As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ants! Ants! Ant-Man! (and the Wasp) July 6th...mostly.

124»

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Captain Phasma is gonna have a HUGE part in episode 8, though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Which leads me to my next question: have any designers or anything that worked on this movie fessed up to how obviously heavily influenced by Destiny they were

I didn't notice a whole lot outside of Janet and Ghost both having some Hunter-esque masks with hoods

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Just saw this

Liked it, am definitely going to forget 2/3rds of the movie within about 3 days

One thing nagging at me, though:
    Hey why did they get Michelle Pfeiffer if they were going to give her only substantial scene to Paul Rudd?
    Because shes probably locked in for like 4 movies now!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Which leads me to my next question: have any designers or anything that worked on this movie fessed up to how obviously heavily influenced by Destiny they were

I didn't notice a whole lot outside of Janet and Ghost both having some Hunter-esque masks with hoods

Those are the only two totally new character designs in the movie though, the rest are all variations on old themes, so whenever something totally new comes up it's "well, how about a Destiny NPC"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Just saw this

Hey why did they get Michelle Pfeiffer if they were going to give her only substantial scene to Paul Rudd?
    I am fairly certain they re gonna explore the Microverse in the next one, what with Jan having a weird weapon and robes and whatnot
    And she'll be more prominent in that one
    people said that about this one
    I am pretty sure folks mostly said Hope would have a larger role in a sequel and she was basically the lead character of this movie

They wouldn't give Janet weird robes and weapons and superpowers from the Quantum Realm if they didn't have plans for it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Just saw this

I am fairly certain they re gonna explore the Microverse in the next one, what with Jan having a weird weapon and robes and whatnot
    And she'll be more prominent in that one
    people said that about this one
    I am pretty sure folks mostly said Hope would have a larger role in a sequel and she was basically the lead character of this movie

They wouldn't give Janet weird robes and weapons and superpowers from the Quantum Realm if they didn't have plans for it
    Wasn't her weird weapon just scrapped together bits of her wings?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Captain Phasma is gonna have a HUGE part in episode 8, though
    That one is on Kathleen Kennedy for straight up saying as much

I dunno if they cut her story or what but it wasn't just fan speculation, Lucasfilm said she was going to

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That Captain Phasma has been thrown into the garbage and a pit of fire, I wonder if eventually they'll go whole hog and chuck her in a sarlaac in the next one

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I wouldn’t say Wasp was the lead of Ant Man 2, personally, or even that it was a two handed. She got plenty of screen time but it was Scott’s story

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    That Captain Phasma has been thrown into the garbage and a pit of fire, I wonder if eventually they'll go whole hog and chuck her in a sarlaac in the next one

I'm hoping she gets dropped into a Rancor pit, personally.
    Then she fucks up the rancor.

I'm not hoping too hard though, that way lies disappointment.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Phasma is a nothing character and I don't care what happens to them.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Finally got around to seeing it, a row ahead of people who don't believe in remaining quiet inside theaters. They even clapped towards the end. Not as the credits roll, but during the resolution while the movie is still going.

But overall it's a fun enough movie as long as you leave early enough.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed this!

It was cute and fun and had really low-stakes which was refreshing.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I wasn’t too high on Peña at first, but then
    “Look at this hair; I’m all business!”
    That entire scene destroyed in my showing.