As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Oh and about "Lakers are legit" - how? I mean, sure, they have LeBron and Davis, but what else? Isn't the rest a bunch of scrubs?

There also isn’t a clear “the team” in the West
    The Jazz, Blazers and Nuggs are mostly the same but regressed
    Houston is going to Houston but they’re also working through swapping CP for Russ
    The Clippers are probably still the team to beat but are just trying to get dudes on the floor at the same time
    The Mavs are like the first Lebron Cavs team (With KP as an upgrade over Ilgauskas), we’ll see if they can sustain

There’s been a good amount of roster change in the East as well, other than Milwaukee

It’s cool that the NBA is kind of wide open. Thank Kawhi the dynasty-killer.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fact of the matter is... You could pick any 3 people from the thread, put them on the court with Lebron and AD and that team will win 40 games.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The wolves lurking around the 6-8 seed feels about right to me

If they can add a true third option behind KAT and this potentially revamped wiggins they're a decent team

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Revamped Wiggins?

Looks like he got a post move? He’s upped his percentage of shots from 3-10 ft and 3pt, with half as many dunk attempts or 10-20 foot shots. That’s good progression!

There used to be a paragraph here but I’m stupid

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Ok, had a look at the Lakers roster just now. Not the best players in the world, but a bunch of people that know how to play and veterans that accept a their role player status (Danny Green, Howard, Rondo, McGee, Cousins).

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Cousins hasn't and likely won't play this year, but you also missed Avery Bradley who I've always liked.

Also, is Caruso actually good, or is it just the same thing as always where the white bench guys get this huge cult following for being just so gosh darn scrappy and lunch pail?

burbo on
  • Options
    I think Caruso’s appeal is he looks like the guy running the overnight shift at the corner stab-and-grab but can dunk from the 3-pt line

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    Cousins hasn't and likely won't play this year, but you also missed Avery Bradley who I've always liked.

Also, is Caruso actually good, or is it just the same thing as always where the white bench guys get this huge cult following for being just so gosh darn scrappy and lunch pail?

Caruso got his cult following because he’s this unassuming, balding white guy who will suddenly throw down a damn hammer on an unsuspecting defense.

But beyond that, he’s actually an excellent rotation piece who actually complements Lebron and AD best on the court because he doesn’t need the ball to work on offense and is a long, solid defender who can switch down to a 4 if necessary and hold his own. A Caruso/LBJ/Green/AD/Howard lineup is absolutely gross defensively and has blown the doors off some teams recently.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    So, for the "good or white" explanation for his popularity, sounds like a little of column A, a little of column B.

• Options
    I mean

There are a ton of good white players that don’t have this type of following

It’s less his whiteness and more his ... slobbyness

It’s a little like Jokic only Jokic’s game doesn’t lend itself to viral moments like Caruso dunking from 27 feet out does

• Options
    His nickname is Bald Mamba, not White Mamba for example

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Fact of the matter is... You could pick any 3 people from the thread, put them on the court with Lebron and AD and that team will win 40 games.

I have a bad knee, so maybe 35 games.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i'd get roasted so hard by even the shittiest basketball player in the nba that they'd have to bury my ashes outside the building after one possession.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Caruso can dunk

bitches love dunks

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Caruso can dunk

bitches love dunks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6sdHrt5TwU

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i'd get roasted so hard by even the shittiest basketball player in the nba that they'd have to bury my ashes outside the building after one possession.

Yeah. My brain protests "you could probably foul them!" but I know that what would actually happen is I'd be juked out of existence due to the general embarrassment of the universe on my behalf

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Caruso can dunk

bitches love dunks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6sdHrt5TwU

I’m pretty sure that’s 100% of his dunks this season btw

Edit. Welp yep of course that’s what the thumbnail says disregard this east coast idiot who only follows Caruso via the videos you all share in here cause he plays past my bedtime

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    People tend to forget that even the lowest player on a pro sports team's roster were most likely 4-5 star recruits in college, played pro overseas, or was/is an elite athlete to begin with.

• Options
    And may also smoke 2 packs and eat a box of donuts a day like Jokic

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    People tend to forget that even the lowest player on a pro sports team's roster were most likely 4-5 star recruits in college, played pro overseas, or was/is an elite athlete to begin with.

Imagine how good the best guy on your high school team was. Every college team is made up of those guys. Now imagine that one that guy that stood out from them. NBA benches are filled with those guys. The absolute best of those guys could be starters. Then those guys are gonna get trashed by all stars. The skill gap is massive.

• Options
    Oh man I just remembered Manu’s bald spot

• Options
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    On what planet is that not an and-one. You don't need to be a superstar to get that call...

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I always loved how brian scalabrine got so tired of being called a scrub, benchwarmer, etc that he took on all comers at a public court (and wrecked them all of course)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options

The speed that Morant goes from on the ground to 27 feet off the ground is unreal

Baynes still doesn’t even know what just happened by the time Morant has already come back to earth

• Options
    embiid is good at basketball.

god damn

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    That’s stupid

• Options
    I was at the Sixers game tonight and I think 3 months passed during the 4th quarter. Someone said there were 44 fts in the 4th on the train. Seems a little high but it sure felt like it.

Dreadful quarter.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Kings continuing to beat (or lose by single baskets to) good teams and lose to bad teams.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    With Luka out (ankle sprain) Porzingis does his best impression.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    I guess he really wanted to be on a poster instead of trying to block the dunk.

• Options
    He beat him to the spot, could have drawn a charge if he didn’t go full shaqtin

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah all he had to do was stand still...

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Unfortunate that Luka went out right as they were starting their run against all the top Eastern Conference teams.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Mavs came back from 24 down to take lead but end up losing by 4 to Miami.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Speaking of legit - Bucks are on a 14 game winning streak at the moment.

Make that 18 games now. Tied for 11th longest streak in NBA history. A couple of wins more and they match their own streak from the 1970-71 season, their first title season.

Lets see if Doncic-less Mavs can stop that streak or not.

This discussion has been closed.