As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoC] Let's learn Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition, and Probably Die!

2»

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Neaden wrote: »
    For skills. From the QS there are 9 values to use divided among your eight skills and credit rating, so based on these rules you should have a minimum of 40 in credit rating. You can then give +20% to 4 non occupation skills. If you essentially want to swap a no occupational skill for credit rating to represent being poor I don't think it will be unbalanced. You'll be obviously down and out though, and some NPCs might be less helpful.

For a pistol you can just include it in your inventory and it will deal 1d10 damage. For now we don't have to worry about ranges and such.

I would have left with barely anything. I think it would be more appropriate than a 40.

Nsorkey is the friend I was talking about, by the way.

1 slot left, folks! Get it while it’s hot!

Kadoken on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm in! I'll make my character sometime this weekend and be ready to go.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Would y’all be okay if I did a little intro before we got everyone in? Just Jim getting mad at his stolen car dying in the storm, leading him to thumb a ride?

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Would y’all be okay if I did a little intro before we got everyone in? Just Jim getting mad at his stolen car dying in the storm, leading him to thumb a ride?

How do people want to handle that? I'd like you all to be together at the start and have met just to get that out of the way, but is you'd rather be in multiple cars and just happen to be driving in a little convoy in the bad weather that works too.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    This can be a prequel if that's okay... sort of a "how Jim got introduced to the others" kind of thing?

I'm fine with building character in general, so it's all fine by me regardless!

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah, it might work out for us to "prequel" how we all ended up in the same place together, especially because it looks like the characters being built possibly would be at odds with each other (or, generally unlikely to connect) without some sort of push.

It'd be pretty cool to get the "X came with Y, who was on their way to meet Z" established before we start, plus might be a nice warm up for everyone.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Damn, admanb, 50,000 a year in 1920s money? That’s like a million dollars today!

FE: $625,978 today actually

Kadoken on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I don't think @admanb did the currency conversion properly >_>

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Can Jim have Irish Gaelic as a free language? Since Ireland would have been under British rule but had an uncle in Sinn Fein he might have grown up learning both English and Irish.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Can Jim have Irish Gaelic as a free language? Since Ireland would have been under British rule but had an uncle in Sinn Fein he might have grown up learning both English and Irish.
    Sure, though I don't know how many Irish Gaelic speakers will be around in MA, but it helps build character. Since everyone has a character up I've started the game, first in a gas station to figure out who is riving and who knows whom.

Neaden on
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Looking at the characters, and I think Kadoken's friend's character (Clifton) is probably the one that David would have interacted with before. Jim probably won't like him (more than probably), Lucy and Kirsti are students, so age-wise it probably doesn't align.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Lol yeah I definitely forgot about the time period.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Are we allowed to use the term “Solid Dick” to mean straight talk? It would be in vogue near this time.

Also the phrase, “pulling a boner”?

Kadoken on
  • Options
    Guys, come on. You’ve got to check this more than once a night, if that.

• Options
    Hey @admanb just pinging to see if you are still interested, it's been awhile since you posted.