Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Hunger of the Beast[ToA]

1810121314

Posts

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited September 1
    The wolf yelps, using Dodge to block 3 damage and dash backwards to C4:D5.
    @discrider make an Ini check for perception. Also, since you used Shadow Walk, what does Har's teleport look like?

    @AustinP0027 Victor's turn!

    Just as a reminder, you don't need to roll for attacking the wolf anymore this round since it's already reacted, unless you have some effect to inflict.

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10+4 for deckhands

    deckhands:
    1d10+4 14 [1d10=10]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Like from whose perspective @Xagar ?

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor steps forward to unleash another round of healing on the group that was bunched up.

    Move to C13.
    Cast Waters if Life C12:D13.
    Nasim gains 2 hp(to full), Victor gains 3.

    @joshgotro

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    From the outside, Har appears to move into a sea mist on one side of the 'port, before reappearing through a developing cloud of the same mist on the other side, a short time later and slightly out of breath.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Aub moves to E10 with Focused Defense facing north.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Aub moves to E10 with Focused Defense facing north.

    (you could use Cover...)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    To move the full four tiles I have to end adjacent to an ally. Are we not all making a mad dash to get to the wolf?

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    To move the full four tiles I have to end adjacent to an ally. Are we not all making a mad dash to get to the wolf?
    Noo, the ally-swapping is an optional effect you can use at the end of the dash. You can just use it to dash towards an ally no matter the distance.

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    To move the full four tiles I have to end adjacent to an ally. Are we not all making a mad dash to get to the wolf?
    Noo, the ally-swapping is an optional effect you can use at the end of the dash. You can just use it to dash towards an ally no matter the distance.
    Then yes, E9.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @discrider You see in its eyes, even in the midst of battle, that the wolf looks confused that you had attacked it.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited September 1
    This is a good time to use Defensive Stance, so I'll just say Aub did that.

    The wolf charges to C9:D10 and attempts to bite down on Aub-
    Geth, roll 1d10 for effect

    effect:
    1d10 7 [1d10=7]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited September 1
    Geth, roll 1d10 for attack

    The wolf bits for 8 damage, but Aub prepared herself for the strike, blocking 6 damage with Defensive Stance, 2 with Parry, and dealing 4 damage back. The wolf grabs her in its jaws! Aub is now grappled and immobilized (can't move or use skills that move as part of their effects).
    Har fires off an arrow for 3 damage with Lunge.

    The wolf growls, and its hair grows thicker and darker, just like the strange beast you had fought the previous day. It seems enraged and will deal and take more damage.

    attack:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Nasim blocks its escape, moving to C8. Her shadow moves to A5. She then strikes it with Execute, dealing 10 damage!

    The sheep and Abby baa nervously and shift around.

    Bottom of Round 3
    Victor has 2 Speed left to use Reposition with if he wishes. @AustinP0027

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ...
    "Hey! Hey! Put her down!", Har yells at the beast, discarding her seed wrapping.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited September 1
    @discrider I didn't ask before, where is it located on your arm? Also which arm? It's about the size of a plum pit and has grown in smoothly with your skin, though it is a bit reddish around the edges.

    If you'd like to try to communicate on your turn with your action, it's a disadvantaged background check, as you don't know how to speak wolf and it's in combat.

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It's implanted on her left forearm.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I’ll use my remaining speed to move to E13

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "I said,"
    Har pops onto the beast's back at D9,
    "Drop It", Har growls into the beast's ear.

    Geth roll 1d10+2 for Hanging on like a limpet

    Hanging:
    1d10+2 4 [1d10=2]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    joshgotroXagarAustinP0027
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited September 1
    The wolf moves its head as Har mounts up, causing its teeth to shift uncomfortably around Aub. It doesn't make a move to shake its new rider off, however.

    @discrider you still have an action.

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Well that didn't work
    Har sighs, and pulls out her bow.

    "Hey! Hey! Look what I've got!'
    Har waves the bow in front of the wolf's face.
    "Hey! Go get it!"
    Har pitches the bow past the wolf's head somewhere into 9 hopefully a bit past E.

    Geth roll 1d10+2 for throwing a stick

    throwing a stick:
    1d10+2 12 [1d10=10]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    The wolf doesn't do anything in response to that that you can see, but throwing away your weapon has made it clear that you, at least, are not interested in hurting it anymore.

    @AustinP0027 Victor's turn! In case it wasn't clear, the cleanse from your Deliverance can break the grapple, or you could push them apart with Revival Burst.
    r9r94t4xxtwe.png

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor raises a hand and points it at Aub. The wolf had her in it's mouth, but the Radiant was forming a ball of Aether that would make it drop her, hopefully gently, to the ground. Har was dealing with the wolf, so Victor was able to focus on saving his ally.

    Cast Deliverance at Aub.

    @joshgotro or maybe @Xagar if any narration needs to happen first

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    *giant wolf barfing noise*

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Is the wolf under Har's influence?
    @Xagar

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "I wouldn' bet on it.
    I got no clue what I'm doin'."

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    @Xagar

    Aub moves to E10 and uses Destruction Fist and Focused Defense facing west.

    Geth roll 1d10 for violence.

    violence:
    1d10 3 [1d10=3]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @joshgotro since this is the first time you use an ultimate, you have to narrate what it looks like!

    The wolf uses Dodge to block 3 damage and dash to A9:B10, but still takes 14 damage from this devastating blow. It also looks further enraged and also under half Health.

    Geth, roll 1d10 for courage

    courage:
    1d10 10 [1d10=10]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited September 4
    The wolf, now almost entirely covered in dark, spiky hair, moves to B6:C7 and does a bite on Nasim, crushing her in its jaws for 12 damage. Nasim, still under the effect of her Defiance, refuses to be grappled, wrestling herself out of its jaws.

    Geth, roll 2#1d10 for attack, effect

    @discrider do you want to react with Lunge against the wolf?

    attack, effect:
    2#1d10 2 # 9 [1d10=9] 6 [1d10=6]

    Xagar on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    @Xagar Can I make it anime as hell?

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @joshgotro This whole game is anime as hell so yes.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    discrider do you want to react with Lunge against the wolf?

    Sure, if 'reacting' is beating on its hide pitiably and crying for it to stop.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    @Xagar

    Destruction Fist
    Phase One: DBZ yelling
    Phase Two: Hand begins to glow as aether starts circling the fist and wind kicks up.
    Phase Three: Shoryuken
    Phase Four: Wind dies down.

    Xagar
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d2 for Nasim's action choice

    Nasim's action choice:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Nasim sprints over the rider's prone form, reaching Victor at D13. She then uncorks a small bottle from her belt, using Healing Salve on herself.

    The sheep and Abby continue to stand their ground.

    Bottom of Round 4
    -Victor can Reposition if he would like, as I don't think he moved this round.
    -Nasim's Healing Salve takes effect, healing her for 4 and granting her double vigor, which replaces her clarity and heals her for another 4.

    @AustinP0027 Reposition?

    Top of Round 5
    @discrider Har's turn!
    amuodzqyivzs.png

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "C'mon, you brute!
    We've all had enough.
    Let's get out of here!"

    Har starts desperately trying to steer the beast west, through 6/7, away from the fighting and out of harm's way

    Geth roll 2d10l1

    2d10l1 2 [2d10l1=[2], 9]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    joshgotro
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    81xj6zwy7wyu.png

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm repositioning to D11 at the end of last round.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    It's also now your turn @AustinP0027

Sign In or Register to comment.