As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    Now if you want a busted card there's this abomination.

QM3gzNm_d.jpg?

kYDFjVbwjtLjjUb3pJpCka2tWeDXHM-4810-front_large.png?v=1522643972

oh right, I still need to see Super Troopers 2!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

QM3gzNm_d.jpg?

you really, really don't.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

QM3gzNm_d.jpg?

you really, really don't.

aw dang, after Mamma Mia 2 was so good I had hopes that one would be too.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I'm 90% sure an Anub'arak deck unironically existed for like two months

edit: it was at the peak of the fatigue warrior meta, iirc

there was a deck that absolutely used anub'arak at that point in time

it had some pretty shitty matchups, but did work against fatigue decks for obvious reasons

deathrattle rogue slotted it in, i think

that was more or less the closest thing to like a "midrange" rogue at the time and it was a great answer for those slow control decks

except priest would entomb it and you'd fucking cry

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

it had some pretty shitty matchups, but did work against fatigue decks for obvious reasons

that was more or less the closest thing to like a "midrange" rogue at the time and it was a great answer for those slow control decks

I have a deathrattle rogue for wild nowadays (tons of fun) and I still don't want to slot in Anub. Other deathrattles/big stuff are just more value.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Someday Anub'arak will be playable, someday.
    Does using him to beat Captain Shivers count?

He is a very stout boy!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    that feeling of dread when your control warlock opponent plays a seal and passes on 8 and you just know he has voidlord and dk gul'dan on 9 and 10 and yep

also he got the most disgusting defile on my board of double strongshelled double branching pathed taunts

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »

I have a deathrattle rogue for wild nowadays (tons of fun) and I still don't want to slot in Anub. Other deathrattles/big stuff are just more value.

that's because of different metas

back then anub'arak made absolute sense to slot in because it won you several key matchups (ctrl warrior, priest if you dodged entombs, etc etc). he was slow as shit but you could afford to run slow as shit cause it would eventually just win you the game

anub'arak doesn't do enough now, or really anything, because of how the game has progressed and the resulting powercreep. keep in mind that anub'arak's peak was during, what, LoE? a lot of sets have come out since then. game is different. can't afford to run things like anub now.

but back then? absolutely. anub'arak was good in a time-sealed capsule, but we're no longer in that time-sealed capsule.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    All that's needed to make Anub'arak playable in Wild is something to cheat him into play. That's what brought Mal'Ganis back as a solid Renolock card and a key part of Cubelock. When Rogue gets 'Voidcaller/Skull except for deathrattle minions' we'll see him.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    myra's time to shine!

edit: wait no she'd just shufle another myra into your hand huh. Which is essentially beter until you draw anub'arak?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/wild-vs-data-reaper-report-12/

Wild Report #12

T1 is Odd Rogue, Even Shaman, Big Priest, Togwaggle.
    T2 is Secret Hunter, Renolock, Star Aligner, Odd Paladin, Jade Druid, Aluneth Mage
    No T3, format too cutthroat

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I was hanging around rank 7/8 and decided I just wanted to be at 5. Fired up Tempo Mage and had some good success (60%+ win rate). The only problem was that right when I'd hit a streak, I'd lose.

While it was annoying, I was still winning and netting stars so whatever. Decided to see what "the hotness" was this week and tried out Token Druid...

ci57ickz5gzq.png

Well okay then. Yeah, that's an absurdly strong deck. Highly recommended for laddering if you've got the cards/dust.

Decklist/code:

5vx90tz3x4pk.png
    AAECAZICApnTAoTmAg5AX/0C9wPmBYUI5AigzQKHzgKY0gKe0gLb0wLX7wLi+AIA

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Token Druid is nice. I just read about the Scavenger version being better than the Violet Teacher version at lower ranks from the last reaper report so I might give it a go.

I've been playing a Zerek's Clone Big Priest at rank 8 and it's got about 50%, so it's fun to play because the sheer amount of Rez into Mind Blast power is crazy good. It just feels super bad when you get blown out by aggro, and it's mostly aggressive decks there. Heal Zoo, Secret Hunter, Tempo Mage, Odd Rogue... Blah.

• Options
    If it's all aggro then Warrior should be free wins.

• Options
    Token Druid is nice. I just read about the Scavenger version being better than the Violet Teacher version at lower ranks from the last reaper report so I might give it a go.

I've been playing a Zerek's Clone Big Priest at rank 8 and it's got about 50%, so it's fun to play because the sheer amount of Rez into Mind Blast power is crazy good. It just feels super bad when you get blown out by aggro, and it's mostly aggressive decks there. Heal Zoo, Secret Hunter, Tempo Mage, Odd Rogue... Blah.

If I had Floop I would've tried that deck instead. Good thing the standard version is fine without him.

I'm guessing Floop is a safe craft with potential in the future, but I just can't pull the trigger right now.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Floop would be universally run in Druid if he didn't mess with Oaken Summons.

• Options
    Floop would be universally run in Druid if he didn't mess with Oaken Summons.

Yeah. And I have to believe that is intentionally by design. Smart decision if so.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    MNC Dover wrote: »

If I had Floop I would've tried that deck instead. Good thing the standard version is fine without him.

I'm guessing Floop is a safe craft with potential in the future, but I just can't pull the trigger right now.

I ran the strongshell version to finish off my run to rank 5. I preferred it to the Violet Teacher version (although I didn't really play a good statistical number of games for either deck). I felt like the Strongshell options and Floop give more varieties of sticky boards than you can get from the Violet Teacher version. And no chance to draw both violet teachers immediately before drawing both Oaken Summons...

Inq on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    strongshell wins the mirror so it's the better deck

• Options
    https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/22462796/introducing-hgg-cheer

Promotion for HGG. Proceeds go 50% to Blizz, 50% to players. Rewards include packs and a cardback. Information on pricing and amounts not yet available.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I don’t see much of it, but shudderwock still absolutely sucks to play against. I’m so fucking tired of knowing by turn 2-3 what deck I’m against, and that I’m probably turbofucked unless they get dealt a bad game of solitaire.

2-mana, 8 damage hero power pales on comparison to “recast this fuckin mosquito 18 times despite only playing it one damn time before”

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Shudderwaaah

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I find that kind of funny actually. One of the common complaints about Druid at the moment is it's difficult to tell the archetypes apart because they share so many core cards.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I find that kind of funny actually. One of the common complaints about Druid at the moment is it's difficult to tell the archetypes apart because they share so many core cards.

Yeah but I don't agree with that complaint about Druid.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    i don't mind that it's difficult to tell what they're playing, it's kinda disappointing that there aren't many good tradeoffs involved in picking your cards for making a druid deck

having to decide between spreading plague/malfurion and witching hour back in witchwood (when the meta wasn't as overwhelmingly tilted towards one being better than the other) was a good example of the sort of tradeoffs i like

the only thing that feels like a good choice right now is oaken summons vs floop. floop seems stronger currently but i think it's close

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I'm having a lot of fun with this Rogue shuffle deck. It literally pulls wins from it's ass or loses on turn 5. There is no in-between.

AAECAaIHBLICvQTtBYDTAg20AfsBzQP2BJsFiAfdCIYJgcIC3NEC2+MCqPcC9YADAA==

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Just got beat by a Mecha'thun druid after I thought I was safe by geisting him and polymorphing his Mecha'thun

Nope

He played Floop then Starfired it

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Having Floop as part of your Mecha’thun combo just feels cruel.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Just got beat by a Mecha'thun druid after I thought I was safe by geisting him and polymorphing his Mecha'thun

Nope

He played Floop then Starfired it

I'd have been super suspicious if someone played Mecha'Thun with cards still in hand. But man is that a clever back-up option.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    honestly, i'm guessing that was their plan A

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Today's Brawl is Portals. Pick a class, add seven cards, the rest of your deck is portals added after the mulligan stage.

And yes, Baku/Genn work. I made an odd Mage with Mana Worm, Flamewaker, Arcane Missles, and Baku. Easy win.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    We talking about this in here yet?

Days of the Frozen Throne promotion, Sept. 19-23:

- Tavern Brawl where everyone starts as a DK
    - Everyone who logs in gets a free Golden Happy Ghoul lmao why, thx tho
    - Sequential quests that will "reward 300 gold each, for a total of 600 gold"
    - New bundle: 30 KFT packs for a special price

Edit: Oh, I just got it. Days of the Frozen Throne, as opposed to Nights Knights of the Frozen Throne.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Today's Brawl is Portals. Pick a class, add seven cards, the rest of your deck is portals added after the mulligan stage.

And yes, Baku/Genn work. I made an odd Mage with Mana Worm, Flamewaker, Arcane Missles, and Baku. Easy win.

I pulled a Tess out of a portal. She cast that portal card a dozen times and filled up my hand and my side of the board.

• Options
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I hate Giggling Inventor. It is the worst card of this expansion because it is fucking everywhere, and I hate it so much....that flames... flames... flames? flames... on the side of my face... breathing... heaving breaths... heaving

I've saw a Rogue today running Blood Knight (I was playing Paladin with two Righteous Protectors) and I just about fell out of my chair.

• Options
    Petition to get Madeline Khan as a Hero in the next expansion.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    blood knight is still pretty legit tech, especially in aggressive odd decks (synergizes well with argent squires and your own gigglers)

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I hate Giggling Inventor. It is the worst card of this expansion because it is fucking everywhere, and I hate it so much....that flames... flames... flames? flames... on the side of my face... breathing... heaving breaths... heaving

I've saw a Rogue today running Blood Knight (I was playing Paladin with two Righteous Protectors) and I just about fell out of my chair.

Think Odd Rogue runs them as meta now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I think I'm going to play full antiaggro Renolock this season. Cut N'Zoth and Mecha'thun package for stuff like Mossy and Geddon, then just concede mirror matches while stomping every Shaman.