As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Realm draws tonight! Login for a free 11 pull for player favs! (Daily Draw!)

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    1/11 - dupe Orlandeu OSB

Knew I was screwed as soon as I saw the disco. 3/4 dupes out of the 6*s. Was mostly hoping for one of the LMRs.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I have more than half this banner. The only thing useful would probably be Terra LMR. But... free is free.

1/11 Squall BSB2 (dupe x2)

Dupe/11 is unsurprising, but this one stings since I paid for that relic on a dream select banner a while ago, and have now gotten it in other draws twice.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2018
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    No edge ssb? Really ! Really! Lol of course!

Thank you dena! So gracious! That’s it I’m going to start buying gems! They deserve it! I’ll just mail them money, they’ve done enough for me.

Can you give it a rest already?

A duck! on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    uh.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    2/11 with a disco
    Dupe terra BSB2
    ZACK GEN 1.5 CHAIN WHOOOO

*ahem* I mean "yay"

• Options
    Also puts me up to fucking 9 dupes, so no way in hell I'm even throwing a 100 gem at that, TGCid USB nonwithstanding.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    2/11: Noct LMR Cloud BSB2, both dupe but then over half the banner was so not unexpected.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    1/11 rainbow, only have 2 of those so should be okay.

noctis ssb (3rd copy lol)

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I have everything on this banner except Cloud USB1 and Tidus BSB2. I'm not expecting anything great.

2/11, one disco - Squall BSB2 (dupe), Orlandeau OSB (dupe).

Eh, I guess I can combine Orlandeau's sword.

Edit: Even combining it, his OSB sword is only my third best +holy weapon in Tactics. :?

Darklyre on
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    9/14 dupes

2/11 Onion LMR dupe, Terra LMR jackpot!

Mostly-complete Terra! Not like I need SSB or BSB1. (Completionist-me is twitching.)

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Free draw...

3/11, with two discos!

Two Cloud USB "Ultra Cross Slash" and Squall BSB "Steely Blade". Would have kind of appreciated two different discos, but it's free, so I'll just level it and make the sword stronger and put it in my bin for my VII relics.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I actually can still use most of these items (only 1 dupe disco and 4 dupes total), so of course I only got a third way to give terra enfire.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    3/11 with a disco!

Terra LMR (YES! One of three items I didn't have)
    OK LMR (game, I paid cash money for this)
    Zack CSB (game, I spent 1000 mythril trying to get this, and you just casually drop it in my lap now?!)

Jokes on me, since all the Discos were dupes.

This banner is basically a list of metagame items I pursued relentlessly, failed to acquire, and then decided were important enough to straight up purchase via Dream Select draws.
    Zack CSB: spent a few 100 mythril every time it came out, with maybe one exception
    Cloud USB1: chased this like crazy when it came out, and got extras from Lucky Draws after
    Orlandeau USB: chased this when it came out, and fortunately oopsed into it
    Orlandeau OSB: didn't get this the first few times I tried for it, but got it while chasing his USB. Would have paid $$ for it.
    Squall BSB2: straight up bought it, as it was necessary for Tiamat
    Cloud BSB2: 100 gem'd this, and skipped the rest of that banner it was on, despite it having Zack's CSB
    Terra BSB2: don't have this!
    Ramza BSB2: straight up bought it
    Tidus BSB2: straight up bought it, then got a few more copies when I was trying for his USB on a fest banner, much to my chagrin
    Onion Knight: straight up bought it
    Tidus LMR: got many copies while unsuccessfully chasing his USB
    Terra LMR: don't have this!
    Cloud LMR1: Got this in the course of pursuing actually useful stuff
    Noctis SSB: don't have this!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    2/11: Noctis LMR, Orlandu OSB

I guess I shouldn't complain about two new items from such a minefield of dupes, but goddammit Zack Chain, you're killing me. Can't justify chasing it since I already have all of the other 6* items on the banner.

...what's that you say, daily draw? Decil USB? Uh, ok!

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    This is probably the single strongest banner ever, even if it's mostly older stuff people have been chasing for years. For a newer player with few dupes though, this is a huge shot in the arm of power.

• Options
    Dupe Lulu BSB for me on the daily draw, sweet sweet +ice armor.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Cloud BSB2 dupe, Terra LMR dupe. At least the price was right.

• Options
    This is probably the single strongest banner ever, even if it's mostly older stuff people have been chasing for years. For a newer player with few dupes though, this is a huge shot in the arm of power.

Yep I'm thinking I might even want to pull again. I'd still want Cloud/Cid USB and Zack CSB as well as Ramza/Tidus BSB and Tidus/Terra LMR.

Will have to think about that one.

• Options
    Well wednesdays are going to be annoying.

Dark orbs: still the orb I need the most now that i'm trying to R5 some stuff
    Dark crystals: Actually the crystal I need the most right now (just a bunch of stuff R4 would be nice for)
    Ice crystals: the crystal I want the most of for abilities we don't have access to yet.

Oh right, wednesday. Reminder: gyshals!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Only run crystals until gyshal store updates. Especially during double drop.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    shit. I already have Squall BSB, Terra BSB, Ramza BSB and OK LMR (which oh boy! new entruster!). But on the other hand...man Zack Chain, Cloud USB and TGC USB. Man I'm seriously considering pulling again.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Only run crystals until gyshal store updates. Especially during double drop.

But I hunger for Major Earth Orbs. I need 100 for my Bard goals, and getting that from Crystal dungeon Greater Orb runoffs will take forever.

• Options
    If getting those earth orbs help you clear content then obviously run that. The general advice is sound though.

Also if anyone is having trouble with King Bee, the upcoming II banner seems like a King Bee slayer.

Maria BSB LMR(LMR is earth boost bracer)
    Emperor USB2 6* Earth Boost Rod, Earth Chase and -Atk/Mag Debuff that overwrites King Bee's savage mode buff.
    Emperor Glint removes King Bee's enlighting. ( also instant cast and qucik cast 2)
    Emperor LMR is enearth
    Emperor USB1 Imperil Earth
    Emperor BSB Enearth

You also have a 0CT Last Stand Medica
    and some Firion stuff which eh.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Wait wait wait.

Wait.

An ATK/MAG debuff would override KB's lighting Rage power buff? Meaning that Last Stand may not be necessary if one is carrying Enfeebling Jitterbug?

If I hadn't already snagged enough KBs to have him at 99, I'd definitely try that out.

Yeah, that banner looks real nice. I have mixed feelings about that Maria LMR, largely because I wound up with better results using her LM1 and LM2, but it's objectively a good LM and a damn fine piece of equipment. It has more ATK power than some of those Kelger armours I have, and it's supposed to be a Mage armour.

• Options
    I'm not sure that I could swap things around to get the slots to fit jitterbug, but that's how I understand it.

I agree, my Maria couldn't make use of that RM, but the armor is solid. Which is great because I have three of them. If you have enough other pieces to not let the fight drag out it might be better.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Probably. In my case, I needed the magic buildup, but a team with a Chain or perhaps a magic Bard could get better use out of the RLM.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I don't think there's a way to turn off the damage boost that Behemoth King and certain other 5* magicites get in their enrage mode, it's just "this thing deals 1.5x damage while in this state", not a boost to ATK/MAG. You can turn off stuff like Brave or Faith with the appropriate break, though.

Fry on
  • Options
    I think you are right. Still it is a 70% atk and magic break.
    Power Breakdown appears to be only 40% atk down while magic Breakdown is 50%. I'm not sure why that is.
    So 21% vs 12 or 15 I guess.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I wonder if I would get more power out of Terra by using Battleforged instead of Spark of Life. Using Battleforged would let her (with wrath) use her Glint on turn 2, and then probably get to her bubsy a lot faster because of it. And Aura Stacking is a significant power boost, so getting stacks of that might offset the power loss by not using a damage RM. I guess I just gotta try it out and see. Also, I really need to find a new guaranteed method for intentionally Trancing. I'm cheating with Vivi by using Magician's Red Flaming Stand.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Power and Magic breakdowns reduce the relevant stat by different amounts because the damage formulas based on ATK and MAG scale differently. The result is that they tend to help your survivability by similar amounts. Or at least, they did back when enemy stats weren't mega bloated. Top-difficulty content nowadays is so far above the ATK and MAG softcaps that your breaks typically won't get them below softcap, so in practice Magic Breakdown does a little more for you than Power Breakdown.

Fry on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Special login event, 50 mythril (5 per day).

II event tomorrow. Only one banner, presumably well have a pick-up banner on Sunday.

• Options
    Special login event, 50 mythril (5 per day).

II event tomorrow. Only one banner, presumably well have a pick-up banner on Sunday.

Huh. No reason given for it.

Well, I won't complain about an extra 50 blues.

• Options
    Okay, now that I've got that chain (and other potential users like edge and OK), finally made flash disaster.

• Options
    I think we get a truly awful fire pickup banner with no chains.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Part of me kind of wants to take a swing at the II banner and try to make Firion happen.

No real reason, really. I feel like that about a lot of characters/banners even when it's pretty silly. Common sense will likely win out though. Gotta save that mythril!

edit: oh, right, fire banner, thanks for reminding me. USB/BSB/lmrs for Locke, Vincent, Zell, Sabin, and Amarant. Unless you need any of those specifically, seems like a safe pass.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    killing seymore elemental mcspinner by ignoring the mechanic and shooting my holy team at him was fairly enjoyable.

that fight is such a butt.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So I think I’ve got the tools to take down Geo, but lacking in the β€˜is legend dived’ aspect that I feel is implied when bringing anyone into 5* Magicite, which is unfortunate

• Options
    Dang, Rem is getting some hella nice toys in the upcoming JP event.

An AASB, Arcane, and her glint is En-Holy/stack and gain 250 SB points.

• Options
    Holy shit.

This discussion has been closed.