[Football/Soccer] Thread about kickin' balls

• TavTav Registered User regular
    i1n8ys9f65ik.jpg

the real magic of the cup is when you see the hopes and dreams of small children be crushed in real time

BogartSolarChanusZiggymonTurambarevilbob
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Not sure he meant to do it, but wouldn't be surprised. Plea is a properly good player.

LordSolarMacharius
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    There's no honour in beating Palace like this

But I'll definitely take it

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have to say I'm really enjoying City failing repeatedly this season and Pep grinding his teeth into dust. It's not that I don't like him, but watching half a billion quid's worth of players stumble and fall is strangely heartening. Buying the candy store isn't the only way to win.

HerrCronEl Mucho
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    In other fuck CFG news, we hadn't scored from a corner since some time last season until Saturday's game.

DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

• FishmanFishman I'm not left-handed either. Registered User regular
    Oh, so that's what happened to the Phoenix corner curse.

I guess maybe it goes to City now?

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    As much as I dislike them, I think they're cursed enough with new signing coming on for the last minute or so and immediately doing his ACL.

WW - Champions in May

Fishman
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    US women looked solid against Costa Rica last night. They’re so much fun to watch.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular

Lovely to see Subotic get am amazing reception from the yellow wall on his return.

I have REZ for the Dreamcast PAL for sale £35. Other Excellent retro games for sale PM for details
    That's one of the sexiest goals ever

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Fucking Jesus.
    I couldn't fucking score that in FIFA, let alone in real life.

sig.gif
    It's theoretically possible that Messi could leave Barcelona on a free at the end of the season, given how unhappy he's proclaiming he is with the current situation. What PL club would have enough money to pay him the most exorbitant wages imaginable? Got to be City, I suppose.

Chanus
    edited February 6
    Maybe he'll go to a South American team? I don't see him going to the PL for some reason

Solar on
    I think the PL is an outside shot at best as well. I mean the most likely thing is Barca just doing whatever he demands and staying there until he retires. But I'd love to see him come here.

Solar
    I reckon United would be the only team willing to pay his wages in the PL. Liverpool and City have pretty strict wage structures that I couldn't see them breaking for a 33 year old whereas overspending on someone to their long term detriment is United's wheelhouse. He's said before he wants to return to Newell's Old Boys before retirement but I'm assuming that'll be when he's late 30s, realistically Barca are just going to throw silly money at him while ignoring they're going to have a Messi shaped hole in the club in a few years time.

Solar
    It would be cool if he was a one club man for literally his entire career

Like why even go play somewhere else, after a point. He's been the soul of Barca forever

cxb6ylu2x7ws.jpeg

Well according to his wiki, he’s already joined Steaua Bucharest so that’s that sorted

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Old stars are supposed to end up in LA!

Draeven

Japan used to be a destination as well, but I dunno how popular that is these days. Maybe China? They were splashing the cash about for big stars recently.

Bogart wrote: »

Japan used to be a destination as well, but I dunno how popular that is these days. Maybe China? They were splashing the cash about for big stars recently.

Expect that to cut back a lot re: China. Lotta clubs losing a fuckton of money. Getting the big names in just hasn't brought increased revenue on the scale they were hoping for. Was talk recently of possibly introducing a salary cap.

WW - Champions in May

What's an old footballer with a massive gambling habit and no real hope of competing at the highest level in a decent league any more to do?

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Ride the rails with Maradona?

What's an old footballer with a massive gambling habit and no real hope of competing at the highest level in a decent league any more to do?

There's always the oil money leagues.

WW - Champions in May

evilbob wrote: »

Expect that to cut back a lot re: China. Lotta clubs losing a fuckton of money. Getting the big names in just hasn't brought increased revenue on the scale they were hoping for. Was talk recently of possibly introducing a salary cap.

they're doing that from next season, capping foreign players at £50k a week

the sports minister literally said that clubs were burning money and not being run sustainably

former southampton forward Graziano Pelle was on £290k a week for context

BogartSolar
    290k a week for Graziano Pelle

Lol

hulk was on 320k and oscar was on 400k

really for the best the government stepped in at that stage

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Oh guess what ajax did get totally fucked by the ref in the tottenham return.

But bwanie you say, every team suffers some negative consequences every now and then. Yes, but when uefa dedicates an entire convention to the various ways he screwed the pooch you gotta feel a bit miffed.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    I meant chelsea ofcourse.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    2m64ghyl6uvn.jpg

WW - Champions in May

BogartthatassemblyguyElvenshaeSolarnusuCarpySarksus
    Crouch always seems like a decent bloke.

evilbobFishman
    Insert "a virgin!" quote here.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Crouch was my first favorite soccer player, Marfan motherfucker

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    Blackwood did something good, probably because he got hit in the head hard enough to forget to be shit. Mohamed Toure set the league record for youngest goal scorer by over a year.

WW - Champions in May

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular

Las Vegas Lights FC.

:so_raven:
    Draeven
    Fuck you, VAR. Just fuck you.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. Get fucking rid of this shitfarm technology.

• SarksusSarksus Paul Atreides holding a pugRegistered User regular