Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Hunger of the Beast[ToA]

18910111214»

Posts

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    "Might wanna ask up at the church, maybe?" The other sister chimes in with an "Or the Hall." The first nods and agrees. "Definitely better than the ground."

    Har is reasonably certain there's no one close enough to listen in the din, although they're definitely attracting attention.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    "Thanks for the tips!" Victor leaves the inn to go look for his companions. They would have to try one of the other options if they were hoping to get a good night's sleep.
    Assuming here that Vic pauses, because any convo that is going on would end before he joined back up with the group

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Har continues, 'S up to you if you want to keep riling the sheep up or take a hands on approach of course.'

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Victor, being the tallest person in the room, can see Hans wrapping up a one-sided conversation with Otto. The patriarch's family rotates to allow the shepherd's exit, who comes over with a smile. "If you don't mind squeezing in, you can use one of our rooms." He quickly corrects himself "er, my room."

    ---
    James laughs nervously, and says "I'm no fighter. I'd only get in the way of you, uh, brave adventurers." He pauses for a moment. "But that means you know something, yes? Tell me and we can call a town meeting. I'm sure we'll be able to rise up and sweep these vicious oppressors off our land!"

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "Uh .."
    Har hesitates as a million reasons not to flood her mind.
    Foremost was that you must pick your own crew, unless you want to sail with a scarred man with an all-too clean sword, who manages to be halfway through killing the poultry, once you've waded through the mess he's made of the enemy's sleeping quarters.

    "I'm not so sure they're all oppressors.", Har tries.
    "Seems like most of 'em are scared of the leaders. Might be regular folk even. Don't know if there's been kidnappings."

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    "Kidnappings?" His excitement drops off nearly immediately. "Well, there were some stories from downriver, but I never heard much about it, so I assumed it was resolved. And you're saying that these bandits aren't some foreign invaders after all?" He shakes his head. "Looks like I'm going to have rewrite my speech."

    "Ah, where did you get all this information? I can't imagine the bandit camp is only a day's ride out." His face twists up. "Is it?"

    Though I didn't mention it specifically, you would have gotten the bandit's name when interrogating him. If you wanted to look into him, you could make a background check to gather info - though James is probably not the person to ask.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ...
    Har baulks a bit at the man's interrogation.
    "While we were out, we came across a survivor. Came from the bandit camp. Didn't get much from him, 'fore he died from his wounds.
    But we've got a direction at least, and we intend to 'ead out and see what we can do.
    'nyway, if you've made y'mind not to come with, we'll be out of your hair."


    Har motions at Aub to leave, and then sets out to look for the bandit's family here.
    Perhaps they might know what he was involved in.

    Geth roll 1d10 for Finding Kin

    Finding Kin:
    1d10 7 [1d10=7]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited October 25
    James seems a bit flustered as you peace out on him.

    Geth, roll 1d2 for what type of information you found on Jakob Duhr.

    what type of information you found:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited October 25
    You spend several hours talking to the townsfolk, asking about a man who travels with a dire wolf, and learn that he was somewhat of a local legend. As the story goes, he rescued a wolf cub from an avalanche as a child, which became his companion, eventually growing to an unusual size. Jakob and Ajax were known most famously for their hunting of other wolf packs and other dangerous animals in the wilderness on the eastern side of the valley.

    You've heard he had a cabin on the Ilune Reservoir, well to the east of Roaring Fork, the next town downriver. If he had any family, they're likely there.

    Xagar on
18910111214»
Sign In or Register to comment.