Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Anthem] Early Access is live. Please mark spoilers. God speed, Freelancers.

178101213101

Posts

  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    If it would stay as that I agree, but Shadow of War and Battlefront II (and Dungeon Keeper Mobile, which I only bring up because it was put out by EA) show us that publishers won't leave it at that and will happily make the entire game feel absolutely awful if you aren't shelling out regular infusions of cash to try and get some of that sweet sweet extra moolah.

    Among this year's AAA titles, though, AC: Odyssey almost hits my sweet spot of how RMT should work. You can buy crafting mats, in-game currency, and XP boosts for Ubibucks (which are purchasable for Real Money). But... you'll have plenty of all those if you actually play the game. So... the P2W aspect of it is pretty nominal and clearly aimed at those who have a lot of discretionary income.

    You can also buy some very nice cosmetics for Ubibucks as well (and can even obtain them without Ubibucks, via a time-gated loot box system that uses an in-game currency). And their ongoing business model seems to be rolling out new cosmetics, not by changing gameplay in a way that forces you to buy power-ups. All in all, it's pretty inoffensive. My only real issue with it is that cosmetics feel like they're 30 to 50% more expensive than what I'd consider fair, but... potential customers complaining about prices is a universal feature of markets, not just RMT video game stores.

    That being said, AC: Odyssey is single-player only. If I were a video game publisher, I'd probably avoid selling power-ups in any sort of multi-player game.

    Odyssey imo is low key the devil. The game has:
    -Expensive different versions including an "Ultimate" edition that doesn't include all the things.
    -Pre-order DLC
    -Cosmetic microtransactions
    -Pay to win (or just do better, faster) microtransactions
    -Paid DLC
    -Exclusive stuff from merchandise tie-ins (aka outside the game DLC)

    And no, it being a fun game or this stuff being optional does not move my stone heart one iota. Fuck this business plan.

    Also while people here seem to have liked it, I have a lot of non-forum acquaintances who found the grind unbelievably tedious starting around levels 12-14 and expressed a lot of frustration to that effect. I'm not sure it was a universally liked implementation of micros.

    I think with micros, for me, what I find galling is the disingenuousness of the whole thing. We're told these companies are barely scraping by and games cost just so much and the retail price, various more expensive editions, and DLC/season passes can't even begin to cover development costs, so they simply have to add additional monetization to keep the studios afloat! Except the publishers doing that are universally reporting record earnings on investor calls and making enormous profits, which then flow into tax havens or executive bonuses and almost never flow back to the developers.

    Just tell us you want to make more money to please your investors because unregulated capitalism is a fundamentally broken system. At least be honest about it!

    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
    ObiFettLord_AsmodeusThe DeliveratorPapaganderSirialisshoeboxjeddyRchanenBahamutZEROAxenMortiousKhraulKonphujun
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    htm wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    If it would stay as that I agree, but Shadow of War and Battlefront II (and Dungeon Keeper Mobile, which I only bring up because it was put out by EA) show us that publishers won't leave it at that and will happily make the entire game feel absolutely awful if you aren't shelling out regular infusions of cash to try and get some of that sweet sweet extra moolah.

    Among this year's AAA titles, though, AC: Odyssey almost hits my sweet spot of how RMT should work. You can buy crafting mats, in-game currency, and XP boosts for Ubibucks (which are purchasable for Real Money). But... you'll have plenty of all those if you actually play the game. So... the P2W aspect of it is pretty nominal and clearly aimed at those who have a lot of discretionary income.

    You can also buy some very nice cosmetics for Ubibucks as well (and can even obtain them without Ubibucks, via a time-gated loot box system that uses an in-game currency). And their ongoing business model seems to be rolling out new cosmetics, not by changing gameplay in a way that forces you to buy power-ups. All in all, it's pretty inoffensive. My only real issue with it is that cosmetics feel like they're 30 to 50% more expensive than what I'd consider fair, but... potential customers complaining about prices is a universal feature of markets, not just RMT video game stores.

    That being said, AC: Odyssey is single-player only. If I were a video game publisher, I'd probably avoid selling power-ups in any sort of multi-player game.

    Odyssey imo is low key the devil. The game has:
    -Expensive different versions including an "Ultimate" edition that doesn't include all the things.
    -Pre-order DLC
    -Cosmetic microtransactions
    -Pay to win (or just do better, faster) microtransactions
    -Paid DLC
    -Exclusive stuff from merchandise tie-ins (aka outside the game DLC)

    And no, it being a fun game or this stuff being optional does not move my stone heart one iota. Fuck this business plan.

    That's every single Ubisoft game for the last few years. I actually don't mind it, because Ubi's games have this weird model where there is a robust microtransaction element but I have literally never felt any need or desire to use it beyond the free stuff.

    It's the EA model that I hate, where it is clearly woven into the gameplay that you need to pay to bypass the grind and have fun. AC: Odyssey's progression feels like any other RPGs.

    Phillishere on
    Fencingsax
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    If it would stay as that I agree, but Shadow of War and Battlefront II (and Dungeon Keeper Mobile, which I only bring up because it was put out by EA) show us that publishers won't leave it at that and will happily make the entire game feel absolutely awful if you aren't shelling out regular infusions of cash to try and get some of that sweet sweet extra moolah.

    Among this year's AAA titles, though, AC: Odyssey almost hits my sweet spot of how RMT should work. You can buy crafting mats, in-game currency, and XP boosts for Ubibucks (which are purchasable for Real Money). But... you'll have plenty of all those if you actually play the game. So... the P2W aspect of it is pretty nominal and clearly aimed at those who have a lot of discretionary income.

    You can also buy some very nice cosmetics for Ubibucks as well (and can even obtain them without Ubibucks, via a time-gated loot box system that uses an in-game currency). And their ongoing business model seems to be rolling out new cosmetics, not by changing gameplay in a way that forces you to buy power-ups. All in all, it's pretty inoffensive. My only real issue with it is that cosmetics feel like they're 30 to 50% more expensive than what I'd consider fair, but... potential customers complaining about prices is a universal feature of markets, not just RMT video game stores.

    That being said, AC: Odyssey is single-player only. If I were a video game publisher, I'd probably avoid selling power-ups in any sort of multi-player game.

    Odyssey imo is low key the devil. The game has:
    -Expensive different versions including an "Ultimate" edition that doesn't include all the things.
    -Pre-order DLC
    -Cosmetic microtransactions
    -Pay to win (or just do better, faster) microtransactions
    -Paid DLC
    -Exclusive stuff from merchandise tie-ins (aka outside the game DLC)

    And no, it being a fun game or this stuff being optional does not move my stone heart one iota. Fuck this business plan.

    Well, what exactly would you propose for a business plan? It sounds like you want "$60 gets me all current features immediately and all future updates at no additional charge".

    I don't think you're being entirely unreasonable and that's certainly the way some games are sold, but... I also think that common sense says that doing things that way is a big disincentive to developers providing more content for their games. I personally want more content for the game I love.

    My personal attitude is... "$60 gets me what's in the box and if there's future content I want, I'll pay for it".

    That being said, I'm surprised that anyone objects to cosmetics. Those are the most optional of the optional.

    FremBlackbird SR-71C
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It is optional, but it's a shame how we're now being nickle and dimed for something already made and that used to be included for free. Some games still do it, with hats or alternate costumes/skins tied to achievements, completion, or other aspects.

    And others say "Pay me $X and you can look like this".

    With online games, where server costs and other elements require an ongoing revenue stream to keep up (not to mention one where story content is being provided for free), I get wanting to have some kind of income day to day, especially once the initial rush of sales is gone.

    With single player, I balk a bit more. There's no way that model cost them millions of dollars to design, create, and implement, but they do want millions of gamers to pony up dollars for it anyway. Unless they're pointedly selling the base game cheap and using aesthetic micotransactions to offset that, it becomes a bit less easy to support (or accept as a cost of doing business).

    I don't mind paying for future DLC. I bought DLC for the mass effect franchise happily, and while some was better than others, it was all good enough that I never felt I wasn't getting my money's worth. They had some strictly cosmetic DLC for the single player, and I didn't get it until there happened to be a steep sale.

    I strive not to put hard lines in the sand, but some things do rub me the wrong way. I get that the days of paying $80 or whatever and getting everything, in its entirety, in one package, are long gone. But it can still rankle a little to add up the costs and see that this Triple A title at full $80+ pricetag, plus Digital Deluxe Edition, plus various horse armour, plus the elite edition starter pack, is now roughly three million dollars and I haven't even fired up the game yet. No, I don't have to buy it, but I'm old enough to remember when players didn't even need to buy that stuff to get it either. Yeah, I'm one of the supporters of cosmetic microtransactions in the thread, but that's more as a 'cost of doing business' with online games needing ongoing support. Single player? Not quite as much, even as someone who will occasionally dabble in it for the right (cheap) price and as a small fraction of actual solid story/game content.

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    3clipsePapaganderTheStigKonphujun
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    htm wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    If it would stay as that I agree, but Shadow of War and Battlefront II (and Dungeon Keeper Mobile, which I only bring up because it was put out by EA) show us that publishers won't leave it at that and will happily make the entire game feel absolutely awful if you aren't shelling out regular infusions of cash to try and get some of that sweet sweet extra moolah.

    Among this year's AAA titles, though, AC: Odyssey almost hits my sweet spot of how RMT should work. You can buy crafting mats, in-game currency, and XP boosts for Ubibucks (which are purchasable for Real Money). But... you'll have plenty of all those if you actually play the game. So... the P2W aspect of it is pretty nominal and clearly aimed at those who have a lot of discretionary income.

    You can also buy some very nice cosmetics for Ubibucks as well (and can even obtain them without Ubibucks, via a time-gated loot box system that uses an in-game currency). And their ongoing business model seems to be rolling out new cosmetics, not by changing gameplay in a way that forces you to buy power-ups. All in all, it's pretty inoffensive. My only real issue with it is that cosmetics feel like they're 30 to 50% more expensive than what I'd consider fair, but... potential customers complaining about prices is a universal feature of markets, not just RMT video game stores.

    That being said, AC: Odyssey is single-player only. If I were a video game publisher, I'd probably avoid selling power-ups in any sort of multi-player game.

    Odyssey imo is low key the devil. The game has:
    -Expensive different versions including an "Ultimate" edition that doesn't include all the things.
    -Pre-order DLC
    -Cosmetic microtransactions
    -Pay to win (or just do better, faster) microtransactions
    -Paid DLC
    -Exclusive stuff from merchandise tie-ins (aka outside the game DLC)

    And no, it being a fun game or this stuff being optional does not move my stone heart one iota. Fuck this business plan.

    Well, what exactly would you propose for a business plan? It sounds like you want "$60 gets me all current features immediately and all future updates at no additional charge".

    I don't think you're being entirely unreasonable and that's certainly the way some games are sold, but... I also think that common sense says that doing things that way is a big disincentive to developers providing more content for their games. I personally want more content for the game I love.

    My personal attitude is... "$60 gets me what's in the box and if there's future content I want, I'll pay for it".

    That being said, I'm surprised that anyone objects to cosmetics. Those are the most optional of the optional.

    Two reasons people don't like cosmetic micros (not going to address loot boxes specifically because I think those are pretty universally hated at this point):

    1) It's still content in the game (and in some games the cosmetics are really important because appearance is an entire customization avenue) that's been gated off behind a paywall and can't be earned, or can't be realistically earned in the case of games like Overwatch.

    2) This whole mess started with cosmetic micros and this exact defense, and companies slowly inched it forward until suddenly we had literal pay-to-win micros in $60 games. Now they're easing back to cosmetic micros but I guarantee you that if this attitude becomes widespread again, in a few years we'll be doing the exact same song and dance (allowing for any reduction in loot boxes once gambling legislation catches up). Give companies an inch, they'll take a mile. Cosmetic micros won't stay cosmetic micros.

    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
    MegaMek
  • ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    I mean. It's not that games didn't have DLC back in the day because nobody was pushing it. It just wasn't possible. And the whole "INSERT COIN" thing was pretty pay-to-win, to be honest.

    A bit of a tangent, but I'd argue the inability to support games with small additions in turn promoted a bad industry habit of big layoffs after projects shipped, because to the heartless bean-counters there was no practical reason to keep content-producing staff around until the next project was in full swing. Well-managed studios knew better, and would have the next project in pre-production so the bulky production staff could roll onto it as soon as the prior project wrapped (Naughty Dog and Insomniac were pretty good at this, I heard). But for a lot of studios that weren't already sitting on a hit franchise, getting the current project out the door was such a focus that afterwards they'd leave people hanging because they hadn't secured a deal for the next project yet.

    Now that cosmetic DLC is around, the art director on a project that just shipped can point to a package of new helmets and be like, "See? These folks can keep generating income for us until our next project needs their attention. Don't make me fire them now and re-hire them later, thanks."

    I do appreciate the perspective of wanting to just make one purchase and have access to everything, for sure. It's much nicer to walk around a theme park when you aren't worried about how much extra this ride or that ride will cost you. And it's super easy for companies to go overboard and ruin their own games by carving everything up, so I'm glad a lot of people are still skeptical of the practice. But I also think DLC represents a solid net gain for both players and developers. Not a good fit for every project, but good to have as an option when it works.

    htm
  • BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    There seems to be a lot of speculation as the direction of Anthem and micro transactions. I've been following things fairly closely and have watched the few devstreams that were done. Michael Gamble and Ben Irving (the lead producers) specifically stated all story content will be free for as long as they have the funding to make content, and they have big plans for Anthem. They have also stated there will be specific in game cosmetics you will get from doing things because they feel it's important to show off your big achievements and accomplishments with your friends.

    As for some of the cosmetic layering. The legion of Dawn armor is basically an armor plate attachment. It seems there are base javelin suit structures, then on top of that you have an extra layer for cosmetic pieces like the armor plates from the Legion of Dawn stuff. In addition to that you have your color palettes for base layers, armor plate doodads, and capes. In addition to that there are vinyls that you can acquire, but the color of those can not be changed.

  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    To be clear, I'm not anti-DLC, and I don't personally feel most DLC falls under the category of micros unless it's just a weapon pack or something. DLC is more akin to what an expansion pack was back in the day.

    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
  • KyanilisKyanilis Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    1) It's still content in the game (and in some games the cosmetics are really important because appearance is an entire customization avenue) that's been gated off behind a paywall and can't be earned, or can't be realistically earned in the case of games like Overwatch.
    I mean, I generally agree with this, at a certain point cosmetics do require a certain amount of work that could potentially take away from the things that can be earned in the game. I think as long as there's a healthy balance of cool things you can earn in the game I've got nothing against cosmetics as microtransactions. If it's clear that the stuff you get ingame clearly suffered so the only way to look decent is through paying, that's where I tend to be like "ehh..."

    With that being said, I don't think Overwatch is a good example here. You can realistically earn everything in game aside from a very small number (might just be the pink mercy skin and some of the "deluxe" edition cosmetics?). It does take awhile but it's not like people who pay are pulling from a different pool than what you would normally get in the game.
    3clipse wrote: »
    2) This whole mess started with cosmetic micros and this exact defense, and companies slowly inched it forward until suddenly we had literal pay-to-win micros in $60 games. Now they're easing back to cosmetic micros but I guarantee you that if this attitude becomes widespread again, in a few years we'll be doing the exact same song and dance (allowing for any reduction in loot boxes once gambling legislation catches up). Give companies an inch, they'll take a mile. Cosmetic micros won't stay cosmetic micros.
    I think what's happening now is that someone pushed too hard, Battlefront 2 in this case, and they're not eager to make that same mistake any time soon, see Battlefield 5 which completely avoids anything aside from cosmetics, not to mention that microtransactions aren't even available yet. I get what you're saying, we gave them an inch and they tried to take a mile. It didn't work. Do I think they'll try again in the future? Yeah, absolutely, they're greedy as fuck, but based on the BF2 fiasco I'm hopeful people will push back again when it gets to be too much.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So after watching that itemization/build dev stream, thats another worry off my list.

    I think the only thing left that I need reassurance about is the endgame. And they talked positively a bit about it in the stream so I've got a good feeling.

    My hype is getting up there.

    AegisPreacherThe DeliveratorHexDex
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Most of my worries have been allayed. Like with The Division, the endgame was crap, especially at launch, but I still definitely got my money's worth with the single player portion of the game. Somehow I doubt that Bioware, of all studios, would pull a Bungie and make an 8 hour crapfest for their main story, so I feel safe that I'll at least get my $60 worth out of the storyline portion even if the endgame is crap.

  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Who wants a 50-minute video about Anthem gear and progression gameplay? Everyone?

    Then do I have the video for ya'll.

    Sorce on
    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    FencingsaxBRIAN BLESSEDForarHexDexhtmTrajan45Fawst
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I wonder how they are going to display all of the interacting inscriptions.

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Last Dev-Stream of the year will be going live in about an hour. They'll be covering Interceptor gameplay and Strongholds (dungeons and end-game content).

    FencingsaxPreacherSorce
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nice it sounds like they kept the primer and finisher system from Andromeda.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    SorceFencingsax
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    And the interceptor can do some sweet melee action

    "Anytime you replay a strong hold the npc dialogue is less than the first time." THANK YOU GOD!

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    EriktheVikingGamer
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it should reduce progressively, so that by the tenth or so time you've done it the NPC dialogue is just grunts and pointing

    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
    BasilCorsiniBlackbird SR-71CForar
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    And the interceptor can do some sweet melee action

    "Anytime you replay a strong hold the npc dialogue is less than the first time." THANK YOU GOD!

    "Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out... *sigh* I don't know why I bother, you know this already Guardian."

    Moridin8893clipseSorceMarekFawst
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    And the interceptor can do some sweet melee action

    "Anytime you replay a strong hold the npc dialogue is less than the first time." THANK YOU GOD!

    "Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out... *sigh* I don't know why I bother, you know this already Guardian."
    Ý̨̽͗̀o̸̒ūͨ ͊͑jͤͪͫ̎̒ù̸sͨ͛̄͗̔ͧ͡t̨ͧͭ̔͗͒ ̈́ͪ̈́ͨ̚ṅ̢̿e̢ͪ͂͊̎̽̅ͯv̶̿eͨ̾r̂͛ ͛́̍́̔ͮ̚qͩͣ̎u͝i͂t,̂̆̄ ͯ̑͊͌ͮͣd̶͑͐̎ͤ̾̓o̢̓̍̇̍͊͋ ͞y̴̋̊o͒u͗̅͋̂ͣ̋͂͏?́̋͏ ̷̒͒͋̔̍͐
    T͍͙͇o̼̣̤͔̪̮o̥͍̘͈͇̠͍k̺̫͈ ̼̭̯̙̜͇o͕̖͓̟̞͕͎uṱ͉ G̖͖̱̩̦h͎͔̩̺̲a̺̩̥̼͔̦u̦̞̫͕͍̮l̖͖̱͕̲͓.̻̘͔̦ ̥̜̩̩̫
    W̼̲̠̬o͇̳̼̗͕k͔̙͎̤ͅe ̦͎̻̟u͓͇̥̖͓̬p̮͙ ͇͓̝t̼̘͍̟ͅh̥̫̤e̝ ͇t̫͍͙̹̮̮ra͈̭v̪̞e̼̝l̹̱̹͚͉e̯̯̳̟r͕̻̱̱̭-̯̹̖̘̹͈͖ ̟͇͖͇
    a̫n̗̠̞͇̤d͈̹̟̪͍̗ ̤no̟͇w͍ ̯͍h̖͇̳a̖̪̗l̬̘̼̬f͚ ̭o̗̤f̫͕ ̗̱̖wh̩͔a̭͉̙͖t̺̥̗͙͙͎̟ I̤̗͉͇ ͔͍͉͇͎͇h̺e̟̯̯̠a̖͎̣̱r i͔̦̝n̞̞̦ ̺̪̳͍̝̹th̠̰͉̲̖̩͍e͉̜ͅ s̻̹̞̙̱̲t͇͇͚̹̭̪̪r̪ee̦̦̯̤t͍̭̬̞͖ͅs̖̭̝͓̪ͅ ̪̼̱i̺͖͖͎̤s̺̞ ̳h̰̝o̪̗w̫̗̱̗ ͙̟͉̯̜m̩ͅu̼̘̜̮͇c͚̗̪͚h͓̯̗ ̣͉̘̥y͚̬o̠̙͕ͅu̬͚͓̰͖̖͙ ͍̭̠̪a͎͎̲n͈̫d ̼͉̺̤͉y̲̟o͎͍̲̙̞u̝ṟ̝̲̤̫͙ c̱͖̩̠l̻̻̠̭̮a̭ṇ̹͓̭̘ ͕͍̥̙̗̞̺a͍͕̪͈̖r͕͖̩e͇̭̥͓̪ ̙̮m̳̪̟̦̼̱̗ak̺͓͍̖̲͉i͈̦̪͕n̪̦̱͔̰ͅg ̩͕̻̰a͇̥̙̥ ̩̺̻̰d̹̜̣i̗̗͕̜͇ffe̪̩̪re̩̘̺͓̬͈̞n͍̭̹̦c͖͍̥͍͈e̼̩̻̱͇,͉̜̠̼̖ ̯
    a̝̝͔ͅn͍̦͈̣̪d̙̘̘͎̙̣̼ ̰͉̭͇͕t̙͙̹h̪̗̭a͉̩͔͈t'̞s̝̗̬ ͚͙̠͓w̦̞͈̗͉ḫ̠̭͓̺y̥̭̟̪̖͕ ̼I̮̺ s̮t̼̝͓̞͔a͔r̺̭͇̻̬̻t͍͈͈̜ͅe͓̙͉̠̞͍ḓ͙ ̗̥͈t̙̺hi͈͓̮s̱̞̫ w̯̲h͓̱̫̘̹͚ͅo̩̱̫͔l̖e̫̼̱ ̙̹̰̞̮̯ͅc͙̩la̬̙̫̦n̜̜ ̟̬͕̬͓̯t̮͔͓̮̣ḫ̦̖̤i̥̬̪̦̭͖ng̤̟̯͔͇̺ ͇͕̤̗i̬̭̟̟̗̜̺n ̪̯t̫̫h̫̻̺̦͍e͔͉͓̩ ̭͙̰f̙̼̖i͙̤̜̲̯ͅr̻̺st̠ ̮͓͙̯͖p̩̲̟̣̯̯̥l̮͕̥͇a̻̟͓͔͖̥c̞̤̟̜̮̱e̼.̖̬̗͙̝̥ ͇͙̳͈̳
    P̬͖̱̗̫͓e͚̱̹͉op̗̟͚̰l̫̟̭e͓̖̯͍̜̞ ͕̥a̲̬͕̻͔̘̙r̠̤͈̪̙͖e͓̜̰͔̬̲̼ ͈̱͔͇s͖͕͖̖ti̞͉͚l̟͙̮̭̲̰̪ḻ̻̭̣̥̗ ̞͎̣̥̪̱wa̗̦̤͖̣̩̥i̠̺̣ṱi͙̙̙ng̯ f̩̼̬̻̦ͅo̯̪̙r̪̲̘̗ ͚͙͕͎̱̬t̝̙͇̟̙̤̥h̪̮̰e̩͇͍͖̩ ̫V̘̜̹̗͎͕ang̰̻̭u͈̻̦̟ͅar̫̫̟͎d͍̦ ͙̯t̬o̫̱̜̤̺ ͎͚̣͓l̻̱̥ͅẹ̼̙̺̫ͅa͓̯d̜ ̝t͉͈͇̬̺hͅe ̭͉̠̤̯̳wa̯̠̥͙y̗̯̜̮͉̳.̱̬͉̠̪̰̗ ̭̲
    B̦̹̩̩͓̙u̫̗̜t̜̜̫̼͇̲ ̝it͇͚̜̘'͙̟̞͇̜͇̺s ̯̗̺͔̲̘͇t̪̪̠͓͔i͈̲̥͍̮m͕̣̩͍ͅḛ̝͖ ̼̰͇͇͉͇f̰͚̯̳̗̖o̻r͇ ̝̙̲̟͉͔ͅa̳͉̪̮̺̩ ̺͓c̜̺̱̺̬̳h̞a͙n̯g̗e͚! ͚̗
    A̦̳̱ṋ̳͙̭͈ͅd͔͚͈̺ ͉̱̙g̘̥ụ͚ạ̞̣͖͎͚͕r̩d͕͈i̬̺̗͎̘͉an̤̘s ̲͔ͅͅḷ͙ik̲̭̻͇̝̪͕e ̙͈͔͔̥̲y̜̙͇̠̹͓͇o͈͇̜̥u̖̞̮̰ ̫a͖̹͈r̘̰̝e̹̳̘̙ ̭͉̗̤̱̰̞m̮̼̥̦͇̙̱a̭k̜in͓g̗̞̪͇ͅ ͙̹̖̼̬ͅit̥̲ ̘̬͕̜͍ͅh̹̱̩͕̝̯̪a͓̣̲͇̰pp̱̬̥̥̮͙e͖̖̼̦͔̦͔ṉ̻̺̼̠ͅ.͍̦̤͉͓̺ ̮̫͎̫͇
    N̬̼͈͔̹o ̙̫̖̞̗p͔r͉̗̞̫͍e͎̫̙̤̮s̪̭̥͔͉͓s̼͓̫̟̙u̦r̥͕̭͈e̬̼.͓̼̮͇̦̦͈
    

    So, the video star was a mistake and I refuse to dirty myself with their filth. TLDW, do we know if this a loot and shoot horde mulcher like Warfarm or a linear spectacle shooter made by people who are embarrassed by loot and shoot horde mulchers?

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    And the interceptor can do some sweet melee action

    "Anytime you replay a strong hold the npc dialogue is less than the first time." THANK YOU GOD!

    "Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out... *sigh* I don't know why I bother, you know this already Guardian."
    Ý̨̽͗̀o̸̒ūͨ ͊͑jͤͪͫ̎̒ù̸sͨ͛̄͗̔ͧ͡t̨ͧͭ̔͗͒ ̈́ͪ̈́ͨ̚ṅ̢̿e̢ͪ͂͊̎̽̅ͯv̶̿eͨ̾r̂͛ ͛́̍́̔ͮ̚qͩͣ̎u͝i͂t,̂̆̄ ͯ̑͊͌ͮͣd̶͑͐̎ͤ̾̓o̢̓̍̇̍͊͋ ͞y̴̋̊o͒u͗̅͋̂ͣ̋͂͏?́̋͏ ̷̒͒͋̔̍͐
    T͍͙͇o̼̣̤͔̪̮o̥͍̘͈͇̠͍k̺̫͈ ̼̭̯̙̜͇o͕̖͓̟̞͕͎uṱ͉ G̖͖̱̩̦h͎͔̩̺̲a̺̩̥̼͔̦u̦̞̫͕͍̮l̖͖̱͕̲͓.̻̘͔̦ ̥̜̩̩̫
    W̼̲̠̬o͇̳̼̗͕k͔̙͎̤ͅe ̦͎̻̟u͓͇̥̖͓̬p̮͙ ͇͓̝t̼̘͍̟ͅh̥̫̤e̝ ͇t̫͍͙̹̮̮ra͈̭v̪̞e̼̝l̹̱̹͚͉e̯̯̳̟r͕̻̱̱̭-̯̹̖̘̹͈͖ ̟͇͖͇
    a̫n̗̠̞͇̤d͈̹̟̪͍̗ ̤no̟͇w͍ ̯͍h̖͇̳a̖̪̗l̬̘̼̬f͚ ̭o̗̤f̫͕ ̗̱̖wh̩͔a̭͉̙͖t̺̥̗͙͙͎̟ I̤̗͉͇ ͔͍͉͇͎͇h̺e̟̯̯̠a̖͎̣̱r i͔̦̝n̞̞̦ ̺̪̳͍̝̹th̠̰͉̲̖̩͍e͉̜ͅ s̻̹̞̙̱̲t͇͇͚̹̭̪̪r̪ee̦̦̯̤t͍̭̬̞͖ͅs̖̭̝͓̪ͅ ̪̼̱i̺͖͖͎̤s̺̞ ̳h̰̝o̪̗w̫̗̱̗ ͙̟͉̯̜m̩ͅu̼̘̜̮͇c͚̗̪͚h͓̯̗ ̣͉̘̥y͚̬o̠̙͕ͅu̬͚͓̰͖̖͙ ͍̭̠̪a͎͎̲n͈̫d ̼͉̺̤͉y̲̟o͎͍̲̙̞u̝ṟ̝̲̤̫͙ c̱͖̩̠l̻̻̠̭̮a̭ṇ̹͓̭̘ ͕͍̥̙̗̞̺a͍͕̪͈̖r͕͖̩e͇̭̥͓̪ ̙̮m̳̪̟̦̼̱̗ak̺͓͍̖̲͉i͈̦̪͕n̪̦̱͔̰ͅg ̩͕̻̰a͇̥̙̥ ̩̺̻̰d̹̜̣i̗̗͕̜͇ffe̪̩̪re̩̘̺͓̬͈̞n͍̭̹̦c͖͍̥͍͈e̼̩̻̱͇,͉̜̠̼̖ ̯
    a̝̝͔ͅn͍̦͈̣̪d̙̘̘͎̙̣̼ ̰͉̭͇͕t̙͙̹h̪̗̭a͉̩͔͈t'̞s̝̗̬ ͚͙̠͓w̦̞͈̗͉ḫ̠̭͓̺y̥̭̟̪̖͕ ̼I̮̺ s̮t̼̝͓̞͔a͔r̺̭͇̻̬̻t͍͈͈̜ͅe͓̙͉̠̞͍ḓ͙ ̗̥͈t̙̺hi͈͓̮s̱̞̫ w̯̲h͓̱̫̘̹͚ͅo̩̱̫͔l̖e̫̼̱ ̙̹̰̞̮̯ͅc͙̩la̬̙̫̦n̜̜ ̟̬͕̬͓̯t̮͔͓̮̣ḫ̦̖̤i̥̬̪̦̭͖ng̤̟̯͔͇̺ ͇͕̤̗i̬̭̟̟̗̜̺n ̪̯t̫̫h̫̻̺̦͍e͔͉͓̩ ̭͙̰f̙̼̖i͙̤̜̲̯ͅr̻̺st̠ ̮͓͙̯͖p̩̲̟̣̯̯̥l̮͕̥͇a̻̟͓͔͖̥c̞̤̟̜̮̱e̼.̖̬̗͙̝̥ ͇͙̳͈̳
    P̬͖̱̗̫͓e͚̱̹͉op̗̟͚̰l̫̟̭e͓̖̯͍̜̞ ͕̥a̲̬͕̻͔̘̙r̠̤͈̪̙͖e͓̜̰͔̬̲̼ ͈̱͔͇s͖͕͖̖ti̞͉͚l̟͙̮̭̲̰̪ḻ̻̭̣̥̗ ̞͎̣̥̪̱wa̗̦̤͖̣̩̥i̠̺̣ṱi͙̙̙ng̯ f̩̼̬̻̦ͅo̯̪̙r̪̲̘̗ ͚͙͕͎̱̬t̝̙͇̟̙̤̥h̪̮̰e̩͇͍͖̩ ̫V̘̜̹̗͎͕ang̰̻̭u͈̻̦̟ͅar̫̫̟͎d͍̦ ͙̯t̬o̫̱̜̤̺ ͎͚̣͓l̻̱̥ͅẹ̼̙̺̫ͅa͓̯d̜ ̝t͉͈͇̬̺hͅe ̭͉̠̤̯̳wa̯̠̥͙y̗̯̜̮͉̳.̱̬͉̠̪̰̗ ̭̲
    B̦̹̩̩͓̙u̫̗̜t̜̜̫̼͇̲ ̝it͇͚̜̘'͙̟̞͇̜͇̺s ̯̗̺͔̲̘͇t̪̪̠͓͔i͈̲̥͍̮m͕̣̩͍ͅḛ̝͖ ̼̰͇͇͉͇f̰͚̯̳̗̖o̻r͇ ̝̙̲̟͉͔ͅa̳͉̪̮̺̩ ̺͓c̜̺̱̺̬̳h̞a͙n̯g̗e͚! ͚̗
    A̦̳̱ṋ̳͙̭͈ͅd͔͚͈̺ ͉̱̙g̘̥ụ͚ạ̞̣͖͎͚͕r̩d͕͈i̬̺̗͎̘͉an̤̘s ̲͔ͅͅḷ͙ik̲̭̻͇̝̪͕e ̙͈͔͔̥̲y̜̙͇̠̹͓͇o͈͇̜̥u̖̞̮̰ ̫a͖̹͈r̘̰̝e̹̳̘̙ ̭͉̗̤̱̰̞m̮̼̥̦͇̙̱a̭k̜in͓g̗̞̪͇ͅ ͙̹̖̼̬ͅit̥̲ ̘̬͕̜͍ͅh̹̱̩͕̝̯̪a͓̣̲͇̰pp̱̬̥̥̮͙e͖̖̼̦͔̦͔ṉ̻̺̼̠ͅ.͍̦̤͉͓̺ ̮̫͎̫͇
    N̬̼͈͔̹o ̙̫̖̞̗p͔r͉̗̞̫͍e͎̫̙̤̮s̪̭̥͔͉͓s̼͓̫̟̙u̦r̥͕̭͈e̬̼.͓̼̮͇̦̦͈
    

    So, the video star was a mistake and I refuse to dirty myself with their filth. TLDW, do we know if this a loot and shoot horde mulcher like Warfarm or a linear spectacle shooter made by people who are embarrassed by loot and shoot horde mulchers?

    Those words are English but I have no idea what you just said, Basil.

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
    DarkewolfedporowskiPreacherFencingsaxAndy JoeForarFawst
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Orca wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    And the interceptor can do some sweet melee action

    "Anytime you replay a strong hold the npc dialogue is less than the first time." THANK YOU GOD!

    "Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out... *sigh* I don't know why I bother, you know this already Guardian."
    Ý̨̽͗̀o̸̒ūͨ ͊͑jͤͪͫ̎̒ù̸sͨ͛̄͗̔ͧ͡t̨ͧͭ̔͗͒ ̈́ͪ̈́ͨ̚ṅ̢̿e̢ͪ͂͊̎̽̅ͯv̶̿eͨ̾r̂͛ ͛́̍́̔ͮ̚qͩͣ̎u͝i͂t,̂̆̄ ͯ̑͊͌ͮͣd̶͑͐̎ͤ̾̓o̢̓̍̇̍͊͋ ͞y̴̋̊o͒u͗̅͋̂ͣ̋͂͏?́̋͏ ̷̒͒͋̔̍͐
    T͍͙͇o̼̣̤͔̪̮o̥͍̘͈͇̠͍k̺̫͈ ̼̭̯̙̜͇o͕̖͓̟̞͕͎uṱ͉ G̖͖̱̩̦h͎͔̩̺̲a̺̩̥̼͔̦u̦̞̫͕͍̮l̖͖̱͕̲͓.̻̘͔̦ ̥̜̩̩̫
    W̼̲̠̬o͇̳̼̗͕k͔̙͎̤ͅe ̦͎̻̟u͓͇̥̖͓̬p̮͙ ͇͓̝t̼̘͍̟ͅh̥̫̤e̝ ͇t̫͍͙̹̮̮ra͈̭v̪̞e̼̝l̹̱̹͚͉e̯̯̳̟r͕̻̱̱̭-̯̹̖̘̹͈͖ ̟͇͖͇
    a̫n̗̠̞͇̤d͈̹̟̪͍̗ ̤no̟͇w͍ ̯͍h̖͇̳a̖̪̗l̬̘̼̬f͚ ̭o̗̤f̫͕ ̗̱̖wh̩͔a̭͉̙͖t̺̥̗͙͙͎̟ I̤̗͉͇ ͔͍͉͇͎͇h̺e̟̯̯̠a̖͎̣̱r i͔̦̝n̞̞̦ ̺̪̳͍̝̹th̠̰͉̲̖̩͍e͉̜ͅ s̻̹̞̙̱̲t͇͇͚̹̭̪̪r̪ee̦̦̯̤t͍̭̬̞͖ͅs̖̭̝͓̪ͅ ̪̼̱i̺͖͖͎̤s̺̞ ̳h̰̝o̪̗w̫̗̱̗ ͙̟͉̯̜m̩ͅu̼̘̜̮͇c͚̗̪͚h͓̯̗ ̣͉̘̥y͚̬o̠̙͕ͅu̬͚͓̰͖̖͙ ͍̭̠̪a͎͎̲n͈̫d ̼͉̺̤͉y̲̟o͎͍̲̙̞u̝ṟ̝̲̤̫͙ c̱͖̩̠l̻̻̠̭̮a̭ṇ̹͓̭̘ ͕͍̥̙̗̞̺a͍͕̪͈̖r͕͖̩e͇̭̥͓̪ ̙̮m̳̪̟̦̼̱̗ak̺͓͍̖̲͉i͈̦̪͕n̪̦̱͔̰ͅg ̩͕̻̰a͇̥̙̥ ̩̺̻̰d̹̜̣i̗̗͕̜͇ffe̪̩̪re̩̘̺͓̬͈̞n͍̭̹̦c͖͍̥͍͈e̼̩̻̱͇,͉̜̠̼̖ ̯
    a̝̝͔ͅn͍̦͈̣̪d̙̘̘͎̙̣̼ ̰͉̭͇͕t̙͙̹h̪̗̭a͉̩͔͈t'̞s̝̗̬ ͚͙̠͓w̦̞͈̗͉ḫ̠̭͓̺y̥̭̟̪̖͕ ̼I̮̺ s̮t̼̝͓̞͔a͔r̺̭͇̻̬̻t͍͈͈̜ͅe͓̙͉̠̞͍ḓ͙ ̗̥͈t̙̺hi͈͓̮s̱̞̫ w̯̲h͓̱̫̘̹͚ͅo̩̱̫͔l̖e̫̼̱ ̙̹̰̞̮̯ͅc͙̩la̬̙̫̦n̜̜ ̟̬͕̬͓̯t̮͔͓̮̣ḫ̦̖̤i̥̬̪̦̭͖ng̤̟̯͔͇̺ ͇͕̤̗i̬̭̟̟̗̜̺n ̪̯t̫̫h̫̻̺̦͍e͔͉͓̩ ̭͙̰f̙̼̖i͙̤̜̲̯ͅr̻̺st̠ ̮͓͙̯͖p̩̲̟̣̯̯̥l̮͕̥͇a̻̟͓͔͖̥c̞̤̟̜̮̱e̼.̖̬̗͙̝̥ ͇͙̳͈̳
    P̬͖̱̗̫͓e͚̱̹͉op̗̟͚̰l̫̟̭e͓̖̯͍̜̞ ͕̥a̲̬͕̻͔̘̙r̠̤͈̪̙͖e͓̜̰͔̬̲̼ ͈̱͔͇s͖͕͖̖ti̞͉͚l̟͙̮̭̲̰̪ḻ̻̭̣̥̗ ̞͎̣̥̪̱wa̗̦̤͖̣̩̥i̠̺̣ṱi͙̙̙ng̯ f̩̼̬̻̦ͅo̯̪̙r̪̲̘̗ ͚͙͕͎̱̬t̝̙͇̟̙̤̥h̪̮̰e̩͇͍͖̩ ̫V̘̜̹̗͎͕ang̰̻̭u͈̻̦̟ͅar̫̫̟͎d͍̦ ͙̯t̬o̫̱̜̤̺ ͎͚̣͓l̻̱̥ͅẹ̼̙̺̫ͅa͓̯d̜ ̝t͉͈͇̬̺hͅe ̭͉̠̤̯̳wa̯̠̥͙y̗̯̜̮͉̳.̱̬͉̠̪̰̗ ̭̲
    B̦̹̩̩͓̙u̫̗̜t̜̜̫̼͇̲ ̝it͇͚̜̘'͙̟̞͇̜͇̺s ̯̗̺͔̲̘͇t̪̪̠͓͔i͈̲̥͍̮m͕̣̩͍ͅḛ̝͖ ̼̰͇͇͉͇f̰͚̯̳̗̖o̻r͇ ̝̙̲̟͉͔ͅa̳͉̪̮̺̩ ̺͓c̜̺̱̺̬̳h̞a͙n̯g̗e͚! ͚̗
    A̦̳̱ṋ̳͙̭͈ͅd͔͚͈̺ ͉̱̙g̘̥ụ͚ạ̞̣͖͎͚͕r̩d͕͈i̬̺̗͎̘͉an̤̘s ̲͔ͅͅḷ͙ik̲̭̻͇̝̪͕e ̙͈͔͔̥̲y̜̙͇̠̹͓͇o͈͇̜̥u̖̞̮̰ ̫a͖̹͈r̘̰̝e̹̳̘̙ ̭͉̗̤̱̰̞m̮̼̥̦͇̙̱a̭k̜in͓g̗̞̪͇ͅ ͙̹̖̼̬ͅit̥̲ ̘̬͕̜͍ͅh̹̱̩͕̝̯̪a͓̣̲͇̰pp̱̬̥̥̮͙e͖̖̼̦͔̦͔ṉ̻̺̼̠ͅ.͍̦̤͉͓̺ ̮̫͎̫͇
    N̬̼͈͔̹o ̙̫̖̞̗p͔r͉̗̞̫͍e͎̫̙̤̮s̪̭̥͔͉͓s̼͓̫̟̙u̦r̥͕̭͈e̬̼.͓̼̮͇̦̦͈
    

    So, the video star was a mistake and I refuse to dirty myself with their filth. TLDW, do we know if this a loot and shoot horde mulcher like Warfarm or a linear spectacle shooter made by people who are embarrassed by loot and shoot horde mulchers?

    Those words are English but I have no idea what you just said, Basil.

    The important thing is that you watch this forward-looking video starring the Buggles singing a song about video:



    Again, video was a mistake.


    So for real baby dog lay it on me like an oil pipe hitting provincial borders during an unlawful protest, are we in for genocide by the hour or Nolan North starring in Nathon Fillion Goes To Space 2 as Nathon Fillion?

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    From the videos ive seen it appears to be leaning more towards the Destiny 2 than Warframe version of replayability.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Basil
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Basil, I need to know what drugs you're on, and how much they cost.

    What is this I don't even.
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Basil, I need to know what drugs you're on, and how much they cost.

    Also if they ship. That's important too. And none of this new-fangled bitecoiner dank web stuff either, you hear?

  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Basil, I need to know what drugs you're on, and how much they cost.

    And more to the point

    Why aren't you sharing?!

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Goddess with a blade Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Did.. . Someone break Basil?

    Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    it should reduce progressively, so that by the tenth or so time you've done it the NPC dialogue is just grunts and pointing

    This is what happens to the colisseum dialogue in AC Odyssey.

    "you want to fight? *spits*"
    "Gross."

    Then you choose your fight.

    FremCorsini
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Times like these I get bodied by you oates and it's like I'm left looking around all helpless like for that one fucker who'll admit to speaking jive in polite company- but lo,
    CorriganX wrote: »
    From the videos ive seen it appears to be leaning more towards the Destiny 2 than Warframe version of replayability.

    Ten-four, good buddy. My storage closet is always open for you.

    <3

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I hope there is an option to occasionally listen to the full dialogue again.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    From the videos ive seen it appears to be leaning more towards the Destiny 2 than Warframe version of replayability.

    For me it's sounds more like The Division than Destiny 2. In Destiny 2 the only way to upgrade your gear was those guaranteed powerful engrams from dailys/weeklies (no idea if they changed this or not). It seems like Anthem end-game is going to be more about farming end-game mission (Strongholds) runs and whatever other type of dynamic content they push out for actual RNG drops, like The Division's farmable story missions. Hopefully they get around to expanding the end-game treadmill more than the early Division (grind Lex over and over) to what they were able to offer lately.

    PreacherBasilForar
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    From the videos ive seen it appears to be leaning more towards the Destiny 2 than Warframe version of replayability.

    For me it's sounds more like The Division than Destiny 2. In Destiny 2 the only way to upgrade your gear was those guaranteed powerful engrams from dailys/weeklies (no idea if they changed this or not). It seems like Anthem end-game is going to be more about farming end-game mission (Strongholds) runs and whatever other type of dynamic content they push out for actual RNG drops, like The Division's farmable story missions. Hopefully they get around to expanding the end-game treadmill more than the early Division (grind Lex over and over) to what they were able to offer lately.

    The division when I played uhh two hundred hours this year (seriously? Jesus when you look at it like that...) actually had a pretty good source of what you could do. Like there were solo farms, group farms, and just general stuff. A nice variety.

    That's what these games really need to aim for, not saying that a solo player should be able to get as many drops as like a group player, but both should feel rewarded choosing activities to participate in. I wish another looter shooter would take the divisions pve pubg light mode, survival was super god damn fun for me.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    SimpsoniaMortious
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The most recent live gameplay is the first time the game has actually looked fun to me.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well the most recent live was the closest we've seen to like real gameplay. Including shit talking people for not helping.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    3clipseRenzoFencingsaxSorce
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    As far as this lootbox convo goes I generally don't mind paying for new content cause it doesn't just appear out of thin air.

    But there is no good reason why stuff shouldn't just be buyable flat out outside of trying to get people to spend more money. OW is included in this.

    And I used to defend that stuff cause its optional(and I used to think harmless) but eh...especially with D2's release I started to see that stuff affecting how games were made in a fundamental way.

    And recently I've been seeing reports that their has been a rise in gambling addiction in children and that's no coincidence.

    Dragkonias on
    soylenth
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    As for the game itself...just hoping its challenging in a fun way and there is depth to it.

    So far these mmo-lites have yet to really grab me cause many are pretty shallow on the gameplay end and seem to simply be there to feed into the grind loop.

    Also a story that actually feels interesting and not just tacked on to get you ready for the endgame grind.

    Dragkonias on
    soylenth
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    It's really a shame that so many of the hooks that keep retirees dumping coins into slot machines like zombies have made their way into AAA gaming. It's a little mystifying they aren't regulated the same way under the same umbrellas.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    It's really a shame that so many of the hooks that keep retirees dumping coins into slot machines like zombies have made their way into AAA gaming. It's a little mystifying they aren't regulated the same way under the same umbrellas.

    Because the Gov is full of old men who probably haven't played a video game since Pac-man and call every console Nintendo.

    That said if the gaming industry keeps going the way they are I have a feeling its gonna get to big to ignore.

    soylenth
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    the outrage over battlefront 2 seemed to get some the attention of a few lawmakers, here and in europe. But yes, largely a function of gaming not even kind of being a part of their lives.

    Shadowfire
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    So the classes look to be Flippy Ninja, Floaty Mage, Immovable Object, and Soldier.

    Not a bad combo to start with, really. Can't wait to see the impossible variants people put together.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    Preacher
This discussion has been closed.