As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    LeBron in Toronto.

LeBron can't knock the Raptors out of the playoffs if he's playing for the Raptors.

Uhh he could totally knock them out while playing for them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Really tempted to get a CP3 jersey as my first-ever sports jersey

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    But he is meeting with Philly today.

That's what I want. I just think it would be a fun as hell team to watch.

CORRECTION: He is not. His team is.

it feels like its to put the screws to the lakers to get kawhi. there's so much leaking simply for leverage atm

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I really hope the sixers don’t unload everything for kawhi without a sign and trade. Dude is gonna bail in a year and he’s spotty injury wise on a team who has almost preternatural bad injury luck.

No thank you.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I really hope the sixers don’t unload everything for kawhi without a sign and trade. Dude is gonna bail in a year and he’s spotty injury wise on a team who has almost preternatural bad injury luck.

No thank you.

i don't think he can sign the full supermax extension until next year, so i don't think any team is getting a sign and trade, or any guarantee he stays that he can't renege on. can you even sign and trade an extension? I have no idea

i don't want the celtics to get him either

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    put kawhi and lebron on the same team, and use what salary remains to sign an entire team of people where the only criteria are 3pt shooting and free throw shooting

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    put kawhi and lebron on the same team, and use what salary remains to sign an entire team of people where the only criteria are 3pt shooting and free throw shooting

aka the rockets except LeBron over CP3.

edited July 2018
    Brons a laker, 4 years $154 mil

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuck. How am I supposed to enjoy basketball now?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Guess LeBron's Finals streak is over.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    ok now get Kawhi

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Guess LeBron's Finals streak is over.

The Western conference is going to be bananas next season.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Opt out clause included for the fourth year

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    So 3 years of LeBron in LA, just long enough for the NBA to lose the 1 and done rule and him to go play with the team that drafts his son.

EDIT: Is his son a freshman in HS yet? Maybe he opts in and then leaves in '22

Goose! on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I’ve been waiting for it to be official, and now I can say this:

Y’all can kiss my ass LAKERS BABY WE WINNING IT ALL THIS YEAR!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited July 2018
    Nirya wrote: »

On what planet is the current Lakers supporting roster better than what he had in Cleveland? They're still barely WCF material at this point.

Goose! on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

On what planet is the current Lakers supporting roster better than what he had in Cleveland? They're still barely WCF material at this point.

Well for one, the Lakers don’t have JR Smith.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This feels like a business decision for Lebron rather than a championship decision.

This feels like a business decision for Lebron rather than a championship decision.

I'd say it's more a family decision, but he didn't mind getting the bigger contract for it.

if the Lakers can get Boogie they would be the favorites imo

I think Lebron might be done toiling and is ready to enjoy himself

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Poor Luke Walton

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Now that we got the minor Lebron news out of the way, where's the Space Jam 2 trailer

If they get Boogie... I don't know what I'll do. They always have one player I hate. For years it was Kobe. Now it's Lonzo.

But if they have Boogie and Lebron... I think I'd have to root for them?

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    If Lenord Joins Bron in LA, this is an operational move, to troll Skip Bayless.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Caldwell-Pope has also signed with the Lakers

get Boogie this year and make a run

get Kawhi next year and definitely win

don't let Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo, and Randle go

Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    If Lenord Joins Bron in LA, this is an operational move, to troll Skip Bayless.

They'd be giving him a gift. I've not watched anything the man has said RE: Kawhi but he's gotta be Skip's public enemy number 2 (behind LeBron, of course) for forcing his way off his favorite team. He's probably taking the side Spurs fans have that Kawhi "quit" on the team, which is bullshit to me. So he'd be thrilled to have his 2 most hated players on the same squad.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I think this is pretty clearly a "family and brand" move over anything else. I'm sure he will still work like a dog to bring a championship, but I don't think he'll be all that cut up about not getting one. if the championship was the #1 priority, he wouldn't be in LA right now.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I think this is pretty clearly a "family and brand" move over anything else. I'm sure he will still work like a dog to bring a championship, but I don't think he'll be all that cut up about not getting one. if the championship was the #1 priority, he wouldn't be in LA right now.

I'm not sure there's a championship decision to be made this year. Houston isn't going to ditch Harden and every other possible destination falls very short of GSW talent wise. Maybe Boston with him on it is a contender on paper but the Kyrie beef kills that.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited July 2018
    watch Kobe come out of retirement

Xehalus on
    Butters wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »

I'm not sure there's a championship decision to be made this year. Houston isn't going to ditch Harden and every other possible destination falls very short of GSW talent wise. Maybe Boston with him on it is a contender on paper but the Kyrie beef kills that.

He signs a 1+1 again if that's the reasoning, not a 3+1.

ESPN keeps trying to cut to Stephen A and are having technical problems

this has been the best part of this

LeBron's gone on record as wanting to play on the same team as his son, though, so he'll probably stick around for that at least

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    LeBron's gone on record as wanting to play on the same team as his son, though, so he'll probably stick around for that at least

Gonna be weird seeing LeBron play in China.

This discussion has been closed.