As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Android Games] thread

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Has anyone picked up Battleheart 2? I loved the first one, so I've been eagerly awaiting the second... And now I'm sitting on it because they made all the heroes available from the start and I've got decision paralysis on which four to use.

Only thing I know for sure is I want the bard (Eduardo?) on the team.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Open beta for Azur Lane starts tomorrow. It's a ship girl game like Kantai Collection but with actual gameplay and a gacha that is surprisingly decent. Last day to sign up on their site for a bit of free stuff. https://azurlane.yo-star.com/#/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Open beta for Azur Lane starts tomorrow. It's a ship girl game like Kantai Collection but with actual gameplay and a gacha that is surprisingly decent. Last day to sign up on their site for a bit of free stuff. https://azurlane.yo-star.com/#/

The waifus are named like ships... and they have ship-themed equipment?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

The waifus are named like ships... and they have ship-themed equipment?

Best way to describe the concept is "WW2: The Anime. Naval edition."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Tempting. Especially if they manage to bring over the Neptunia stuff.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ok so I downloaded this game. Other than the disturbing female ship thing, this seems pretty fun. No idea what the heck I'm doing but blowing up ships is fun for me. Anybody else playing this?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Yeah I have been playing it. Some quick advice from someone that plays on the moonrune server. This game is very F2P friendly for a gacha game all of the gold SSR ships at launch(everyone but Belfast ATM) are in the medal shop rotation but don't spend medals on Prinz Eugen cause she is a login reward. Just about all the white/blue/purple ships can drop in maps so the main reason to pull out the credit card and buy gems is usually for costumes. Best way to spend those free gems they are giving you is adding more ship slots to your Dorm and a second floor once you are done expanding the size of the first floor. Don't open the white and blue equipment boxes craft them into purple boxes. All the starter ships are in every drop table starting in world 2 so you will end up with all 3 fairly soon so just pick which ever one is the cutest. If you tap on Akashi(the catgirl in the gem shop) a bunch of times then she will start to send you stuff like oil, gold, and cubes in the mail.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChelseafannestChelseafannest Registered User regular
    Dead Trigger 2 - That's probably my choice on my Android phone

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Star Wars KOTOR is on sale. It'll run on damn near anything, doesn't need the latest & greatest, and IIRC it's a really good port.

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    I am replaying Kingdom Rush and it is reminding me of how simple and lean a great tower defense game can be.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Yeah all my friends are playing Azure Lane. It's been fairly addicting.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Spend four bucks and buy Holedown. It's great.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That's the name of that game. Saw a Kotaku article about it, ended up downloading Hole.IO instead, that clone/ripoff game of that Donut one that is coming out.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    That's the name of that game. Saw a Kotaku article about it, ended up downloading Hole.IO instead, that clone/ripoff game of that Donut one that is coming out.

Okay, buy I am pretty sure hole.io was developed by a group of gay men who wanted to make a lot of innuendo jokes, because their comments are hysterical and wildly inappropriate jokes my friends and I make.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    God I don't know if I can get over the character design in this Azur Lane.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    urahonky wrote: »

I'm trying to get over the character designs since I sort of like the battle system. Did manage to learn how to change the default image on the screen so it wasn't the weird rabbit girl thing I first chose. Tried to go against other people (I guess) and got my butt handed to me. Guess I need to grind up and enhance my weapons. Can't get past the first area as well since I don't do enough damage.

Edit: Poor grammar.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

I'm trying to get over the character designs since I sort of like the battle system. Did manage to learn how to change the default image on the screen so it wasn't the weird rabbit girl thing I first chose. Tried to go against other people (I guess) and got my butt handed to me. Guess I need to grind up and enhance my weapons. Can't get past the first area as well since I don't do enough damage.

Edit: Poor grammar.

PVP matches(exercise matches) don't cost anything and the only downside to losing is less exp and PVP currency so just do the 15 a day and don't worry that much about winning. If you are stuck post a list of who you have I can give advice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Do we have any update as to when Elder Scrolls: Blades is supposed to be coming out?

Still interested in that but haven't heard anything new since E3.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Hidden My Game By Mom 3 is out.

You all should probably get to downloading that.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Haven't seen anything in Azur Lane that's as bad as some of the stuff in Kancolle. Except maybe Takao. She's very... there.

Anybody got a guild on Avrora? Everything seems to be full.

a nu start on
    Number One Tricky
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I saw in games news that King - the company that made Candy Crush - put out an RPGish game called Legend of Solgard. I was curious, so checked out the screenshots and gameplay trailer, and something about it looked very familiar. I installed it just to verify, and yup: the core gameplay is basically an exact copy of Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, which was one of the coolest and original puzzle-type games I've ever played. Except, the King offering has thick layers and layers of free-2-play plastered on; you've got your energy timers, your multiple currencies, your oodles of collectible units that could be leveled up (and I'm sure you could pay the premium currency to throw a few levels on there immediately).

I uninstalled it because all the F2P barnacles are a little too much for me, and thought I'd check in on Clash of Heroes itself, which I have on DS and Steam, but never bought on Android because people said it was a very poor port. Apparently it's no longer on the Play store at all.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I don't remember Clash of Heroes being on mobile phones at all. I thought the game was delisted from online stores because of a licensing issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Yeah, looks like it came out in June of 2013 (based on a couple of sites that came up in a quick search, e.g this). I'm not sure when or why it was removed.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Hidden My Game By Mom 3 is out.

You all should probably get to downloading that.

Man, they released a bunch of similar games. Girl just wants her pudding, too.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Yeah, looks like it came out in June of 2013 (based on a couple of sites that came up in a quick search, e.g this). I'm not sure when or why it was removed.

I swore I had this game on Android. Looked at the Play Store and it wasn't there. Looked at the Amazon store and yep there it was. Says I can still install it. Wonder if it works. I also checked my humble bundle but it wasn't there.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Has anyone picked up Battleheart 2? I loved the first one, so I've been eagerly awaiting the second... And now I'm sitting on it because they made all the heroes available from the start and I've got decision paralysis on which four to use.

Only thing I know for sure is I want the bard (Eduardo?) on the team.
    Heartlash wrote: »
    I am replaying Kingdom Rush and it is reminding me of how simple and lean a great tower defense game can be.

Haven't visited the Android thread in a while, but seeing both of these things on page 2 makes me smile. Battleheart and Kingdom Rush are two of my favorite mobile games ever. Will have to check out BH2.

Jetpack Joyride is another old favorite. Is Halfbrick still pumping out new games? Let's see here... nope, they haven't released anything since 2016. Rolling in dough, I'd imagine. ...Oh, that's right, they were pivoting to AR.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Well, shit. Looks like Shadowrun Returns has been pulled from the Play store now too. That'll teach me to procrastinate. :sad:

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Whoever said Battlehearts in here... I hate you.

JK I've been low maintenance grinding on level one for a few hours

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Well, shit. Looks like Shadowrun Returns has been pulled from the Play store now too. That'll teach me to procrastinate. :sad:

Does this mean if you owned it, you can't download it anymore? Because that sucks. Though at least I managed to play both Returns and Dragonfall before they were removed.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

Does this mean if you owned it, you can't download it anymore? Because that sucks. Though at least I managed to play both Returns and Dragonfall before they were removed.

I didn't own it (or Dragonfall), but I'd wishlisted it and just not got round to picking it up yet. I've got them on Steam, but my mahoosive laptop doesn't fit in my pocket.

Dragonfall apparently was supposed to be making its way back at one point, but that was ages ago and it hasn't yet.

And they aren't even on Amazon either.

• Options
    If they are like older apps, they seem to still be there for you to download if you already owned it. But not sure for those apps that have additional files to download I would imagine it depends on where they are hosted.

I should try to download Heroes of Might and Magic and see since I have show up on my Amazon store.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I tried to go through my play store app library and purchase history and I couldn't see either of them. I am almost positive I had both Dragonfall and Returns via the Play store because I definitely played both on my phone. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to search your library which is stupid - especially if they are going to remove things from the store but you are still able to download them.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    You might be able to buy the APK off of the humble store? I know thats how I got the Shadowrun games for my phone.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    They're only there on PC, sadly.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    the company that made Candy Crush [...] Legend of Solgard [...] the core gameplay is basically an exact copy of Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes [...] all the F2P barnacles are a little too much for me
    I guess I'm not the only one who noticed, as today's Penny-Arcade comic is literally this.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    There's a Humble Digital Tabletop bundle that just started that includes some Android games.

$1
    • Ticket to Ride - Complete Bundle (Steam)
    • Ticket To Ride (Android)
    • Sentinels of the Multiverse (Steam)
    • Mysterium: A Psychic Clue Game (Steam)
    • Mysterium: A Psychic Clue Game (Android)

$BTA
    • Pathfinder Adventures (Steam)
    • Carcassonne - Tiles & Tactics (Steam)
    • Sentinels of the Multiverse - Shattered Timelines (Steam)
    • Talisman: Digital Edition (Steam)
    • Talisman - The Highland Expansion (Steam)
    • Talisman - The Dungeon Expansion (Steam)
    • Talisman + 2 DLC (Android)

$10
    • Armello (Steam)
    I wish it included the Android version of Sentinels of the Multiverse and I wish there was an Android version of Armello, but still, could be a worthwhile bundle.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    w8erspnik5j11.png

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I wish there was an Android version of Armello, but still, could be a worthwhile bundle.

@Ed Gruberman I just came across this early access Android game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leagueofgeeks.armello

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    I wish there was an Android version of Armello, but still, could be a worthwhile bundle.

@Ed Gruberman I just came across this early access Android game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leagueofgeeks.armello

yRO9z8n.jpg

steam_sig.png

• Options
    NOOOO! It won't install on my Kindle Fire :(

I think that's the first app from the play store that I haven't been able to install on it

steam_sig.png