As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    The Dallas/Denver game was really good.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Embiid and KAT just threw some fisticuffs.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Embiid and KAT just threw some fisticuffs.

KAT actually threw a punch, embiid mostly just did standard nba player grappling.

Simmons actually put KAT in a headlock when he was trying to keep fighting.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It was pretty legit for an NBA fight.

• Options
    ya true, given the standard it was pretty aggressive.

i'm pissed that embiid even bothered to rise to it. were already crushing them by 20 no need for that. hoping for no suspensions.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Yeah most scuffles in NBA are the "hold me back, bro!" shove fests.

• Options
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Goddammit, if Harden was in the 90's NBA, Charles Oakley would've put him in a grave!

And David Stern would've 💯 approve of that.

When one makes Reggie Miller and Manu Ginobili look like saints in comparison. Harden sucks.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Harden ended up with 19 points with two made shots in the first game back this season, pretty much sums it up.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    The Suns are DESTROYING the Warriors.

Currently 86-59 in the 3rd.

And Curry might have fucked up his wrist bad.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Klay Thompson the real MVP

Xehalus on
  • Options
    well that opens up a slot

• Options
    gsw about to go from the best team in history to #1 overall pick in like a quarter season.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Not only did we get a ring but we have the beloved new possible king of the east in Siakam and I'm getting to hype but I love watching him play and you can't stop me

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ugh, embiid and kat are having a dumb fight on social media which would be really funny if it wasn't after they had an actual fight. bet if neither of them did or said anything for 24 hours they don't get suspended, but there's no way they don't get 2-3 games at this rate.

nba too skittish about this shit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Dang, apparently more than half of the writers at deadspin quit in solidarity with their fired editor yesterday. It's terrible what's happened over there. One of my faves sites just being dismantled.

• Options
    one day all news websites will just tell you you've won a prize

and we'll get the news from vape clouds

• Options
    bleh, 2 games for embiid and kat. dumb.

they both could have walked out of there with 1 if they hadn't been idiots after the fact.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Should have been 10 minimum for both, more for embiid for the thumb

2 each and nothing for Simmons is going to make the next meeting so much worse

• Options
    Should have been 10 minimum for both, more for embiid for the thumb

2 each and nothing for Simmons is going to make the next meeting so much worse

brandon ingram got 4 last year for running across the entire court to full on superman punch a guy in the back of the head. You can kill a man like that.

10 would be an insane punishment. Simmons didn't even do anything, just trying to get KAT away from everyone. They're friends.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Yeah Ingram's suspension should have been the full season

These two will not learn anything from this and will endanger each other's careers next time

• Options
    unlikely, the nba will gladly just double tech either of them if they as much as sneeze at each other, and they don't play until march anyway.

idk i watched plenty of 90s basketball, dudes had actual fistfights once a week. two headlocks and a bit of shoving isn't exactly the malice at the palace.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Can't have a brawl like last night, way too low of a number. It's all well and good when two dudes slap fight like toddlers, but last night was different. That gets even one iota more out of hand and it spills into the seats again? The NBA is proper fucked.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Can't have a brawl like last night, way too low of a number. It's all well and good when two dudes slap fight like toddlers, but last night was different. That gets even one iota more out of hand and it spills into the seats again? The NBA is proper fucked.

shrug, i disagree.

these sort of headlock fights have happened before and they'll happen again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RStkgk80PgE
    beal and draymond got no suspensions at all for this fight.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I think it was pretty fair at 2 game suspension. They were more wrestling than fighting and it was broken up pretty quickly. I'm more surprised Simmons escaped punishment and that nobody got busted for coming off the bench.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular

'Calming him down with his arms' is one way to describe a rear naked choke, sure.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular

Travel? What's that?

*NBA officials today*

And fuck James Harden.

• Options
    That's what the yell was for, to distract everyone from the 18 steps he took.

• Options
    That's what the yell was for, to distract everyone from the 18 steps he took.

"LOOK OVER THERE!"

• Options
    sadly, given the dumb gather step rules that's almost certainly not a travel even by the most strict interpretation.

the first two steps are done while he's gathering because lol.

god forbid you dare shuffle your feet a half inch before you drive though.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    howard with the 10 yard penalty worthy holding on the play that put this game into ot. egregiously bad officiating, have to call that.

edit: ended up being the game decider. pretty tragic for the mavs, since they're going to have a hellva time making it into the playoffs at the best of time.

https://streamable.com/90kmm

lebron 100% blew this play with that drive, but refball wins again.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I have no idea why we didn't just foul Lebron there, but ugh that no call on Howard did suck.

Whatever, I don't really expect to make the playoffs this season unless things go crazy; it's just nice to see some progression and an actually fun team again.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    I have no idea why we didn't just foul Lebron there, but ugh that no call on Howard did suck.

Whatever, I don't really expect to make the playoffs this season unless things go crazy; it's just nice to see some progression and an actually fun team again.

lebron is going to get continuation on anything he does, even if you fouled him at the 3 point line and he was going to dunk the ball.

hell he got continuation on a play earlier where he got fouled landing and went back up a 2nd time after the whistle and somehow got continuation. they changed the rules for everyone else but not lebron.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Luka and LeBron become the oldest and youngest players to run a 30-10-15 stat line.

On the same night.

Playing against each other.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
This discussion has been closed.