As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] Thread about kickin' balls

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    it would be pretty funny if Kepa ended up with a Champions League winners medal

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I expect Arsenal to go out tonight, it's Arsenal and they are very disappointing this season. However, if they make it through, we could have all English CL and Europa finals. Weird new money (CL final) and old money (Europa final) narrative there too.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Hahaha, ABC just letting a clear "Fuck Seattle" chant run on live TV

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Sure is nice of the MLS to allow both teams to wear green.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    Hahaha, ABC just letting a clear "Fuck Seattle" chant run on live TV

to be fair

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    (Very irrelevant MLS thing)

Welp guess I have season tix for Columbus South Carolina now

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    I don't know why the Crew are fucking with their brand after the whole Save the Crew saga. Just seems stupid.

:so_raven:
  • Options
  • Options
    looks like a bunch of journalists there with the giant fuck off DSLRs so even less fans than the video would make you think

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Two days ago: Glad Chelsea is playing Leicester City Tuesday so they can beat them and Liverpool can jump Leicester for that 4th spot.

Today: Glad Leicester City is playing Chelsea Tuesday so they can beat them and Liverpool can jump Chelsea for that 4th spot.

Tomorrow, likely: It doesn't matter, Liverpool lost to Man Utd.

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Speaking of MLS, Altidore and Bradley each scored in Toronto’s win over Columbus South Carolina

That’s so MLS

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how good Austin FC have looked so far. I wasn’t able to watch the game at the weekend, just the previous three, but they look freaking relentless. Just very good in the build up and attack.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    A few years before the Minnesota North Stars moved to Dallas they removed the 'north' from their name because the owner intended to move the team and figured it'd be easier to keep everything the same without needing to change anything but a mailing address.

So, a move to South Carolina is probably actually on the cards.

• Options
    ESPN+ to add La Liga to their offerings. I found this quote humorous from their own article on the matter
    The eight-year La Liga rights agreement adds to the lineup of soccer on ESPN+, which includes Spain's Copa del Rey, the German Bundesliga, MLS, England's FA Cup, English Football League (EFL) and Carabao Cup, Dutch Eredivisie, Scottish Premiership, UEFA National Team Football and the United Soccer League.

Somehow Serie A got left our of their own hype packet, despite the headline of ESPN's main soccer page regularly reporting on the latest minutiae of Serie Ronaldo.

Anyway, loathe as I am to give Disney any more money, that's basically everything BUT the premier league. If they somehow wrest the premier league from NBC and have all the footballs I might finally have to give in.

• Options
    I'd rather shave my head with a cheese grater and chew on tinfoil than sign up for an external service to watch ~2 games a week.

• Options
    I should watch more football

Does ESPN+ come with Disney?

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I think it's like an extra $3 for the Disney, Hulu, ESPN bundle

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I think I have that, nice

These matches are all on at like 5pm EST right

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

MLS is normal US sports times

Euro stuff is usually the last match starts around 2/3 Eastern but you can watch replays later

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    ESPN+ to add La Liga to their offerings. I found this quote humorous from their own article on the matter
    The eight-year La Liga rights agreement adds to the lineup of soccer on ESPN+, which includes Spain's Copa del Rey, the German Bundesliga, MLS, England's FA Cup, English Football League (EFL) and Carabao Cup, Dutch Eredivisie, Scottish Premiership, UEFA National Team Football and the United Soccer League.

Somehow Serie A got left our of their own hype packet, despite the headline of ESPN's main soccer page regularly reporting on the latest minutiae of Serie Ronaldo.

Anyway, loathe as I am to give Disney any more money, that's basically everything BUT the premier league. If they somehow wrest the premier league from NBC and have all the footballs I might finally have to give in.

Serie A is moving over to CBS next season, which is why it wasn’t included.

• Options
    oldmanken wrote: »
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Serie A is moving over to CBS next season, which is why it wasn’t included.

OIC

I swear they just got the rights like yesterday, but I guess it was 2018. I guess the soccer league broadcast shuffle continues, sigh.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

MLS is normal US sports times

Euro stuff is usually the last match starts around 2/3 Eastern but you can watch replays later

Watching last weekend's replays from the Scottish Cup. Loving this Dundee v. Hibs match-up.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    FA Cup day, homps. I have watched no more than three hours of build up so far.

• Options
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    holy shit

• Options
  • Options
    daaaang

• Options
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    WOW. Maximum drama.

• Options
  • Options
    that was a much more entertaining second half

• Options
    It’s lovely to see the players all obviously very fond of the club owner.

• Options
    just switched over to NYCFC vs Toronto right in time to see Toronto's keeper get kicked square in the nuts

• Options
    now Toronto's keeper just punted it straight into the back of the head of an opposing player and the ball went in the net but the whistle had already blown

MLS is a fuckin hoot you guys

• Options

missed the cup final to watch our league match and sure this wasn't a bad goal either

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Congrats to Leicester! Really happy for them.

This discussion has been closed.