As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    RIP to one of my favorite internet videos.

https://youtu.be/KCj0lTBQPaw

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I guess "refused to show credentials" is the "he reached for my weapon" when there are 19,500 witnesses

How were they to know that they'd get in trouble for harassing this particular black man?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dominique managed an Achilles' injury and came back strong but it didn't last long. Not necessarily because of the Achilles

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Didn't Kobe also come back from an Achilles injury? Not that anyone is as insane as Kobe is.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Didn't Kobe also come back from an Achilles injury? Not that anyone is as insane as Kobe is.

He came back but his scoring averages were consistently lower after the injury.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Kobe was older but also not 7 feet tall

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and like 40 first round picks.

Or 3...whichever

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Josh something too

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Lakers in 6

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and like 40 first round picks.

Or 3...whichever
    The New Orleans Pelicans have agreed to a deal to trade Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks -- including the No. 4 overall selection in next week's draft, league sources tell ESPN.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Thinking they get Chris Paul but the lakers have like potato chip crumbs from between couch cushions to offer at this point

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Bron - AD - Kyrie could be interesting. Or Bron - AD - Kemba. Or Bron - AD - Butler.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    So in the end they dont need to include Kuzma?

That's an easy yes for the Lakers.

• Options
    So the most important thing

Has anyone got Lavar Ball’s opinion on this yet?

• Options
    So the most important thing

Has anyone got Lavar Ball’s opinion on this yet?

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/lavar-ball-upset-lonzo-traded-pelicans/500277

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Remember when people were like, "OMG what are the Pelicans thinking there's no way they can do better than the entire Lakers roster of dumpster fire trash players?!?!"

How about not taking on bad salary and just straight up taking better first round draft picks instead?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Angry wrote: »
    So in the end they dont need to include Kuzma?

That's an easy yes for the Lakers.

Still going to be tough to fill the roster out with so few picks left. At this rate they'll be trading a 2027 pick for a backup point guard

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Or eat a $2 million luxury tax bill for Jose Calderon or something

• Options
    Lakers are gonna have to go over the cap

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    No one else may have Jimmy Buckets please and thank you.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Last update is they're going after Kemba

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Kemba, AD and LeBron is a ridiculously exciting trio of players to have on the same team

And at least one of them still gives a shit about defense for now!

Also is it possible within the known constraints of the universe to put Jim Butts on a roster that has/recently had Rondo, Beasley, JaVale and Lance?

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    I can't wait til someone hands Lavar Ball a mic.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Lakers kinda have to swing now. Lebron's not getting younger, and the team that's won the conference for the past half decade is down at least two of its best players for most of the year. If they don't sign Lebron last year, it's...a different story, but if you have Lebron, you kinda can't build for the future, anymore. You gotta go for it.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

I'd be happy if nobody ever handed Lavar Ball a mic again.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Kemba is a good player and a fantastic human being but I believe he's just too much of a defensive liability to ever be worth taking at his perceived value on the market. He puts in a ton of effort but literally everyone just shoots over him.

• Options
    Kemba is a good player and a fantastic human being but I believe he's just too much of a defensive liability to ever be worth taking at his perceived value on the market. He puts in a ton of effort but literally everyone just shoots over him.

Everyone? Do you shoot over him?

• Options

I can't stand him but this next rant will be an epic meme.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I’m personally glad I don’t have to deal without Lavar for a long time.

When Lonzo was at UCLA one of my jobs was the “Lavar Beat”, which was chronicling things he said to the media because they got a ton of page clicks. It was certainly an experience.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I can imagine New Orleans sports beat writers already drawing straws.

• Options

I'd keep Lavar away from Zion.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish people would stop broadcasting things lavar says. please.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Rob P is the new Billy King, but I guess you do what you have to do.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Guess the Lakers aren’t planning on drafting Bronny then

• Options
    I predict Anthony Davis averages 40 pts a game next season

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

I'd keep Lavar away from Zion.

Christ, i hadn’t thought about that. Why would any team want Lavar anywhere near their young impressionable players.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Durant and Klay's injuries opened up the Western Conference to the field next season. Lakers are shooting their shot.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Pelicans sure better end up good with all those assets and an incoming #1 overall

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.