As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Ocean: Anamnesis] Global Release. Nier Event. 2B (again), 9S, A2.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I did one ten pull, got absolute rubbish

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Summer Myuria is pretty decent as a defender. Strong damage, party damage buffs, and the only defender to reduce elemental damage

Summer Miki is very similar to Maria in that the both provide crit buffs. She also provides a damage buff.

Sophia is an interesting healer that buffs elemental damage and restores ally AP.

Summer Reimi is a better Fidel, straight up.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    LB10'd my Roddick. With only a lvl10 Lightning Blade and not lvl20 his Attack score is 4085.

I really enjoy my Super Saiyan Blue.

• Options
    Also, FYI, the summer banner servants are indeed limited. Previous thoughts that they were not were do to a mistranslation/screw up in info about the banner.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Also, FYI, the summer banner servants are indeed limited. Previous thoughts that they were not were do to a mistranslation/screw up in info about the banner.

whoops.jpg

Sorry about any spreading of misinfo, then!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

whoops.jpg

Sorry about any spreading of misinfo, then!

It wasn't just you. Everyone read it and thought the same.

• Options
    RIP rookie period, farming's going to be a lot more painful from here on out.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/StarOceanAnamnesis/photos/a.218799832098593.1073741828.215149075797002/249130359065540/?type=3&theater

M2 is out for the current event, new weapon draw.

M2's no joke, we failed a couple times already today.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Got a new Shiny BIS sword for Roddick though.

• Options
    I just got crit by her instantly, no windup, for 14.5k in melee in one run this morning. Whelp.

• Options
    https://www.facebook.com/StarOceanAnamnesis/photos/a.218799832098593/255381338440442/?type=3

Part 2 of Summer now live, with Summer Reimi (Attacker) and Summer Sophia (Healer)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm not sure where I'm at with this game right now. I like the core gameplay, but grinding events has gotten stale so much faster than the other mobile games I play.
    I think I really need to put together a team that can solo high-end event content, if that's even realistic. I'm more than tired of random people in multiplayer being completely useless, but they are probably still better than my non-Reimi characters on AI control would be. I think. I haven't really tried, mostly because I've been healer-less until just recently (and haven't leveled that one yet; was planning to hold out on spending any resources until Rena).

• Options
    Fingers crossed...

Daily Draw: Shimada LB5 (lol...)
    4-5* Tickets: Welch LB4, Delacroix, Amina LB4, Farleen LB5, Amina LB5, Stephen LB2
    5* Tickets: Faize LB2, Faize LB3, Victor, Faize LB4 (holy shit go away), Daril
    Ace Tickets: Reimi (not unwelcome but both late and lol), S.Myuria (! good thing I made sure to get the event weapons I guess),
    qc0k0xql.png
    ...S.Reimi!

Huh. I legitimately thought I would draw Sophia before her. I guess I can Augment Millie now. XD

6 Ace Tickets back into the stock for...huh. I dunno. Maybe W.Leanne in a few months if we get that collab.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not sure where I'm at with this game right now. I like the core gameplay, but grinding events has gotten stale so much faster than the other mobile games I play.
    I think I really need to put together a team that can solo high-end event content, if that's even realistic. I'm more than tired of random people in multiplayer being completely useless, but they are probably still better than my non-Reimi characters on AI control would be. I think. I haven't really tried, mostly because I've been healer-less until just recently (and haven't leveled that one yet; was planning to hold out on spending any resources until Rena).

I do all my multiplayer event stuff in the Reddit Discord multiplayer channels. It leads to really smooth runs and lots of mutual exp which starts giving you good stuff as you raise that bar over and over again.

You should consider that of you want to keep playing, as multiplayer also gives greater drops.

• Options
    Having to watch discord to see when people are starting runs would really just add to the inconvenience. It'd be one thing if it was just a few times for an event, but these things need so much grinding and I really don't want to do even close to that much in multiplayer.

I'll probably do the bare minimum until SO2 stuff is available to see if that brings my interest up at all.

• Options
    There's normally always people around to do runs. You post your codes, people join in then and post theirs. It just dies down at the very end of an event when people have cleared them.

The events give limit breaks, tickets, and good free weapons (or transmute fodder).

• Options
    M2's out, along with the new gacha weapons. The notable ones are the Blaublitz, the ONLY 5* Lightning imbue sword to date in JP, and the Thunderbird staff, regular Myuria's BiS weapon. The orb's also pretty good for S.Reimi if you picked her up.

And, uh, RIP and good luck to everyone going for the 1m M2 title, you're gonna need it...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    M2's out, along with the new gacha weapons. The notable ones are the Blaublitz, the ONLY 5* Lightning imbue sword to date in JP, and the Thunderbird staff, regular Myuria's BiS weapon. The orb's also pretty good for S.Reimi if you picked her up.

And, uh, RIP and good luck to everyone going for the 1m M2 title, you're gonna need it...

iPFJDps.jpg?1

My party was Roddick, Maria, Summer Reimi, Summer Myuria. Two 4 rushes, 2nd while the crit buff from Maria was still up if I remember correctly.

Summer Reimi is so good for melee. You can auto the boss for stamina super fast and never have to stand there to recover.

If it makes you feel any better, I also got stuck in a 5 minute run earlier which made me want to kill myself.

• Options
    Been really bad at keeping up with this, but my free daily draw got me Summer Myuria so that's neat

• Options
    MArcPjx.jpg?1

It doesn't even sound like they're promising to fix it -this month-.

What the hell man? Who's coding this?

• Options
    What the hell man? Who's coding this?
    My counterpoint:

Myuria, Miki, Reimi, and Sophia in bikinis

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Also Limited into Limited into Limited banners.

They're doing Valkyrie Profile next.

• Options
    So in the past week, my free daily summons have included Millie, Roddick, and now Summer Myuria today. All three rounding out roles that I was lacking before (had Miki from a daily summon the week before but didn't bother to level her). This game is really making an effort to pull me back, I'll give it that.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Did some tentative projecting out in the future, think I resolved my roll plans for the foreseeable.

Currently have and intend to play...
    Attacker - LB10 S.Reimi

SS - LB6 Maria, LB7 Clair

Defender - LB0 S.Myuria

Invoker - LB1 Myuria

Healer - LB0 Millie

So I'm way invested in Sharpshooters and Attackers and I already have good units in Invokers and Defenders that I just need LB mats for. That means I'm primarily looking for alternate Invokers/Healers for element/interesting coverage for awhile.

With that in mind...

Lenneth/Silmeria - Skip, as much as it hurts to
    Claude/Phia - Skip
    Dias/Rena - Token pull for Rena for Best Pure Healer
    Albel/Ilia - Skip
    Fayt/Sophia - Possibly few pulls for Sophia for Fire mage
    Michael/Eve - Skip
    WLeanne/Leanne - Skip
    Celine/Sarah - Heavy pull for Celine for Light mage
    Meracle/Edge - Skip
    WMaria/WNel - Tentatively skip (maybe roll for Maria collecting purposes)
    WRena/WEve - Skip
    Fiore/Relia - Heavy pull for Fiore for Dark mage/party play

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I'm continuing the hoard for SO2 units, although I might pass on Claude, or maybe just do a token pull. Going deep on Dias/Rena, though, regardless of recently picking up a good defender and a good healer.

If I manage to stick with the game long enough, it looks like I won't have any problems building up a *significant* hoard for Ashton.

• Options
    I got one of the worst 5* on a free pull yesterday

Got Ronyx

• Options
    Fuck you devs.

GSAG2VJl.png5yihbYxl.png

You win. I can't do this. I can't get your stupid overtuned title with your stupid undertuned units and all the inadequacies of my play fully showcased.

ahdkashklreafhskdfh

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    That title was fucking stupid. I got lucky then spent so much damn time trying to help people to no avail.

I've seen so many 1:00 to 1:02s or perfect runs messed uo by boss rng fuckery.

• Options
    Square Enix is making good on their mistakes.

Anyone who bought the falsely advertised Event Packaged before the emergency maintenance is getting an Ace Ticket.
    Anyone who pulled on the Valkyrie banner before the emergency maintenance when it had the wrong and nerfed rate-ups on the characters is getting all the gems they spent on the banner during those 2-3 days refunded.

Good on them making things right. Gonna get two pulls worth of Gems back myself iric. Pulled 3 times, but the third was after the maintenance.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Well shit i spent 5k gems and like 3 Ace and one Five Star ticket.

Noice

• Options
    I don't know if my pulls we're after the maintenance or not, probably after

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I don't really place this anymore, but I had some gems so I pulled on the VP bannner twice and the weapon banner once. I got Lenneth from the character pulls and Silmeria's bow, of course.

• Options
    Well shit i spent 5k gems and like 3 Ace and one Five Star ticket.

Noice

You'll only get the gems back. Tickets don't have rate-ups so they weren't affected.

• Options
    Your first SO2 Character(s) start coming out Tuesday, and then the next banner 2 weeks from that.

• Options
    Haha turns out my draws were during the bugged drop rat

Considering I got both Lenneth and Silmeria, I'm pretty satisfied and will gladly take that 5000 gems

• Options
    Decided to dump some of those gems into the weapon banner

Long story short, I have a fully upgraded Silmeria Bow? And a Lenneth sword with no upgrades, any idea if those weapons stay in the pool or not? I'll be real sad if I don't get at least the first uncap on her sword for the second ability.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Decided to dump some of those gems into the weapon banner

Long story short, I have a fully upgraded Silmeria Bow? And a Lenneth sword with no upgrades, any idea if those weapons stay in the pool or not? I'll be real sad if I don't get at least the first uncap on her sword for the second ability.

There will be Omni-Hammers later that let you upgrade weapons without having multiple copies of them.

• Options
    Decided to do a token 10-pull, and got Claude. This game definitely knows what I want.

• Options
    Star Ocean 2* Campaign is live. Claude (SO2) and Phia (SO1) are in the Gacha. Rena (SO2) and Dias (SO2) should be the next units to release. Claude is a strong attacker with the current best buff-set for a pure Attacker/Defender (+Healer) party as in his buffs don't apply to Sharpshooters at all (so don't pair him with more than one of those). Phia is a ranged non-ace Cliff with entirely selfish talents that focuses on crit chance and crit damage. The next* releasing Dias is a melee focused Defender (in the same vein as Claude is a melee focused Attacker) and Rena is a fast casting Healer with an always-on-regen for anyone with melee weapons.

Event is a Wind and Light damage weak Harpy. Event weapons are an okay OHS for Claude and a meh Dagger for Phia. Weapon Gacha includes a really damn good Ice-Element OHS and an anti-humanoid attack-scaling dagger, both of which are good. Item shops is selling a pack with an Ace Ticket and 5* Weapon Ticket for 5k.

Also, keep in mind, that Global is very likely to have Halloween early just like we had Summer early. Those units, should it happen, will be Vampire Victor (a Maria Replacement that does low damage but great damage buffs like her and provides party sustain), Werewolf Millie (a fisting SRemi alternative), and Devil Clair (a sword & sheathe damage carry with smaller but more unique buffs that don't overlap with hardly anyone in global and who does lots of damage).

• Options
    Got Claude, Phia (who I wanted), and the Daggers from the guaranteed roll (not bad, but was hoping for the sword). Might try for the Sword later.