Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Hunger of the Beast[ToA]

11112131416

Posts

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    'Oy!'

    Har lunges to G12 and teleports into F9.

    Switching out to her bow, she yells out at the dog

    'Ajax! Drop it! Git here!
    We gotta fetch those other ones!'

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    joshgotro
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    @discrider You could definitely have Lunged when Victor was attacked last round, but Shadow Walk can't be used on defeated characters - they're untargetable except by revive and things that specifically say they can.

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Walk to G9 then I guess...
    They're only mostly dead

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @discrider Make a background check with advantage for calming Ajax down. (Advantage due to Victor's wonderful meal from last night.)

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Geth roll 2d10k1 for not lettin a dog eat somethin

    not lettin a dog eat somethin:
    2d10k1 9 [2d10k1=[9], 1]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Hearing his name seems to have had an effect, and as he lumbers to face you, the bristles recede most of the way back into his skin.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @AustinP0027 Victor's turn!

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor hesitates for a moment even after the large wolf turns to face Aub. Reeling a bit from the wounds infected, the Radiant decides that it might be better to recuperate a moment and let Aub try to figure out what to do with the wolf. Still, not willing to trust the beast completely, Victor steps backwards into the brush, easily focusing on the positive thought of his escape from becoming something's next meal to form a small ball of light which he let's wash over himself.

    Move:
    ->B5->B4
    Cast [Deliverance] on himself, heal for 4hp

    @joshgotro

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    @Xagar What do I need to roll to give chase? Can I throw Coalfang at a bandit?

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    @joshgotro You can make it off the bottom of the map this turn, so make me a Speed check (+6 modifier since it's Colonel). Normally you'd have advantage due to having haste, but they've got a round head start on you, so just a normal roll. Based on their checks from earlier, you need to roll higher than a 1 to catch up.

    Coalfang is a delicate flower and should not be thrown. He just a lil salmander, he can't fly.

    Xagar on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10+6 for ZOOOOOM.
    Xagar wrote: »
    Coalfang is a delicate flower and should not be thrown. He just a lil salmander, he can't fly. YET

    ZOOOOOM:
    1d10+6 8 [1d10=2]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d2 for Ajax action choice
    Geth, roll 2d10 for fleeing guys morale

    Ajax action choice:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]
    fleeing guys morale:
    2d10 5 [2d10=3, 2]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @joshgotro Colonel, with a bit of a false start, catches up to the two fleeing figures, who seem to be still determined to run through the trees. You're essentially adjacent to both of them - go ahead and take an action.

    Ajax lumbers over to a near-dead bandit and crunches down on it with shining, metallic teeth. The man soon disappears entirely down his gullet. (He uses Devour, killing #4 and healing himself for 12.)

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    @Xagar Aub will use Devastation targeting both.

    Geth roll 1d10 for VIOLENCE

    VIOLENCE:
    1d10 5 [1d10=5]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    The red-robed figure, being closer, takes the full brunt of the attack. Neither are able to react.

    ---
    End of Round 3
    The healer recovers a bit of Health due to vigor while continuing to run downslope.
    The spirits of the remaining bandits fade away.

    ---
    Round 4
    bf6eylsf42hy.png

    @discrider Har's turn!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    @Xagar can Har still teleport onto Ajax?
    I wasn't sure what the adjacency change meant in the patch notes.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @discrider Absolutely! That change was actually making the reaction work how the movement skill had always worked - before, the reaction said "Teleport any distance towards your attacker" but it was always intended to be read as "teleport and backstab the guy that attacked you."

    Just in general, whenever something is bigger than normal size, you can climb on it, which is easiest to do with things like haste, Shadow Walk, Grapple, Monkey's Agility, Reaper's Vow, etc.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Har slides up on Ajax's back, looking over at where Victor is perched hidden in the brush.
    "Sshh Ssshh, it's ok puppy.", Har talks calmly to the large dog, rubbing it along the scruff of his neck. "We're all friends ere now. Let's get Victor, and then we'll catch up to Aub."

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @discrider Make another background check with advantage to finish calming it down.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Geth roll 2d10k1 for ssshhhh

    ssshhhh:
    2d10k1 9 [2d10k1=[9], 5]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    joshgotro
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    You think you've gotten a hang of this, at least to some extent - Ajax seems fine with you riding him, and you're able to direct him to start moving downhill. There are no longer any unnatural bristles, just smooth, dark hair, and the intense look in the massive beast's eyes is gone as well.

    After all, he just ate.

    @AustinP0027 Victor's turn.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    @Xagar Am I on top of Ajax with Aub? Or am I now falling behind again?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    At the very least Har will try to move Ajax to you on his turn, but I can't see how you can get on this turn.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 8
    @AustinP0027 When you approach, it becomes clear Ajax doesn't want to let anyone but Har ride him.

    At this point, you could follow on foot, return to the cart and get Bitsy, or do something else (like loot the bodies or heal Ajax).

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "Could try 'ealin 'im?" Har suggests

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor pauses for a moment, starting at the beast who has just attacked him. A moment of indignation at being asked to heal what had just caused him direct harm passed quickly though. The Radiant hadn't been one to hold grudges all that long, and looking up at what now looked like an oversized puppy that Har was riding, he couldn't help but smirk just a little bit.

    Stepping out of the bush that he had been hiding in, Victor put himself in sight of the Wolf. "That wasn't your fault. I understand that."

    The words were more for himself than for the wolf, as the Radiant raised his hands and conjured another ball of positive energy to flow to the wolf. He anchored himself in his words, feeling the joy of a content wolf carrying a rider loyal to him, bolstering his emotions with the compassion that Har had shown twice now.
    Move -> B5 -> C5
    Cast [Deliverance] on Ajax

    ....pray I don't look tasty

    @joshgotro

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "Aye, now do the fountain one!", Har smiles.
    "... On second thought, we 'ave to ride and smell 'im yet.
    Best not make 'im wet and excited"

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 8
    Ajax makes a snuffle towards Victor and locks eyes with him for a moment, then lopes down the hill.

    ---
    The red-robed man curses, and looks for something, a ravine, a cave? the horse bearing down wouldn't be able to navigate. His eyes quickly find a small ditch too small to fit a horse into, and he yells and points "There!" and the pair change their course.

    Geth, roll 1d10+4 for caster perception

    The healer whips around for just a moment, looking at Colonel, and yells "FEAR ME!"
    Colonel withers under the assault, turning, almost foundering in the damp earth, and fleeing almost as far as they had traveled in the last few seconds.

    Geth, roll 2d10 for attack roll, effect roll

    Geth, roll 1d10+2 for caster Speed check
    Geth, roll 1d10+2 for healer Speed check

    caster perception:
    1d10+4 14 [1d10=10]
    attack roll, effect roll:
    2d10 7 [2d10=4, 3]
    caster Speed check:
    1d10+2 5 [1d10=3]
    healer Speed check:
    1d10+2 8 [1d10=6]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @joshgotro Make a Speed+6 check for Colonel to catch up. If Aub wanted to, she could dismount when she felt Colonel start to founder and not lose any distance. If she did, make a Speed check for her as well, and you're close enough this round to attack both bandits.

    For the purposes of Focused Defense, they're both facing Aub's front.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d10+6 for Ajax Speed check

    Ajax Speed check:
    1d10+6 9 [1d10=3]

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d10+6 for SPEED.
    Geth, roll 1d10 for VIOLENCE.
    Aub will dismount and immediately attack with Devastation.

    SPEED:
    1d10+6 11 [1d10=5]
    VIOLENCE:
    1d10 1 [1d10=1]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Aub loses her balance leaping off the horse, and her strike is delayed, neatly blocked by both men's shields. A sneer rises on the red-robed man's face, but it is quickly replaced with shock as a shadow running on the ground becomes Nasim, with a dagger in his back. With a smooth, practiced motion, the assassin slashes the healer across the face and moves to block their escape.

    Nasim used Serpent's Tooth on both of them, using the dual throw property of her daggers, dealing 4 damage and burn to the first and 2 damage and burn to the second. The burn on the healer removed his vigor. She doesn't need to make attack rolls because both already reacted, and doesn't need to make effect rolls since she has clarity.

    ---
    At the end of the round, the caster takes 2 damage from burn.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Round 5
    q0glu28m4lq7.png

    Since the chase has an endpoint in the ravine, no one needs to make Speed checks any more.

    @discrider Har's turn!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "Ahm... Bye Victor!", Har shouts as Ajax tears off through the undergrowth.

    @Xagar Har delays acting until after Ajax has moved if that's possible

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @discrider Technically mounts are moved to right before you in the timeline, just didn't put it on the sheet right.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Then I guess we ride in and Ajax eats the Caster.

    Har then points an arrow at the Healer's direction and demands they surrender.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 10
    Ajax pushes his way into the scrum and hoovers up another person whole with a series of loud crunching sounds.

    Har sees the healer, sweating, reach into his jacket...

    Geth, roll 2d10l1

    2d10l1 1 [2d10l1=[1], 5]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 10
    The man slumps, and takes his hand out of his jacket, dropping his staff and shield to the ground and leaving his hands splayed out, palms empty. Har can see the man was holding another one of those delicious-looking fruits.

    ---
    The battle is over.
    Everyone gets a level and 10 experience.
    Everyone please roll a d10 for loot. If you roll an 8, roll 1d4. If you roll a 9 or 10, roll 1d12.

    Colonel has also leveled up, gaining 1 Spirit and one of the below (your choice):
    Property - Warhorse: You may react with Hooves to attacks on you or your rider. Increase Reflex to 4.
    Strength: Increase Hooves damage to 4.
    Active - Charge: If you moved 6 or more tiles this turn, attack an adjacent enemy, inflicting stagger.
    Active - Trample: This turn, pass through enemies of the same size as you. When you trample an enemy, attack them for 2d, once per turn.
    Property - Steadfast: Displacement cannot separate you and your rider. Instead, when one is displaced, the other is as well.

    @discrider @AustinP0027 @joshgotro

    Xagar on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d10

    1d10 2 [1d10=2]

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d10

    1d10 2 [1d10=2]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
Sign In or Register to comment.