Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp]Hunger of the Beast[ToA]

1679111214

Posts

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    There aren't any particular terrain features you need to worry about, besides a whole bunch of sheep.
    "a" on the sheep is Abby, "r" on the wolf is the rider. Both the wolf and Abby are 2x2 size.
    The wolf and rider are at the bottom of the timeline.
    cdwjo0j9t8vx.png
    @discrider @AustinP0027 @joshgotro

    EDIT: Top of the page! To make sure everyone catches it, I need:
    -Loadouts
    -Level spent for Aub unless she's saving it for Speed
    -Companion choice, and rider if you brought a horse

    Xagar on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Armor[Stability], Longsword [Counter], Shield [Deflect], Coalfang(DRAKE), Weather Control tome, HEARTSEED(This should get transferred to Har?)
    Active Skills [Reckless Strike], [Quake Stomp], [Shake Free], [Defensive Stance]
    Reaction Skill [Parry]
    Support Skill [Focused Defense]
    Movement Skill [Cover]
    Ultimate Skill [Destruction Fist]

    @discrider @AustinP0027 Nasim over Colonel right? RIGHT?

    @Xagar Saving it for speed.

    joshgotro on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Since Har cursed herself like a boss, the heartseed is not in anyone's inventory now.

    If you're wondering what it does, that's for me to know and you to find out.

    Xagar on
    discriderjoshgotro
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Going with the same loadout, just not sold on Herald's usage yet.
    Active Skills [Deliverance], [Waters of Life], [Aura Flash], [Revival Burst]
    Reaction Skill [Shimmering Veil]
    Support Skill [Spirit Bond]
    Movement Skill [Reposition]
    Ultimate Skill [Beacon of Dawn]

    Victor will Spirit Bond Har.

    Yes to Nasim....gotta keep Colonel safe. ;)

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Har chuckles at Victor.
    "Thanks, but", Har reaches for her bow, "perhaps Miss Immovable here might want to take the lead this time"
    Leathers, Bow [Melee -> -1 dmg, 3-7 sight]

    Active Skills [Execute], [Purging Grasp - Touch], [Piercing Thrust], [Counter]
    Reaction Skill [Lunge]
    Support Skill [Duelist Finesse]
    Movement Skill [Teleport adj to person within 4]
    Ultimate Skill [Flowing blades]

    @AustinP0027 to reassign
    And yeah, Nasim

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    It's fine, Victor can move around Spirit Bond at the end of every round if in sight.

    Nasim does a super edgy unshift-into-activate-camouflage-cloak thing, which goes unnoticed by the wall of meat charging at you.

    nraayhtlmxr0.png
    @discrider Har's turn!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Har moves up to D13, nocking an arrow in her bow and dropping her quiver in front of her.
    "Okay, time to guard some sheep"
    Har takes her Counter Stance.

    (Not moving up with Lunge unless the biggun moves out of range)
    @AustinP0027

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Soundtrack:

    joshgotrodiscrider
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor positions himself near Har, taking no action just yet, but preparing for the Wolf's attack.

    Move to E14.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Aub sprints to F12 and is using Focused Defense north while she taunts the wolf.

    "Here boy!"

    @Xagar Nasim get em.

    joshgotro on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Aub sprints to F11 and is using Focused Defense north while she taunts the wolf.

    Here boy!
    It's F12 isn't it?
    I suppose you can use Cover on a sheep..

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Aub sprints to F11 and is using Focused Defense north while she taunts the wolf.

    Here boy!
    It's F12 isn't it?
    I suppose you can use Cover on a sheep..

    Fixed. Dumping all my levels into speed.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

    Well I assume the sheep are allies, and you could Dash 4 towards them.
    joshgotro wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Aub sprints to F11 and is using Focused Defense north while she taunts the wolf.

    Here boy!
    It's F12 isn't it?
    I suppose you can use Cover on a sheep..

    Fixed. Dumping all my levels into speed.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    I have to be adjacent to them at the end of the Dash.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I have to be adjacent to them at the end of the Dash.
    Nup

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Yep, Covering one of the 21 sheep on the map is totally valid.

    Nasim moves to B9 and stars aiming Serpent's Tooth.

    The wolf bounds to D11:E12 and uses Slam, attacking everyone in a 2x2 ring (which is everyone) for 2 damage and stagger.

    Geth, roll 2#1d10 for attack roll, effect roll

    The wolf's attack was telegraphed, so everyone was able to keep their balance.
    Har is too close to counter with a bow!
    Aub uses Parry to block 2 damage and deal 4 damage.
    Victor doesn't have any effects to block.
    Nasim's stealth breaks as she raises a hand. A silver ring on her finger flashes, and a light blue wall of force blocks the 2 damage.

    attack roll, effect roll:
    2#1d10 2 # 5 [1d10=5] 3 [1d10=3]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    The rider chops down at Har with his longsword, dealing 6 damage, 3 of which is redirected to Victor.

    At the end of the round, Nasim throws a poisoned dagger at the rider.

    Geth, roll 2#1d10 for attack, effect

    The rider blocks the dagger with his shield, but still suffers double burn from Serpent's Tooth.

    Bottom of Round 1
    -Victor can change his Spirit Bond target
    -The rider takes 4 damage from burn

    attack, effect:
    2#1d10 2 # 2 [1d10=2] 9 [1d10=9]

    Xagar on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm keeping Spirit Bond where it is for now.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    In that case, @discrider Har's turn!
    fyd1eo2kivwt.png

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Oops, I forgot Nasim was using Dark Mirror. Her shadow is up at B6 near the sheep.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    What about Abby @Xagar

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Abby has laser eyes right? Right!?!?

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Abby baa's supportively. What do you want from her, she's a sheep.


    @discrider

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "Fine then"
    Har attempts to dismount the rider with Purging Grasp.
    Geth roll 2d10 for reflex, effect

    reflex, effect:
    2d10 12 [2d10=6, 6]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Then she moves to.. B14 after dealing all the damage to the rider.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Xagar for reaction, then @AustinP0027

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Har's touch blows away the rider's stability and double burn and deals a massive 12 damage. (He can't react because his Reflex is now lower than the attack roll.)

    The rider almost falls off, grimacing. He shouts wordlessly, and you can see alien magic grip him, coating his body for a moment and obscuring the cause of a series of crunching sounds. When it fades, he is covered with heavy, smooth plates of bone that cover every inch of his body, some of them still wet with blood or scraps of clothing. He seems to be armored in some way, though he still looks near death.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Victor moves up to Har and prepares another spell. They had both taken a hit, and needed healing. Aub was holding her own for now, but Victor also kept an eye on her in case she attracted the beast's main attention.

    Move to C14
    Cast Waters of Life B14:C15 (targeting Har as start of square).
    Har gains 5 HP
    Victor gains 3 HP

    @joshgotro

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    @Xagar Aub is going to use Quack Stomp to attack the rider. Aub moves to E13 uses Quake Stomp then Focused Defense facing north.

    Geth roll 1d10 for Quack.

    Quack:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]

    joshgotro on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    @joshgotro That worked, where do you want to push the rider? You could push him to any of B12, C11, D10 if you want to dismount him.

    Just so everyone's aware how it works, the single-target version of Quake Stomp always succeeds, but it's still an attack so you need to roll for it.

    Xagar on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Queen CityRegistered User regular
    C11

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Bowled over by the force of Aub's stomp, the bone-clad rider lands off to the side of his mount, which barks angrily.

    The massive wolf attempts another Slam of its own-
    The stagger removes Victor and Aub's stability.
    Victor blocks the stagger on Har with Shimmering Veil!
    Nasim blocks the stagger on herself with Defiance!
    Har uses Duelist's Finesse to Lunge at the rider for 3 damage, but his armor reduces it to only 1 damage.
    Aub uses her sword's Counter to deal the wolf 6 damage.
    Har, Victor, and Nasim take 2 damage.
    The rider blocks with his armor and Aub blocks with Focused Defense.

    The wolf then runs back to C6:D7 and spins, growling.

    Geth, roll 2#1d10 for attack, effect

    attack, effect:
    2#1d10 2 # 3 [1d10=3] 8 [1d10=8]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Nasim's shadow moves to F6, and Nasim moves to C12.

    Nasim clubs him in the stomach with a basic attack, attempting to knock the armored figure unconscious, and does so for 4 damage.

    Geth, roll 1d10 for kapow

    kapow:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]

    Xagar on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    The sheep kinda freak out, though Abby stands her ground, baaing threateningly.

    Bottom of Round 2 / Top of Round 3

    @discrider Har's turn!
    c0if9oodd7gp.png

    Xagar on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    Har, Victor, and Nasim take 2 damage.

    @Xagar I should take 5 dmg total then and Har 0, as Spirit bond would take the 2 dmg away from her.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    @AustinP0027 Fixed. Spirit Bond is optional so let me know if you want to fix anything like that in the future.

    You also only take 4 total (2 + 2 is four quick maffs)

    Xagar on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yep, keep forgetting that I can choose whether to take the dmg or not. I'll just make sure to confirm it every time the person takes damage so you don't have to try and guess.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Har smiles as the rider topples, not having much appreciated having the distance closed on her.
    But then, the sheep!

    Leaning out, she pulls the mainsheet taut, flying across the water.

    Popping out next to Nasim, she grunts a greeting, as she makes her bow ready.
    Then, taking aim, she lets fly.

    Har moves to D12, and then attacks the Wolf with Execute dealing 7 damage.
    Geth roll 1d10 for reaction

    reaction:
    1d10 3 [1d10=3]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
Sign In or Register to comment.