As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Atlanta just got the 8 seed in the East. Congratulations.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

I feel bad for Isaiah given how much he played through and what happened to him afterwards.

His condition after surgery would be better if he had had the operation earlier instead of continuing to play but man, he is going to be the poster child going forward for agents to show their players and tell them not to risk playing through injury or without being fully recovered.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Kelor wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

I feel bad for Isaiah given how much he played through and what happened to him afterwards.

His condition after surgery would be better if he had had the operation earlier instead of continuing to play but man, he is going to be the poster child going forward for agents to show their players and tell them not to risk playing through injury or without being fully recovered.

More like fuck teams, don’t give a shit what they are asking for, get your money.

That Boston shit was cold as FUCK.

Smart, but nigh irresponsibly inhumane.

Transporter on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I mean before kawhi went all trade me, I didn’t blame him for sitting, because, Isaiah

To be honest though I’m 99% sure the Celtics trade him even if he’s totally healthy. Even more likely, since his value would’ve been higher. They didn’t want to pay Isaiah

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Butler was gonna turn down the extension no matter what. He stands to make way more money to sign a new contract with whoever next season, even if its the TWolves.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Turn down for what?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2018

if he can stay healthy the Bulls should make a run

their lottery pick Wendell Carter Jr looks like a force

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    A run to where?

• Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Not a bad idea for the Bulls really. Either he finally gets a full year healthy and lives up to his potential, or he doesn't and they keep stacking high picks and only have to pay him 1 more year and it's an expiring deal which could have some use for balancing out taking on a bad deal with more years in it for some picks like the Nets are all about now.

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    Turn down for what?

More money if he signs a max deal next year. Like 140/4 or 188/5 if he stays with the Wolves.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    A run to where?

Mediocrity in the east

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    A run to where?

Mediocrity in the east

That’s maybe home court in the playoffs

everyone forgets about The Finisher

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Bulls still not a top 4 seed in east

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    This might be one of my favourite NBA short bits of video

https://streamable.com/mrcot

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    gonna have to go with
    https://gfycat.com/HeartfeltGloomyIndianrhinoceros
    all time winner

aeNqQM9.jpg
    The Cleveland Cavaliers have waived veteran center Kendrick Perkins, the team announced Tuesday.

Perkins was signed by the team on the final day of the regular season and did not play a single minute in the 2018 postseason.

end of an era

Kawhi/derozan deal may happen as soon as today - and “neither is expressing enthusiasm”

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Why would Toronto agree to that if Kawhi made it clear he wants to play for LA? And give up DeMar DeRozan in the process?

While I think DeMar likes Toronto, I’d honestly be pretty happy to go somewhere warm to play for Pop...

TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Why would Toronto agree to that if Kawhi made it clear he wants to play for LA? And give up DeMar DeRozan in the process?

Going for it, mostly. They wanna mix things up, they could easily make a finals with kawhi, and who knows, maybe if you do you can convince him to stay

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Kawhi is a finals MVP

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

People said the same about Paul George.

If they somehow kept anunoby (and siakam) that team has some ridic defensive upside

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Full deal:

Kawhi & Danny Green to Toronto
    Derozan, Jakob Poeltl, & a '19 1st round pick to San Antonio

EDIT: pick has Top 20 protection, becomes 2 2nd round picks after 1 year

Goose! on
  • Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Watch DeRozan and SA turn into a perennial contender for the next decade.

Watch DeRozan and SA turn into a perennial contender for the next decade.

What makes you think the Spurs of all franchises can retool and remain competitive over a long period of time?

Their 37 playoff appearances in their 41 year history? Pffffttt

edited July 2018
    I mean, they didn't have Tim Duncan (or Kawhi) fall into their lap this time. And the West is probably the toughest it's ever been in league history.

Demar has to face LeBron again.

Goose! on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    If they somehow kept anunoby (and siakam) that team has some ridic defensive upside

:)

This still feels like a "win now" move by the Raptors. Maybe if they make it to the finals they can convince Kawhi to stay, but that's far from guaranteed. All in on this year.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

:)

This still feels like a "win now" move by the Raptors. Maybe if they make it to the finals they can convince Kawhi to stay, but that's far from guaranteed. All in on this year.

They're only trading two years of Demar for one year of Kawhi and that's after benching Demar in arguably the most important playoff quarter in franchise history.

Misleading Derozan is shitty but the trade itself is a worthwhile gamble. They get significantly better in the first year LeBron is out of the picture in the East and despite Leonard's alleged intentions I think Toronto could have a strong case once he's gotten the chance to leave the meat grinder that is the Western Conference.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Toronto gonna be good. I think it’s a real smart move though I also have always been super down on derozan

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I'm betting Kawhi declines.

Kawhi leaked to ESPN he doesn't want to play in Toronto. Either he's trying to kill the deal or he's trying to get Toronto to flip him to LA.

This discussion has been closed.