As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Android Games] thread

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Yep, just saw them at PAX and learned they had the mobile game. Apparently been out since March is what they said.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Question about that walking dead AR game. I put it on my dad's phone for Mt nephew to play, he has the new galaxy note. Anyways

Do you have to hit the AR button every time and go through the look at ground look up every single time? It seems kind if weak compared to pokemon go unless I'm doing something wrong.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    So on a whim I bought a game called Guild of Dungeoneering... And I'm quite enjoying it! It's a card based game with a hint of roguelike. It has gorgeous presentation to boot. I highly recommend it! I can go into more detail if you guys need but it's hard to do on the phone.

RickRude wrote: »
    Question about that walking dead AR game. I put it on my dad's phone for Mt nephew to play, he has the new galaxy note. Anyways

Do you have to hit the AR button every time and go through the look at ground look up every single time? It seems kind if weak compared to pokemon go unless I'm doing something wrong.

@RickRude yeah you do because it needs to anchor it to a place on the ground to simulate walking. Pokémon Go had the benefit that they were stationary.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    So on a whim I bought a game called Guild of Dungeoneering... And I'm quite enjoying it! It's a card based game with a hint of roguelike. It has gorgeous presentation to boot. I highly recommend it! I can go into more detail if you guys need but it's hard to do on the phone.

Yes, that game is great!

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Azur Lane updating tomorrow at 1 A.M. marriage system is getting added, some new swimsuits to the cash shop and the first event starts.

https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Events/Effort,_Hope,_and_Planning

I wouldn't waste too many cubes on the limited time construction since all of them end up in the regular construction pools and the people running the official discord channel have hinted at better events coming up that you will want to stock up for.

steam_sig.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is there a good place to read up on Azur Lane. I've been kind of poking at it, but it's hard to figure out what all is going on.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Is there a good place to read up on Azur Lane. I've been kind of poking at it, but it's hard to figure out what all is going on.
    I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what I need etc, and the short answer is that almost everything is viable long term. But there are interesting units and exciting units, but that's not really limited to SSRs.

But like I pulled a Queen Elizabeth, so now I'm fielding a Royal fleet. Etc.

I mean, I haven't even for sure figured out pulling. Is that the build thing? I just lost my first mission, 1-4.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'm playing the Birdie Crush beta. It's a Golf RPG-ish F2P game. I see where the money hooks are already, but I'm enjoying it. Even if it is anime as fuck.

My golf dude has a red sweater, a golf club with a shiny blue gem in it, and a cat hanging from his back. Fore!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I finally uninstalled it. Was spending waaay too much time on it. The game was fun but I needed to cut myself from it. Was there anything other than collecting all of the ships?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7

https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Azur_Lane_Wiki

https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/ has a mega thread for questions.

I've been playing on the moonrune servers since December and can answer questions too so feel free to @ me.

steam_sig.png
    For AzurLane I think https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/User:Shipposting_Duck is one of the most comprehensive guides out there. Also make sure to click the other tabs at the top for even more info (I missed it the first few times I read it)

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I played it a ton for my first week. Then I put it down for another week, not even bothering with logins. I'm now putting a healthier amount of time into it.

I'm right at the cusp of the Fox Mines and I'm starting to feel the burn of my generally underleveled ships and/or equipment.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited September 2018
    I gave up on the fox mines since I don't actually need it anymore. After I got Hood and traded for Warspite and then got Queen Elizabeth, they basically form my backline for PVP and it's generally a stronger setup than carriers, at least for now.

I do like how if you know you won't be able to play much, you can basically bank your fuel as XP in the form of food. Definitely helped while I was at PAX.

Dracil on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Aaand I just widened a huge bottleneck in my progression fleet. I was leveling a Houston between my Portland sisters because she has Cruiser Command. Turns out the Leander I've been using also has such an ability and is better off there than with my DDs. Swapping her over and bringing in Gridley and her Double Torpedo skill for the boss-killing squad has leveled the playing field considerably.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    I'm doing alright on Avrora. Got a Hood, Warspite, and Enterprise in the back; Takao, Prinz Eugen, Eldridge in the front.

As with all these gatcha-grind games, the second I start pushing towards optimal strategies is the second I start to lose interest. For now, I'll just log in and have some fun.

Number One Tricky
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Internal dialogue:
    "Azur Lane? Man, everybody's talking about it in here. Managing a fleet, that sounds cool, I should look this up."
    "Yeaaah, I can't play that on my phone at work. I'd be more paranoid than a teenager that smoked pot before church."

Bobble wrote: »
    Internal dialogue:
    "Azur Lane? Man, everybody's talking about it in here. Managing a fleet, that sounds cool, I should look this up."
    "Yeaaah, I can't play that on my phone at work. I'd be more paranoid than a teenager that smoked pot before church."

Yeah I had to stop playing it, haha. It was fun but some of those designs were just bad.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I'm playing the Birdie Crush beta. It's a Golf RPG-ish F2P game. I see where the money hooks are already, but I'm enjoying it. Even if it is anime as fuck.

My golf dude has a red sweater, a golf club with a shiny blue gem in it, and a cat hanging from his back. Fore!

I looked at the store description. Is it multiplayer only? Or can you play solo?

Don't really have the time to play "real time" with others, but if you can play solo, I will give this a... swing.

All the enemies in the first map in the event is just survive against swarms of planes which makes for a good low oil spot to grind exp for low level ships. All you need to worry about is your flagships HP and you can control who gets MVP by equipping AA guns and fighters.

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what's going on in Azur Lane, but it's fun to watch.

edited September 2018
    It's basically a sort of bullet hell game with ship collection and some RPG level/gear elements. But for the most part you just set it on auto and let it do its thing while farming. Manual control only matters if you're doing the daily minigames or if you're in a risky battle.

Dracil on
    How do I join the Moonrune server?

How do I join the Moonrune server?

https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Getting_Started

Servers are going down for a 5 hour maintenance in a minute.

steam_sig.png
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I looked at the store description. Is it multiplayer only? Or can you play solo?

Don't really have the time to play "real time" with others, but if you can play solo, I will give this a... swing.

The solo play is kinda there but it's mostly practice. The main leveling up mechanics are from multiplay. Good side is that the rounds are short though.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The fact that a waifu-ship, bullet-hell shmup gacha game has marriage in it now?

And with the cheesecake art style the game has?

What is this world coming to? :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I've been enjoying Dungeon Maker for the last few days. It's a roguelite / tower defense where you pick a dungeon lord and build rooms / traps / facilities / train monsters / kill waves of heroes.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited September 2018
    The fact that a waifu-ship, bullet-hell shmup gacha game has marriage in it now?

And with the cheesecake art style the game has?

What is this world coming to? :P

It's not really new. Kancolle did it first like 5 years ago. They just took that game's concept and actually added gameplay instead of just being RNG the game.

Dracil on
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    And Kancolle is waaaaaaaaaay worse anyway with its designs.

Number One Tricky
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just randomly got a dollar credit towards a purchase from the store.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Cosmonautica is on sale for CDN$1.89 (from CDN$5.49)
    King of Dragon Pass is on sale for CDN$5.99 (from CDN$12.99)

I haven't tried either of these games but I have them on my wishlist because I thought they looked interesting and I figured I would mention this here since the Play store sucks about letting you know when wishlist items go on sale.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    King of Dragoon Pass never goes on sale. Bought!

I ended up just grabbing cosmonautica because $6 for KoDP is a little much for a game I am likely never going to play. For some reason, I have very little time or patience for games that require a lot of reading.

steam_sig.png

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I ended up just grabbing cosmonautica because $6 for KoDP is a little much for a game I am likely never going to play. For some reason, I have very little time or patience for games that require a lot of reading.

The mobile port of KoDP is good, but it's the kind of game I prefer to play on PC.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    What kind of game is Cosmonautica? There's a lot going on in those screenshots.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I've never heard of either, so curious to why they are good.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited September 2018
    Delduwath wrote: »
    What kind of game is Cosmonautica? There's a lot going on in those screenshots.

I don't know that Cosmonautica is good (still haven't tried it) it just looks like it could be fun. If it helps there is a Steam page for it as well that might provide more info: https://store.steampowered.com/app/320340/Cosmonautica/
    It looks like it's a space simulator game with a focus on crew/ship management, trading and combat.
    Apparently it has cross-platform play so your progress can carry-over between PC and Android.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I've been enjoying Dungeon Maker for the last few days. It's a roguelite / tower defense where you pick a dungeon lord and build rooms / traps / facilities / train monsters / kill waves of heroes.

I've really been enjoying this. Thanks for the rec!

• HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Just grabbed Night of the Full Moon the other day. It's a pretty neat little narrative RPG with deck-building, card-based combat. At any given point you choose between three different actions that enable other actions to advance the story. The free version is lite, but has given me a few hours of fun so far.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods