Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Hunger of the Beast[ToA]

1121315171823

Posts

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Skills: Yes
    I believe Har's only choice is Lunge over Riposting Shadows
    A: Piercing Thrust, Purge, Counter Stance, Execute
    S: Duelist Finesse
    M: Shadow Walk
    U: Flowing Blades

    Har tightens her grip on her hammer, and creeps south 3, before taking up her counter stance.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d2 for caster action choice

    caster action choice:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited February 23
    The man in the red robe shouts an arcane word and raises his staff, and a bolt of lightning arcs between its tip and the wolf.

    Caster (1) uses Thunderbolt on Ajax!
    Geth, roll 1d10 for attack roll
    Ajax reacts with Dodge, blocking damage and dashing to E8:F9.
    Caster (1) moves to E13.

    Healer (2) uses Waters of Life, healing Regular (7) for 5.
    Healer (2) moves to G13.

    @AustinP0027 Victor's turn!

    attack roll:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]

    Xagar on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor whispers to his group, "Looks like they are attacking the wolf. Which side are we taking here?"

    Victor moves south 3 (to A4)

    @joshgotro

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 25
    "We're here for the bandits! Avoid the beast!"

    Aub kicks into Colonel's sides. Colonel rushes to B10.

    As Colonel comes to a halt Aub jumps up and feet touching the saddle, [Murderous Leap] leaps and dashes to I9.

    Aub uses [Devastation] towards 6.

    Geth roll 1d10 for dark magics.

    @Xagar

    dark magics:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]

    joshgotro on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    oxejpuwg34xg.jpg

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    XagarjoshgotroAustinP0027
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited February 25
    Aub lands, her hair a vertical streak of red, settling behind her and the sword she just plunged into the ground. She tears it free and hissing bolts of black lightning pulp the wet earth in front of her, crawling over the group of shocked men.

    Aub attacks G10:I12, dealing 4 damage to Regular (6), and 2 damage to Regular (5) and Regular (7). The Soldier (3) reacts with Deflect and blocks the damage.

    ---
    The Soldier growls at Aub, but remains focused on the bigger threat as he sees it, moving to F9 and using Shoulder Ram to push Ajax back 1 tile. He then strikes with his sword, using Enduring Strike to heal for 3 and deal 6 damage. Ajax's Enrage increases the damage to 8.

    Regular (4) behind the Soldier does the same, moving to E9 and cutting into the beast's flank, dealing 8 damage total. At this, Ajax roars, and its hair extends into spiked bristles in a now-familiar way. He seems further enraged.

    Regular (5) moves to H9 and swings at Aub, who takes the hit for 6 damage, choosing not to react until the right moment.

    Regular (6) limps over to H12 towards his Healer, shouting for help.

    Regular (7) charges forwards to I10, but Aub experty parries, blocking -4 damage with Focused Defense, negating the remaining 2 damage with her plating, and reacting with Counter to deal him 6 damage. The man falls, neatly run through.

    ---
    Ajax will counter with his own forceful move to F8:G9, using Shove to push Soldier (3) back 1 tile. He then rears up and slams the ground, sending mud flying and blasting the snow into eddies that gently swirl back into their typical fall.

    Ajax uses Slam, attempting to inflict stagger and dealing 6 damage to D6:I11, attacking 3, 4, 5, 7, and Aub.
    The stagger counteracts the Soldier and Aub's stability, removing it, and 3 and 4 are looking mighty unsteady.

    Geth, roll 1d10 for stagger success
    Geth, roll 1d10 for slam attack roll

    ---
    No one has any end step actions.

    ---
    Regular (7) loses 1 Spirit at the end of the round.

    stagger success:
    1d10 7 [1d10=7]
    slam attack roll:
    1d10 8 [1d10=8]

    Xagar on
    joshgotro
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited February 25
    Round 2
    4tmmvoan2fzf.png

    @discrider Har's turn!
    (At the start of Har's turn, Counter Stance ends.)

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    "od dammit Aub"
    Xagar wrote: »
    Regular (5) moves to H9 and swings at Aub, who takes the hit for 6 damage, choosing not to react until the right moment.

    Regular (7) charges forwards to I10, but Aub experty parries, blocking -4 damage with Focused Defense, negating the remaining 2 damage with her plating, and reacting with Counter to deal him 6 damage. The man falls, neatly run through.

    Ajax uses Slam, attempting to inflict stagger and dealing 6 damage to D6:I11, attacking 3, 4, 5, 7, and Aub.
    The stagger counteracts the Soldier and Aub's stability, removing it, and 3 and 4 are looking mighty unsteady.

    "Aub!"
    Dropping all pretense of stealth, Har Lunges to C9.
    And then assesses the situation further.
    (A7->A9->C9)

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    Xagar
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    "Hey!", Aub shouts, the smell of burned fur filling the air, "What are you doing to that dog? Barn-razers".
    Her eyes glow blue as she glides through the brush, hammer poised.
    Har uses [Flowing Blades]
    Har moves to E10, half pushing through, half teleporting, before lashing at the stunned regular for 8 damage and sweeping out at the Soldier for 6 more.
    Felling the stunned regular (I'm assuming that -3 means no reaction), she then turns her full attention to the Soldier, attacking for another 8.

    Geth roll 1d10 for sweep.
    Geth roll 1d10 for spiking the Soldier.
    If the soldier is also defeated, Har then dashes 2 from E10 to G10 post attack, and then dashes 1 to H10.
    Attempting to defeat H9, then bouncing off to attack H12, and then flanking and attacking the healer to stop at H13.

    Otherwise she has a post attack dash-2 to somewhere after failing to fell the soldier

    sweep:
    1d10 2 [1d10=2]
    spiking the Soldier:
    1d10 9 [1d10=9]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @discrider The soldier is defeated, and you may continue your Flowing Blades.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    Running across to Aub (H10) she barely stops to pile drive Regular 5 into the ground.
    "You're insane!", she mouths in passing, flecks of brine peeling off her hammer and from the corners of her eyes.
    Dashing to H11, she swings at the mewling Regular before moving past to H13 onto the metaphorical mother

    Regular 5 not reacting.
    Geth roll 1d10 for Reaction from Regular 6
    Geth roll 1d10 for Reaction from the healer as 8 damage encroaches.

    Reaction from Regular 6:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]
    Reaction from the healer as 8 damage encroaches:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    They didn't even get time to run.

    ---
    The two figures in the back share a look, and run downhill.

    Geth, roll 1d10+2 for caster Speed check
    Geth, roll 1d10+2 for healer Speed check

    If you would like to pursue them, you can exit the edge of the battlefield on your turn and enter a chase, where everyone involved makes Speed checks to determine how the chase is going. If the results are within 3, then you're treated as if you're adjacent to each other.

    ---
    @AustinP0027 Victor's turn!

    caster Speed check:
    1d10+2 10 [1d10=8]
    healer Speed check:
    1d10+2 11 [1d10=9]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    Victor blinks, and the battlefield changes.Har and Aub are in the middle of the fighting, and he’s forced to try and keep up. Moving quickly through bushes, the Radiant scrambles forward to catch up with his allies, who move much quicker than he does.



    Move to A5 -> B5 -> C5

    AustinP0027 on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    @Xagar to check

    AustinP0027 on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Xagar to check

    (You shouldn't be moving diagonally.. might be able to cast from C5?
    Not sure how the within 6 works)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    (yeah, within 6 means 6 distance away measuring by foot. That is using this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicab_geometry
    So you won't be able to reach.
    Ring 6 would reach, rather than Within 6.)

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    Xagar
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    If I can’t go diagonal, then farthest I can get is C5, which is where I would move.

    This is why we don’t run away from the healer....

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    If I can’t go diagonal, then farthest I can get is C5, which is where I would move.

    This is why we don’t run away from the healer....

    Just to summarise:
    Wolf is annoyed.
    All the others are dying bar the lightning casting Mage and the opposing cleric, and they're currently running away.

    On balance, I would agree with you, but we appear to be okay at this moment.

    Maybe we could think about stabilising a regular or two, otherwise Colonel is nearby..

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    .
    If I can’t go diagonal, then farthest I can get is C5, which is where I would move.

    This is why we don’t run away from the healer....
    It's OK, the same thing happens in my home game.

    And yep, you can't move diagonally (unless you're a rogue).

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    I should also mention again that "x by x ring" is a ring of "x by x" squares. For example, Aub's Quake Stomp, a 2x2 ring, is the same as a 5x5 square centered on her. The wolf's Stomp is a 2x2 ring as well, but hits a larger area since he's 2x2 himself.

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited February 26
    If I can’t go diagonal, then farthest I can get is C5, which is where I would move.

    This is why we don’t run away from the healer....

    So, you could possibly also move off the map to the east to give chase to the mage and Cleric.

    Aub's rather lucky that Counter + Lunge allowed Har to catch up in all honesty, whilst/because she was being murdered..
    I rather only thought I'd be using it to close distance on attacks targeting Har.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @joshgotro Colonel/Aub's turn.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I've edited my stuff above to show only the move (which you've already recorded)

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    I'm a shit.

    @Xagar Move Colonel to I9 and Aub is going to mount and give chase.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    And then we never saw Victor ever again
    But sometimes, on a quiet night, I can almost still hear him, trudging alone through the forest

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    joshgotroXagar
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Jeeeeeeeerrrrrrrkkkkkssss

    joshgotro
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @joshgotro Both Aub and Colonel have an action remaining, and are conveniently right next to a bandit - mounting just costs your move.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    @joshgotro Both Aub and Colonel have an action remaining, and are conveniently right next to a bandit - mounting just costs your move.

    All the bandits should be defeated?

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    #5 is still up per the map

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    Xagar wrote: »
    #5 is still up per the map
    discrider wrote: »
    Running across to Aub (H10) she barely stops to pile drive Regular 5 into the ground.
    "You're insane!", she mouths in passing, flecks of brine peeling off her hammer and from the corners of her eyes.
    Dashing to H11, she swings at the mewling Regular before moving past to H13 onto the metaphorical mother

    Regular 5 not reacting.
    Geth roll 1d10 for Reaction from Regular 6
    Geth roll 1d10 for Reaction from the healer as 8 damage encroaches.

    Thanks geth :P

    Reaction from Regular 6:
    1d10 10 [1d10=10]
    Reaction from the healer as 8 damage encroaches:
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Colonel is going to kick him in the face. If that doesn't kill him Aub will use Measured Strike.

    Geth roll 2d10 for VIOLENCE

    VIOLENCE:
    2d10 12 [2d10=3, 9]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    As I recall, I think you were diagonal moving for part of your Flowing Blades, so I redid all the dashes so they would work...he's pretty donezo anyways.

    EDIT: And he gets finished off after blocking Colonel's hooves.

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Nah, it was E10 - > 4 -> Soldier -> G10 -> H10 -> 5 -> H11 -> 6 -> H13 -> Healer and stop

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    Ajax, unable to reach the oh-so-tasty looking horse and rider, and unwilling to attack Har, will move to D5:E6 and try to capture Victor in his jaws with Kidnap.

    Victor again is able to use his Shimmering Veil to not get grabbed, but takes 12 damage.

    @discrider Har's turn!

    Geth, roll 2d10 for attack roll, effect roll

    attack roll, effect roll:
    2d10 4 [2d10=1, 3]

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    He's not chasing the lightning bolt Mage that lightning bolted him?

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    FUCK WE KILLED Victor.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    You think that Ajax looks to be attacking the closest possible target.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Bad dog!

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    fhfvh2z8gfvz.png

Sign In or Register to comment.