offense to counter that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Bleacher Report alert just told me the starting back court for the Lakers will be LeBron and Danny Green.

This discussion has been closed.