As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Realm draws tonight! Login for a free 11 pull for player favs! (Daily Draw!)

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    DFFOO has actually taken a leap backwards in qol with the move from score based to token based MP since the cost of items is twice what it ever was in JP and you get half the rewards JP ever did

I'm not a fan of spending 4x the time they did for the same rewards

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Got my fifth daily hit - Morrow LMR.

Well, that's an instant rainbow crystal...

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Managed to do the 8 Cid Mission. Only got expert but my team wasn't ideal. Which is saying something because I had Squall BSB2+AOSB+LMR, Rinoa CSB, BSB2, Rajin SSB, Fujin BSB. Selphie had uh... Trabia's Light and that might be slightly showing its age these days. Which is to say I finished with no hones on selphie, Raijin without enough meter to Aura and everyone about to die from the next hit when instant cast Metsu saved the day.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    V pull got me 1/3 Greg LMR. Dual cast is always nice.

My 4 day streak broke for daily. Got a three star.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    So I've been trying to reproduce this clear of Jenova Torment part 3:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/97xgqn/sub30_d_porpoise_guide_ff7_neo_torment_jenova/

I don't have Shelke BSB or Cloud LMR W-cast Wind, so I'm sure it won't be sub 30, but I'm hoping for at least a kill. Still, compared to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFk11VzeRzM

I'm always way behind on time. Each turn I lose about .2s compared to the video, which adds up over time (.4 behind, .6, etc.), and ends up messing a lot of later timing up, leading to wipes. Not sure if this is a problem that's only fixable by getting a new phone.

Alternatively, it may be because I have to input ~100 different commands in a strictly precise order at certain times over the course of many minutes, with any mistake leading to instant wipe, and I just don't have the focus to do that.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: Β»
    DFFOO has actually taken a leap backwards in qol with the move from score based to token based MP since the cost of items is twice what it ever was in JP and you get half the rewards JP ever did

Man, I wanted to like DFFOO but I just like FFRK's battle system a lot more. Give me crazy USBs and AOSBs any day of the week.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: Β»

It has leapt forwards in literally every other aspect though

and judging by the (righteous) complaining on the subreddit, the ratios/costs will probably change soon because the DFFOO NA team is actually good at responding to community feedback

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: Β»
    Got my fifth daily hit - Morrow LMR.

Well, that's an instant rainbow crystal...

and today I got another 2*.

still at 0 rainbows from the daily.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I am now at seven daily draw relics, just got lenna bsb2. Not necessary since I have her usb, but it's fine.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, after r4ing Ironfist Earth, what else should I maintain for Monk Double Tifa? I could maintain a copy of Gaia Rush, or I could wait until we get Philosopher's Stone.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    So, after r4ing Ironfist Earth, what else should I maintain for Monk Double Tifa? I could maintain a copy of Gaia Rush, or I could wait until we get Philosopher's Stone.

Is the +atk buff not worth using? I thought it would be.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Meteor Crush? Yeah, I could use that. It's got a problem with low max damage due to hitting twice, but it's an option.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So looking at those banners, I think after this fest I'm just saving for six months.

Also, is Ultima weapon scripted to have two light pillars? I almost beat him this time, and would have, if not for the second one of those. Ugh.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    So looking at those banners, I think after this fest I'm just saving for six months.

Also, is Ultima weapon scripted to have two light pillars? I almost beat him this time, and would have, if not for the second one of those. Ugh.

Yes. First turn sub 80 and 30 I think?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    One thing the 6 month outlook has shown is that elemental chain 2.0 is still going to be a thing; they are just going to have more chain holders rather than reworking the mechanic.

Any chain pulls for the foreseeable future will still be viable, at least. Just, maybe it'll be on a character you prefer later on down the line.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So I'm trying to clear VII D240 torment and I just keep dying. Did anyone do this without a healer and if so how?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    You could perhaps eat the penalty and bring in your best off-realm healer.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I was just barely able to sub-30 the D280 VII Torment with an off-realm healer (Yshtola) and my super stacked Cloud. Don't have Zack chain for the bonus crit damage, which would have made it much more comfortable.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I suppose since I only need to do the 240 that would be acceptable.

edit: Thanks guys, 18.06 replacing Mending Flame with Elarra USB.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I wish Mending Flame was better; i like the animation.

• Options
    Hm. Do I save mythril for the the ability to do 2 lucky draws, or do I just use it on ROP? The latter has cost-effectiveness going for it (I could roll on the USB banner, get a dupe or Y'shtola/11, and be out more mythril than I would in the remaining ROP draws), but the former has a narrower band of power going for it.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    If I had your choice I’d do rop and then save mythtil for the power sprint in six months.

Rop is almost never worth skipping.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    There's always a power sprint in six months, but I hear ya on the ROP.

• Options
    Disagree: see last fest to this fest. Also while next fest may look better than this one it may or may not have 2% off banner chance.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    RoP doesn't end right away so you can always do the luckies and catch the RoPs later.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Disagree: see last fest to this fest. Also while next fest may look better than this one it may or may not have 2% off banner chance.

Didn't they kill that experiment after a month or two?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»

Didn't they kill that experiment after a month or two?

Hell, I thought it was just a couple weeks.

• Options
    Next fest was in those two weeks.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    RoP doesn't end right away so you can always do the luckies and catch the RoPs later.

That's what I'm doing, to ensure I can do a pull on banner 1. No pulls on the rest of RoP unless I get over 100 mythril.

In other news, due to the Belgium legislation/etc with regards to lootboxes, some mobile games have stopped allowing people to purchase currency there. Just a heads up: wouldn't surprise me if others follow suit, both games and countries.

• Options
    Next fest was in those two weeks.

I keep forgetting that fests are quarterly.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

That's what I'm doing, to ensure I can do a pull on banner 1. No pulls on the rest of RoP unless I get over 100 mythril.

In other news, due to the Belgium legislation/etc with regards to lootboxes, some mobile games have stopped allowing people to purchase currency there. Just a heads up: wouldn't surprise me if others follow suit, both games and countries.

Dena just doesn’t care. Almost a year ago apple policy was changed to prohibit selling loot boxes without publishing rates. Guess what no rates on iOS for FFRK. Rates in pad. I brought it up to apple several times and they don’t care either. If I have to be a wageslave in a corporate distopia at least give me magic or something.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Oh yeah, good point.

...I think it's time to go back to "no money ever" for this game.

• Options
    FF8 CM complete. Hoy. That was rough!

• Options
    Got me a dupe of Ceodore's USB sword. Which is fine by me. I have no problem with making my absolute strongest sword even more best than it already was.

• Options
    Edge SSB dupe. Eblan Dupelganger?

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Ugh. Yang SSB. Absolutely dreadful results from the whole SNES era.

Shantotto USB alone would be worth the 85 mythril, but I have to admit I was really expecting to do better than this on a relic-by-relic basis.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options

Number Two's eyes narrowed and became what are known in the Shouting and Killing People trade as cold slits, the idea presumably being to give your opponent the impression that you have lost your glasses or are having difficulty keeping awake. Why this is frightening is an, as yet, unsolved problem.

38thDoE on steam

• Options

A clone of a clone?

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Golbez SSB (en-dark). Not a dupe, but wow is that thing dated.

• Options
    And Rubicante bsb.

Must oppertunity.

This thing should open with restoring the boss to full life.

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.