As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Android Games] thread

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Dungeon Maker is dangerous. It's a very "just one more" kind of game that just doesn't stop and then you lose hours of time.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    Talith
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Nintendo's newest mobile endeavor is live, Dragalia Lost. Actiony, seems fun from the intro mission, anime as fuck

Here's my friend code - 67493336001

jdarksun
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Last week has been crazy, Capcom released Monster Hunter Stories and LEVEL-5 came with Layton: Curious Village. These are major studios that make the best games for 3DS now developeling ports/remakes for Android with in-house teams. None of that bs with crummy f2p-mobile studios, but just making the damned games themselves and selling them for proper prices. Yes, MHS is €22 and Layton €11, but for a full game? I think that's very fair.

Aldo on
    Sir CarcassBetsuniBrodyKristmas Kthulhu
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    £20 is just substantially above what I'm willing to pay for mobile games

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I guess? Its a 60hr+ game and the 3DS version is currently €40.

RandomHajile
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Nintendo's newest mobile endeavor is live, Dragalia Lost. Actiony, seems fun from the intro mission, anime as fuck

Pfff. Draglia Lost isn't showing up in my region (Canada). Soooo, Nintendo can go fuck right off for now. :)

What even is it, though? I couldn't tell from any of the trailers if it was a gacha-style game like FEH.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Pfff. Draglia Lost isn't showing up in my region (Canada). Soooo, Nintendo can go fuck right off for now. :)

What even is it, though? I couldn't tell from any of the trailers if it was a gacha-style game like FEH.

It is, but more of an action RPG. The production values are pretty nice though. Great music, decent voice acting, and it has some style.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Neurotikaurahonky
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Aldo wrote: »
    Last week has been crazy, Capcom released Monster Hunter Stories and LEVEL-5 came with Layton: Curious Village. These are major studios that make the best games for 3DS now developeling ports/remakes for Android with in-house teams. None of that bs with crummy f2p-mobile studios, but just making the damned games themselves and selling them for proper prices. Yes, MHS is €22 and Layton €11, but for a full game? I think that's very fair.
    I just checked the Layton page on the Play store, and it says "This app is incompatible with all of your devices."

My phone is a Pixel 2 XL.

I'm kind of at a loss here. What device is this game compatible with, then?

EDIT: Hahaha OOPS nevermind; turns out this was because the link was to the EU version of game (I guess?), and the NA version is perfectly compatible with my phone.

Delduwath on
    Betsuni
    Why so?

Are "LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM" and "Layton’s Mystery Journey" any good?

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Why so?

Crappy controls mostly.

Secondarily, my threshold for current generation console games is about that amount

And then third in the Mojo pyramid is that there's a much lower amount of good quality stuff on mobile. It's mostly shovelware regardless of whether it's free to play or a couple of quid

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Why so?

Crappy controls mostly.

Eh, MH stories is fine for mobile. All menu based combat.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Are "LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM" and "Layton’s Mystery Journey" any good?
    I played the first one years ago. It is primarily an Hidden Object game, but it has an actual story. Although it is a bit childish, there are murders to be solved and there are a few dark twists to unravel.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Layton's mystery Journey is exactly like the rest of the Layton games on the DS. I bought it a while back and it is a good game.

And for $10 I think I am more than happy to purchase the first Layton game again. I have very fond memories of the series

Legacy
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Next event for Azur Lane announced is going to be the Visitors Dyed in Red and it starts on the 30th. One of the daily missions will be construct 3 ships so I wouldn't do more then that since you will want to save up cubes. Once you get Shoukaku, and Hyuuga you can switch back to doing light/heavy/special unless you want Nowaki, and Ise for collection. Zuikaku drops in the last stage of the event map and can be bought in the event shop with the currency you get from clearing the map and doing the event missions so don't chase her in the construction.

steam_sig.png
    Sir CarcassIanator
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Next event for Azur Lane announced is going to be the Visitors Dyed in Red and it starts on the 30th. One of the daily missions will be construct 3 ships so I wouldn't do more then that since you will want to save up cubes. Once you get Shoukaku, and Hyuuga you can switch back to doing light/heavy/special unless you want Nowaki, and Ise for collection. Zuikaku drops in the last stage of the event map and can be bought in the event shop with the currency you get from clearing the map and doing the event missions so don't chase her in the construction.

I never did get an Atago, though I got a Prince of Wales and several Vampires. I'm actually enjoying the events so far. The game has a lot to do that's not grinding missions over and over.

Ianator
    Of course I ignore my own advice.

steam_sig.png
    Sir Carcass
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Double the gacha, double the fun grind. Love me some split screen.
    mxjmwxpfuuxc.png

Number One Tricky
    Sir CarcassTNTrooperIanator
    edited September 2018
    Doing the math for the event shop in AL. It takes 26400 ema to buy everything in the shop if you reach B3 and clear it once today plus clear all the normal maps once every day plus both of the daily missions you will get 21930 ema. Doing hard modes will get you to 24250 ema which means you have to do D3 an extra 12 times to buy everything. Exclude the dorm food since it will be cheaper to buy them with oil then you only need to farm an extra 150 ema.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    Sir Carcass
    edited October 2018
    Zuikaku I think is also a drop so you may get lucky and not necessarily need to buy it from the shop. You also have to clear the maps multiple times to hit the last stage.

Dracil on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Aaand of course I pull Zuikaku from the 3-pull I started last night. Sure takes a lot of the pressure off to grind all day, especially since I'm only now getting my Laffey starter to 70.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Sir Carcass
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    [Azure Lane] I don't know if it was mentioned specifically, but there's a new Long Island quest. You make her your secretary and then tap her to start it. It ends with a new skin for her, and I don't think it's time limited. The steps are pretty easy. I'm up to the point where you have to completely Limit Break her, which is going to take a while since mine is only in the mid 30's.

Dizzen
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Heartlash wrote: »
    Just grabbed Night of the Full Moon the other day. It's a pretty neat little narrative RPG with deck-building, card-based combat. At any given point you choose between three different actions that enable other actions to advance the story. The free version is lite, but has given me a few hours of fun so far.

Gave this a runthrough last night. They've basically lifted the gameplay of Dream Quest wholesale, but added some production values on top. So if you couldn't deal with the stick figure art, here's the updated version you were waiting for.

• HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Heartlash wrote: »
    Just grabbed Night of the Full Moon the other day. It's a pretty neat little narrative RPG with deck-building, card-based combat. At any given point you choose between three different actions that enable other actions to advance the story. The free version is lite, but has given me a few hours of fun so far.

Gave this a runthrough last night. They've basically lifted the gameplay of Dream Quest wholesale, but added some production values on top. So if you couldn't deal with the stick figure art, here's the updated version you were waiting for.

I just saw that there's a little message from the dev in the game which states that he was inspired by Dream Quest and got permission directly from its developer to make his own version. Now I may pick up Dream Quest...

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
    FryFrem
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I've gotten pretty heavy into a cool little 4x lite game called Hades Star recently. I think its been around for a while, but never saw anything posted about it. It's definitely designed around long term gameplay. Technically you can pay to win, but the only PVP at this point requires a corp that can join you, so pay to win is more of a "I guess if you want to spend all that money to shortcut regular gameplay, knock yourself out?"

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Azur Lane news:

- Today is the final day of the Visitors Dyed in Red event. This will be your last chance at Zuikaku, Shoukaku and Akatsuki (plus other ships, equipment and dorm furniture rewards) until the expected future rerun. Akatsuki is a drop from A3, B3, C3, D1, D2 and D3. Zuikaku is a drop from B3 and D3, has a 0.7% build chance from Limited Construction and can be redeemed (limit 1) from the event shop for 8000 Ema. Shoukaku is a 2.0% drop from Limited Construction.

- Today is also the first day of the Songstress minor event. This 7-day mission chain awards the "Little Star Songstress" skin for Unicorn. It also adds the Stardust dorm furniture series, including two time-limited gem-buy items, the Lunar Ship and Little Spaceship.

- Starting tomorrow is the 3-day reactivation of Z-Force! Strive, Wish, Strategize due to its previous run ending a day early. This'll give you an extra shot at Prince of Wales, Atago, Vampire and the Quad 356mm BB gun.

- Finally, after a double tease, we have confirmation of the Fallen Wings event coming to EN (and JP)! This event introduces the CV Wasp and BBs Washington, North Carolina, Colorado, Maryland and West Virginia. It's also implied we're getting a "rerun" variant that adds the recently-announced Minneapolis and maybe Laffey Retrofit USS Hobby and another Benson-class plus redone portraits for the Colorado class (boy, that's a story).

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Sir Carcass
    edited October 2018
    Looking forward to the Fallen Wings thing given all the controversy/speculation it had of never coming over. I also finally have everything that's a rare drop up to 6-4 and all event ships.

Dracil on
    In Azur Lane news.

Last day for the Visitors Dyed in Red you got about 8 more hours to finish farming for event points to buy stuff in the shop (which will stick around for another week) or do any last day pulls in the banner. Starting tomorrow they are rerunning the Z-Plan for 3 days but you should save your cubes cause the Fallen Wings event was just announced and will probably be out around Halloween. It won't be exactly like the event I linked cause that is the version the CN servers got at the start of the year and the 15 second teaser video had ships that are new to JP version that is coming out at the end of the month.

Also despite the fact that the new Stars Above furniture set is being called time limited the only parts that have a time left timer are the Star Boat and Little Spaceship which cost 200 gems so if you are trying to collect all the furniture items you can might want to save your furniture coins in case the Halloween themed stuff is actually limited.

steam_sig.png
    Ianator
    Ugh, my dock can't take any more new ships. Get to 70 already you lazy layabouts!

I read that Dead Cells is coming to Android, good on them!

And Reigns Game of Thrones is out. Which is a sentence I never expected to write. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolver.reignsGot

Dracil
    Welp, I got pulled out of the sortie before I could hit the boss node. Goodbye, Visitors Dyed in Red, and may I have another chance at Akatsuki and the medal soon.

Force Z is back up btw.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    Welp, I got pulled out of the sortie before I could hit the boss node. Goodbye, Visitors Dyed in Red, and may I have another chance at Akatsuki and the medal soon.

Force Z is back up btw.

And they reset the event missions but not your map progress so you get a bunch of free stuff for logging in. Also for the Stardust mini event the task on even days is build 3 ships so you might want to go to the Academy and hit the ! that before doing your daily build.

steam_sig.png
    Sir Carcass
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I think it might be a good time to make a specific Azur Lane thread, don't you? You've obviously got enough people playing and talking about it.

ObiFettIanatorFry
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Force Z is back up btw.

And they reset the event missions but not your map progress so you get a bunch of free stuff for logging in.

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise this morning.

urahonky wrote: »
    I think it might be a good time to make a specific Azur Lane thread, don't you? You've obviously got enough people playing and talking about it.

I was starting to think this myself. I can probably have a thread up by this evening.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Sir CarcassAldoDracilTNTrooperurahonkyjdarksun

And Reigns Game of Thrones is out. Which is a sentence I never expected to write. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolver.reignsGot

Nice! Saw this at PAX West and have been waiting for it!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

I don't give a shit about Game of Thrones. But "Reigns" and "Reigns: Her Majesty" were both fantastic games.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Eheheh... Making threads is hard, y'all. I haven't tried to make a monster OP like this since the Battletech thread in Critical Failures.

So, players of Azur Lane, what do you want to see in the thread? I'm deffo adding a ship type cheat sheet, community links (wiki, Discord), starting tips (fuse your boxes, learn to manage oil, etc.) and a section on current events. But what else is important for me to have up before anything else?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited October 2018
    Eheheh... Making threads is hard, y'all. I haven't tried to make a monster OP like this since the Battletech thread in Critical Failures.

So, players of Azur Lane, what do you want to see in the thread? I'm deffo adding a ship type cheat sheet, community links (wiki, Discord), starting tips (fuse your boxes, learn to manage oil, etc.) and a section on current events. But what else is important for me to have up before anything else?

If you want I can grab the 2ed post and do the event section since I've played them on the CN server and maybe an upcoming features like subs and PR researcher. Actually if there is interest a how to sign up on CN or JP servers.

Edit: Of course I get top of the page'd when I am to lazy to hit the quote button.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png